The Cowboys defense played poorly last week because they played Sean Lee

TheSkaven

Last Man Standing
Reaction score
The Forum changed the Subject title of the Post.

It had nothing to do with the Cowboys losing the game playing Lee. It was that the LBs and defense played poorly because the chemistry was messed with on a winning team.

If anyone thinks that Vander Esch, Smith, and Wilson looked worst than Lee, Smith and Wilson missed the 5 game winning streak. You have to take either Smith or Vander Esch off the field to play Sean Lee. That effected the defensive chemistry.

Before you post anything else, bring up NFL Game Pass, go to Coaches Film, and forward to the Colts drive starting at the two minute warning in the second quarter. Watch Sean Lee. Then come back and comment.

Thanks.

The Quest for Six

Reaction score
The Forum changed the Subject title of the Post.

It had nothing to do with the Cowboys losing the game playing Lee. It was that the LBs and defense played poorly because the chemistry was messed with on a winning team.

If anyone thinks that Vander Esch, Smith, and Wilson looked worst than Lee, Smith and Wilson missed the 5 game winning streak. You have to take either Smith or Vander Esch off the field to play Sean Lee. That effected the defensive chemistry.

this notion that Lee playing those 7 snap on defense effected their play is utter nonsense..

TheSkaven

Last Man Standing
Reaction score
I'm not sure why I decided to do this, but I put the 6 snaps together into a YouTube video. Now everyone can watch and explain how Sean Lee disrupted the team chemistry and caused the defense to collapse.

Enjoy.

eromeopolk

Reaction score
I said it. I believe it and that settles it. I do not know any Head Coach that has a player replace a player that is always injured, the young player gets on a pro bowl consideration game winning streak and you put the often injured player back in the line up and mess up the chemistry.

If its not an issue regarding the Dallas Jonesboys. Then why is it a issue all over the media before the game: Proof to links of articles that can not be posted on the forum inserted here. I did not know this was a problem but all the media has been discussing this and it was an upcoming issue.

The Cowboys was 3-5 with Lee in and out the defense and the defense had no buzz or hype.

Recently on KRLD-FM 105.3 The Fan in Dallas, owner and general manager Jerry Jones said Lee would regain his starting spot once healthy, adding, "make no mistake about it, when [Lee is] right, there's nobody better. He's such an integral part of adjusting on the field and making the big play."

Jones went on to say "it's a great problem to have," of getting Lee back into the mix while making sure Vander Esch and Jaylon Smith continue to play prominent roles.

This is where the parallels between the Prescott-Romo conundrum go away. Yes, a team could choose to play multiple quarterbacks -- hey, Tom Landry did it with Roger Staubach and Craig Morton -- but the reality says otherwise.

Multiple linebackers can play at the same time, and the Cowboys only sparingly use a dime defense that has just one linebacker on the field.

"We've got to wait and see how it all works out, but just like we had it earlier in the year, you have a chance to rotate some guys and some of those things," defensive coordinator Rod Marinelli said. "It's a good thing to have. It keeps everybody a little bit fresher and sharper, especially as the season goes on."

Yeah, lets go back to earlier in the year....3 wins 5 loses.

I said it, I believe it and that settles it.

eromeopolk

Reaction score
this notion that Lee playing those 7 snap on defense effected their play is utter nonsense..
New
I said it. I believe it and that settles it. I do not know any Head Coach that has a player replace a player that is always injured, the young player gets on a pro bowl consideration game winning streak and you put the often injured player back in the line up and mess up the chemistry.

If its not an issue regarding the Dallas Jonesboys. Then why is it a issue all over the media before the game: Proof to links of articles that can not be posted on the forum inserted here. I did not know this was a problem but all the media has been discussing this and it was an upcoming issue.

The Cowboys was 3-5 with Lee in and out the defense and the defense had no buzz or hype.

Recently on KRLD-FM 105.3 The Fan in Dallas, owner and general manager Jerry Jones said Lee would regain his starting spot once healthy, adding, "make no mistake about it, when [Lee is] right, there's nobody better. He's such an integral part of adjusting on the field and making the big play."

Jones went on to say "it's a great problem to have," of getting Lee back into the mix while making sure Vander Esch and Jaylon Smith continue to play prominent roles.

This is where the parallels between the Prescott-Romo conundrum go away. Yes, a team could choose to play multiple quarterbacks -- hey, Tom Landry did it with Roger Staubach and Craig Morton -- but the reality says otherwise.

Multiple linebackers can play at the same time, and the Cowboys only sparingly use a dime defense that has just one linebacker on the field.

"We've got to wait and see how it all works out, but just like we had it earlier in the year, you have a chance to rotate some guys and some of those things," defensive coordinator Rod Marinelli said. "It's a good thing to have. It keeps everybody a little bit fresher and sharper, especially as the season goes on."

GenoT

Reaction score

:muttley::laugh::lmao::lmao2::facepalm:

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
New

Well you must be a young pup.

The Quest for Six

Reaction score
New

I couldn't care less what Jerry Jones has to say about player personel or game day playing time of any player, nor should you, He's full of crap.....Jerry talks out of his rear end 90% of the time.....tell me what other NFL owner that would hire Jerry as a GM.......that answer is ZERO!!! Dont' give me the 3-5 record, Sean Lee is still one of thee top players on this defense when on the field, the cowboys weren't 3-5 because of Lee and I suggest you look at this defense when Lee wasn't on the field over the last five years, it collapsed, that's how much of a difference maker Lee is and you can look no further than Jerry and Garret with their nonsensical belief of keeping Lee in bubble wrap most training camp and why he is injured now with re-ocurring hamstring issues,...last time I checked the Cowboys scored zero points on Sunday, or is that Lee's fault too....there I said it, I know it and it's a FACT!!

eromeopolk

Reaction score
I'm not sure why I decided to do this, but I put the 6 snaps together into a YouTube video. Now everyone can watch and explain how Sean Lee disrupted the team chemistry and caused the defense to collapse.

Enjoy.

Since I have coached, scouted and played, I will tell you this: Team Chemistry is a delicate thing. The defense got psyched watching that big 6-4-250 LB come in an out play the player that was ahead of him. When you take practice reps, game planing, and flow of the game from a player that has infused your team especially defense to put in another player that is perceived to be favorited by those not on the field, you totally mess up the chemistry of the unit and defense.

I knew I was going to get a lot of blow back and that's why I titled the post its original title.

Yes, you wasted your time showing me 6 plays. Because it is much more than 6 plays. Its Dallas Cowboys vs. Dallas Jonesboys. Name me the Head Coach that went on a 5 game winning streak with a rising player and then works a game plan, practice, and game flow to work in a injured player? Tony Dungy, Rodney Harrison and Collinsworth discussed Jerry's comments that Lee would return to the starting line up. They said the Coaches may have something to say about it. Well they were speaking from the perspective that coaches were making the final decision.

They forgot this is Jerry Jones Dallas Jonesboys.

eromeopolk

Reaction score
I couldn't care less what Jerry Jones has to say about player personel or game day playing time of any player, nor should you, He's full of crap.....Jerry talks out of his rear end 90% of the time.....tell me what other NFL owner that would hire Jerry as a GM.......that answer is ZERO!!! Dont' give me the 3-5 record, Sean Lee is still one of thee top players on this defense when on the field, the cowboys weren't 3-5 because of Lee and I suggest you look at this defense when Lee wasn't on the field over the last five years, it collapsed, that's how much of a difference maker Lee is and you can look no further than Jerry and Garret with their nonsensical belief of keeping Lee in bubble wrap most training camp and why he is injured now with re-ocurring hamstring issues,...last time I checked the Cowboys scored zero points on Sunday, or is that Lee's fault too....there I said it, I know it and it's a FACT!!

If you don't care about what Jerry Jones says, then you have not been watching the Dallas Cowboys the past 28 years.

Its a FACT Jones fired a back to back winning Super Bowl coach. Its a FACT Jerry Jones ran off another Super Bowl winning Coach after he got his Stadium. Its a FACT Jerry Jones hired Jason Garrett as HC before replacing Tuna (the other Super Bowl Winning Head Coach). Its a FACT Sean Lee the so called top three player was easily replaced by a rookie.

Your post proves my point why this defense responded the way it did with the return of Sean Lee.

I say what nobody wants to say or hear about the Dallas Jonesboys...the truth.

CB61

Reaction score
The Cowboys defense played poorly last week because they played Sean Lee. Lee is a Jonesboy favorite and for some reason they keep wanting to mess up the young talented chemistry on this defense for a player that has proven injury prone and unavailable.
You might have a point there if it wasn't for if he only played 7 plays ? But who knows you may be right just this presence back on the field?
Why would you take reps from 2 young LBs that was on a five game winning streak? Because this is not a football team ran by the Head Coach. Jimmy Johnson sat Troy Aikman to continue the winning streak with Steve Beuerlien. Tuna did not go back to Bledsoe when Romo got hot. Landry did not go back to Morto who took the team to a Super Bowl after Staubach won the team and went on a win streak to the Super Bowl.

Only a Owner with a weak butt Head Coach would have taking better young talented player off the field for favoritism. Until this team gets a Head Coach it will never be the Dallas Cowboys. The Dallas Jonesboys are back again.

They have messed with the chemistry of the defense. If you did not see that in the Colts game, you are look at things through Jerry Jones eyeglasses and is a blind as he has been about football for the past 28 years.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Since I have coached, scouted and played, I will tell you this: Team Chemistry is a delicate thing. The defense got psyched watching that big 6-4-250 LB come in an out play the player that was ahead of him. When you take practice reps, game planing, and flow of the game from a player that has infused your team especially defense to put in another player that is perceived to be favorited by those not on the field, you totally mess up the chemistry of the unit and defense.

I knew I was going to get a lot of blow back and that's why I titled the post its original title.

Yes, you wasted your time showing me 6 plays. Because it is much more than 6 plays. Its Dallas Cowboys vs. Dallas Jonesboys. Name me the Head Coach that went on a 5 game winning streak with a rising player and then works a game plan, practice, and game flow to work in a injured player? Tony Dungy, Rodney Harrison and Collinsworth discussed Jerry's comments that Lee would return to the starting line up. They said the Coaches may have something to say about it. Well they were speaking from the perspective that coaches were making the final decision.

They forgot this is Jerry Jones Dallas Jonesboys.
Where did you coach, scout and play?

eromeopolk

Reaction score
To all the posters: SEAN LEE OUT.........AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!

Total waste of time and chemistry to take reps and disturb a winning streak defense. Lee could not get in a full pad practice. You do not give an old injury prone player reps and plays from a young group of young, active, and talented players that are on a win streak.

The media and sports commentators have been talking about the return of Lee and the possible negative impact to the defense to fit him in.

This is the typical Jerry Jones GM and Head Coach move that again has proven ill informed and inept of competence to GM or Head Coach.

eromeopolk

Reaction score
JAYLON SMITH 69 Yard fumble return for TD....No pulled hamstring!!!!!!!!!