News: The Cowboys current cap space is $21,534,119

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
https://overthecap.com/salary-cap/dallas-cowboys

The Cowboys currently have $21,534,119 in cap space. Given Tyron's injury today, it's important that we get at least one player. I'm thinking it'd be a wise idea to sign Eric Fisher and either also sign Jason Peters or trade for Isaiah Wynn (Guard Pats). We have the cap space. What we need is to sign one of if not two of these players. If the plan is to have Tyler at LT, then it'd be wise to get Fisher and Wynn so that we can have a guard at LG to make this easier. We should be able to get away with a 4th, and we have a lot of comp picks coming next year. Fisher gives depth if something happens. If we want Tyler at LG, then Peters and Fisher give us depth at LT. Either way, we need to make one of if not a couple of these moves.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Yeah let's get them now when they know we absolutely need them. I'm sure they'll give us a team friendly deal.

Great job GM Jerry and Stephen Jones

Unfortunately, they'd probably raise the price since we'd need them, but I think these are moves we have to make. Unless the FO wants to tank this season, which they might. If they do that, good luck convincing Parsons to stay when his contract is finished.

BleedSilverandBlue

Curator of Excellent Takes
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

The Cowboys currently have $21,534,119 in cap space. Given Tyron's injury today, it's important that we get at least one player. I'm thinking it'd be a wise idea to sign Eric Fisher and either also sign Jason Peters or trade for Isaiah Wynn (Guard Pats). We have the cap space. What we need is to sign one of if not two of these players. If the plan is to have Tyler at LT, then it'd be wise to get Fisher and Wynn so that we can have a guard at LG to make this easier. We should be able to get away with a 4th, and we have a lot of comp picks coming next year. Fisher gives depth if something happens. If we want Tyler at LG, then Peters and Fisher give us depth at LT. Either way, we need to make one of if not a couple of these moves.

I guarantee that a deal for Wynn or Fisher will be announced in the next week. Moving forward at LT with what we've got now is a suicide mission. Kicking Tyler to LT is a possibility but it leaves us dangerously thin along the offensive line. If we have a single injury we risk the wheels coming off completely (and there will be injuries).

Can I get a slow clap for our genius front office?

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yeah let's get them now when they know we absolutely need them. I'm sure they'll give us a team friendly deal.

Great job GM Jerry and Stephen Jones
You got any other team's injuries to post about????:muttley::banghead:

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Cap is being saved.....email Jerry and find out why????

Pessimist_cowboy

Reaction score
Cool Stephen and Jerry have brainwashed most of you to think this is a good thing. Have fun with mediocrity.

this is a very poorly ran franchise. It’s an absolute joke. Every offseason even the fans celebrate not spending money to “save” it. For what? Lol it’s embarrassing when your starting to become envious of the Eagles. Yes they have a measly one super bowl. But at least they try.

Last edited:

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score
It's simple just sign Erik Fisher and wait 2 months for Smith to get back for this season. Once the year is over plan on kicking Tyler to LT and draft a guard in the top 2 rounds.

Flamma

Reaction score

I think that cap money is going to be rolled over to next season. They don't have all of that space for no reason.

I also believe they're not all in this season.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
It's simple just sign Erik Fisher and wait 2 months for Smith to get back for this season. Once the year is over plan on kicking Tyler to LT and draft a guard in the top 2 rounds.

That's a point I made in this lol.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
I guarantee that a deal for Wynn or Fisher will be announced in the next week. Moving forward at LT with what we've got now is a suicide mission. Kicking Tyler to LT is a possibility but it leaves us dangerously thin along the offensive line. If we have a single injury we risk the wheels coming off completely (and there will be injuries).

Can I get a slow clap for our genius front office?

You know what they say about failure to prepare.

Jfconrow

Reaction score
Wynn is injured. I’d do nothing run the ball and try to keep dak healthy. I mean here we go again we’re not even out of the preseason. Honestly you don’t even need an offense this year play defense and have a good kicker, run the ball. They have OL who could play LT.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Wynn is injured. I’d do nothing run the ball and try to keep dak healthy. I mean here we go again we’re not even out of the preseason. Honestly you don’t even need an offense this year play defense and have a good kicker, run the ball. They have OL who could play LT.

Problem is (bad planning again by the FO) is we don't have a good kicker. Fisher should be a good addition.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think that cap money is going to be rolled over to next season. They don't have all of that space for no reason.

I also believe they're not all in this season.

We literally have all that cap space for no reason.

csirl

Reaction score
Saving money to allow the team to eat dead money over the next couple of years.