News: The Cowboys current cap space is $21,534,119

Brax

Reaction score
https://overthecap.com/salary-cap/dallas-cowboys

The Cowboys currently have $21,534,119 in cap space. Given Tyron's injury today, it's important that we get at least one player. I'm thinking it'd be a wise idea to sign Eric Fisher and either also sign Jason Peters or trade for Isaiah Wynn (Guard Pats). We have the cap space. What we need is to sign one of if not two of these players. If the plan is to have Tyler at LT, then it'd be wise to get Fisher and Wynn so that we can have a guard at LG to make this easier. We should be able to get away with a 4th, and we have a lot of comp picks coming next year. Fisher gives depth if something happens. If we want Tyler at LG, then Peters and Fisher give us depth at LT. Either way, we need to make one of if not a couple of these moves.
I believe they are counting on a good amount of this to roll over to lessen the 50 mil QB hit next year to a manageable amount

Flamma

Reaction score
We literally have all that cap space for no reason.

LOL you could be right. Of course I'm only guessing, but I think that cap space is going to go towards Dak's cap hit next year. His cap hit for 2023 is 50M. They already pushed around 25M forward over the last two years to get him to a reasonable cap hit. They're not going to push 30M more next year. That's what it would take to get him to where he is this year.

I'm not saying they're not going to push any of it forward, just nowhere near 30M. And this cap space we have now is going towards that goal.