The Cowboys could have got Barmore and Moehrig/Joseph

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
Not only that but his primary position is 3 tech and we already have a 2nd and a 3 rd invested there and I just don’t think the cowboys are ready to throw the towel in on those 2 picks just yet

Barmore was never in the table IMO. I think folks get caught up in the school they came from and watched them play in a big game or 2 and then feel like they are this savior for our team

I have some question marks on the 3rd round but I’m not gonna bash it just yet.I’m ok with OSA but the last 2 I scratch my head on.

was wondering if they see a FS in Wright
Golston is better than Dorrance Armstrong right now so it's not a head scratcher. Wright I understand folks are saying he is a reach but just curious if people are saying that because they didn't watch his film and don't recognize his name.

I think Wright will be corner as Israel they said will try to convert to safety. Curious to see what happens with Wright, Israel and Reggie Robinson

Batman1980

Reaction score
Gregory, Gallimore, Bohanna and Lawrence actually sounds like a decent foundation but still needs more work.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
New England traded their 46th, 122nd and 139th picks to the Cincinnati Bengals for the right to Barmore at 38. We could have offered 44, 115, and 138 for Barmore.

The Cowboys could have packaged their three 3rd picks (which look like Jags) = 489 points which is equal to the 42 pick. IMO the Niners might have done it for 43 since they gave up so much future draft capital.

Quality > Quantity. Parsons, Barmore, and Moehrig/Joseph would have been a blue chip draft.
Why do you guys keep wanting and insisting the Cowboys be interested in guys you want? They clearly didn't want them. And the league itself let Moehrig and Barmore fall into a round later than they were suppose to go.

Whether we like what the Cowboys did or not....we have no idea who they took off their board for different reasons like medicals or what not.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
You gotta be kidding. You are questioning Belechek while dismissing any criticism of the cowboy draft? The question you SHOULD be asking is why Belechek wanted this kid and what we didn't see in him.

So you're saying that belicheat HAS NEVER been wrong on a player and EVERY player he's ever drafted made the team and he's had zero busts. You're saying that belicheat is a God walking on earth and never makes mistakes. I'm questioning spending THREE draft picks for a 2nd round pick. And since you either haven't read my comments on this or you have a comprehension problem, but I haven't said if the Cowboys draft was good or bad because like actual smart football people I wait to see how the draft picks play in the NFL before judging the draft now. Who would think a player would have been a Pro bowl player and an All Pro player that wasn't even drafted and was signed as a UDFA. You do remember Tony Romo and now think of all 32 teams that didn't even draft him. The point here is all teams make mistakes by not drafting players and the players they do draft and/or give up to much to draft a player.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
So you're saying that belicheat HAS NEVER been wrong on a player and EVERY player he's ever drafted made the team and he's had zero busts. You're saying that belicheat is a God walking on earth and never makes mistakes. I'm questioning spending THREE draft picks for a 2nd round pick. And since you either haven't read my comments on this or you have a comprehension problem, but I haven't said if the Cowboys draft was good or bad because like actual smart football people I wait to see how the draft picks play in the NFL before judging the draft now. Who would think a player would have been a Pro bowl player and an All Pro player that wasn't even drafted and was signed as a UDFA. You do remember Tony Romo and now think of all 32 teams that didn't even draft him. The point here is all teams make mistakes by not drafting players and the players they do draft and/or give up to much to draft a player.

I'm not saying that at all, and its clear you are the one with comprehension issues. I'm saying he's right a hell of a lot more often than the Dallas Cowboys. If you are going to question people, start with the Jones boys.

starfan1

Reaction score
Golston is better than Dorrance Armstrong right now so it's not a head scratcher. Wright I understand folks are saying he is a reach but just curious if people are saying that because they didn't watch his film and don't recognize his name.

I think Wright will be corner as Israel they said will try to convert to safety. Curious to see what happens with Wright, Israel and Reggie Robinson
Speaking for me I didn’t recognize him to he taken where he was taken . I didn’t watch his film yet at all and golsten wasn’t head scratcher to me I was referring to pick 99. I at least heard of golsten that was a fat finger .I can’t wait for camp

ICP

Reaction score
Could, woulda, shoulda when it comes to Jerry & Company

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
New England traded their 46th, 122nd and 139th picks to the Cincinnati Bengals for the right to Barmore at 38. We could have offered 44, 115, and 138 for Barmore.

The Cowboys could have packaged their three 3rd picks (which look like Jags) = 489 points which is equal to the 42 pick. IMO the Niners might have done it for 43 since they gave up so much future draft capital.

Quality > Quantity. Parsons, Barmore, and Moehrig/Joseph would have been a blue chip draft.
Coulda woulda shoulda

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

SMH. These 3 scrubs don't equate to the 42nd pick in the draft (Moehrig).

Maybe this is why Matt Miller isnt really popular anymore. Golston went a round early but Odighizuwa was a solid 3rd round prospect. 200's for either is pretty ridiculous

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Who is Matt Miller? Honest question.
He was popular a while back for a couple years after Wes Bunting got a life.

Both were popular for being different with there rankings. Bunting's was a bit notably out there, but he had some home runs. He was calling Tyron Smith a generational LT before he was even a 1st round prospect

Cowfan75

Reaction score
When you have this FO, one who doesn't make moves in the draft OR FA...you get what you get. Notice this is the first year in a long time that Jerry hasn't said he's "all in" on winning. He was lying then, now he doesn't even try.

CWR

Reaction score
After that draft the Pats made an official statement that they never considered drafting Jaylon. But if making up stuff makes you feel better...lol.

I'm just repeating the whispers post draft. This time of year everyone is full of crap, so nothing surprises me.