The Cowboys Did This To Themselves (My Rant)

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Fear not, Jerry is going to make a crazy hire. I just haven't figured out who.
however I believe he's going to turn the team over to a real coach.He knows puppet time is over.
It's Parcells time part 2.

cald0d30s0

Reaction score
You know, sad part of this is that a bunch of random fans on an internet board knows all the issues with their players, im pretty sure they know, again they don’t care, Jerry’s Country Club is doing great, which is to get revenue. Why change if its the most valuable franchise?

Blue64

Reaction score
Anybody else share my feelings of indifference heading into the season? Now we know the reasons we felt this way. The Cowboys set themselves up to fail months and months ago. The entire offseason was organizational incompetence, start to finish.

1. The offensive line is bad. Dak gets pressured immediately and there is no running room. Tyler Guyton is not ready to be a starting left tackle. Cooper Beebe is strong but slow. Terence Steele has been getting cooked. Zack Martin looks old. And Tyler Smith is a holding penalty waiting to happen.

2. The Cowboys do not have an NFL caliber running back to run behind this bad line. Zeke should have been out of the NFL two years ago. Rico Dowdle is a nice THIRD running back but he's the best we have. Deuce Vaughn is not a pro football player, sorry. We can call up Dalvin Cook, but he's going to be Zeke 2.0.

3. Dallas needed DT help. So what did they do? Nothing until bringing in two aging veterans literally days before the season. And Mike Zimmer's scheme is worse than Dan Quinn's. There is NO EXCUSE for the running game to be this bad with essentially the same personnel as last year. Come on, was Jonathan Hankins really THAT good?

4. The Cowboys sat of their butts and waited and waited before ultimately giving both Dak and Lamb what they wanted. Fine. So why not do this back in March? The Cowboys now have over $20 million of cap space because they stretched the money of both players out over the next four years. If they did this when any COMPETANT front office would have, maybe they could have signed a RB. And a DT. And maybe a veteran lineman.

Any Cowboys fan could see this team got noticeably worse from the group that got smoked by the Packers in the playoffs all offseason. Now we are seeing it on the field. Thank you so much, Jerry and Stephen. This is going to be such a fun season, I've already mentally checked out.
Great points and all true but this has been going on for years…
Ceedee holding the team hostage and then that worthless QB saying if he doesn’t get a contract before the game, it says a lot about the Cowboys and the FO… so what happened in both cases the players got paid and #4 who will never ever see a championship game is the highest paid in history…
Pretty good if you ask me…

The only way this team will get better is if more fans start not caring and drop the cowturds from being the richest franchise.
Then once Jerry is no longer number 1, he and that idiot son of his will do everything to get back there.

Creeper

Reaction score
Anybody else share my feelings of indifference heading into the season? Now we know the reasons we felt this way. The Cowboys set themselves up to fail months and months ago. The entire offseason was organizational incompetence, start to finish.

1. The offensive line is bad. Dak gets pressured immediately and there is no running room. Tyler Guyton is not ready to be a starting left tackle. Cooper Beebe is strong but slow. Terence Steele has been getting cooked. Zack Martin looks old. And Tyler Smith is a holding penalty waiting to happen.

2. The Cowboys do not have an NFL caliber running back to run behind this bad line. Zeke should have been out of the NFL two years ago. Rico Dowdle is a nice THIRD running back but he's the best we have. Deuce Vaughn is not a pro football player, sorry. We can call up Dalvin Cook, but he's going to be Zeke 2.0.

3. Dallas needed DT help. So what did they do? Nothing until bringing in two aging veterans literally days before the season. And Mike Zimmer's scheme is worse than Dan Quinn's. There is NO EXCUSE for the running game to be this bad with essentially the same personnel as last year. Come on, was Jonathan Hankins really THAT good?

4. The Cowboys sat of their butts and waited and waited before ultimately giving both Dak and Lamb what they wanted. Fine. So why not do this back in March? The Cowboys now have over $20 million of cap space because they stretched the money of both players out over the next four years. If they did this when any COMPETANT front office would have, maybe they could have signed a RB. And a DT. And maybe a veteran lineman.

Any Cowboys fan could see this team got noticeably worse from the group that got smoked by the Packers in the playoffs all offseason. Now we are seeing it on the field. Thank you so much, Jerry and Stephen. This is going to be such a fun season, I've already mentally checked out.
This is exactly how I am thinking, although I am not indifferent. I want the Cowboys to win, but I am being realistic.

Most Cowboys players are overrated. We expect more of them because we fall for the hype that starts on draft day. Watching the Joneses in the offseason after Jerry claimed he was "all in" I got a touch of reality. This team got blown out by Green Bay, the let a bunch of players walk out the door while Jerry did nothing to replace them. Of course we got the post draft hype, but every team drafts players and thinks they did a great job. But draftees are still rookies.

The question for me is does Jerry have a plan, knowing this season would be a down season? Or does he think this is really a winning roster?

kskboys

Reaction score
Dude, you really have to stop drinking the Kool-Aid narrative that this team can't do anything because of Dak and Ceedee. They absolutely can. They could easily field a SB roster if they'd take some risks instead of arrogantly only relying in their draft classes and doing nothing in FA. The salary cap will go up next year and significantly the year after based on current projections and Dak and CeeDee's contracts won't be any higher % wise of the cap than teams who've made the playoffs and even won the SB like KC with Mahomes and Kelce.
You cannot pay Dak and CD 94 mil and use FA to to build the roster. It does not work that way.

How did you miss that KC refused to pay their WR top of the market money? And that they've gone D, and have won the last 2 super bowls on the strength of their D? And that Mahomes deliberately took a longer contract so the team could work w/ the money? Geeeezzz, pay attention. Polar opposite scenarios.

chicago JK

Reaction score
I don't think the #1 for the O-line is right, but the rest is spot on. The offensive line may or may not be great now, but with two young players you had to expect some bumps. A lot of teams are in similar situations with their offensive line. The hope is they continue to get better.

The RB and the DT issues were apparent to anyone with eyes. Mazi may not be an NFL player and to count on him going into the season is malpractice. To go with both positions like this into the season was DOA. Dallas could have easily found stop gaps without breaking the bank who were better than they guys they settled for. I can't believe they thought those position groups were ok going into the season. Those are two non moves that would get a normal gm fired if the owner did a deep dive throughout the season. Obviously won't happen here.

nalam

The realist
Reaction score
Dude, you really have to stop drinking the Kool-Aid narrative that this team can't do anything because of Dak and Ceedee. They absolutely can. They could easily field a SB roster if they'd take some risks instead of arrogantly only relying in their draft classes and doing nothing in FA. The salary cap will go up next year and significantly the year after based on current projections and Dak and CeeDee's contracts won't be any higher % wise of the cap than teams who've made the playoffs and even won the SB like KC with Mahomes and Kelce.
Your interpretation of drinking koolaid is very different from most of the Zoners. LOL,

See it’s the attitude difference in players once they get paid, so far record of players Dallas has paid lately leave lot to be desired, ex D law , Steele, Diggs now Dak and CD .

TexasBacon

Reaction score
Your interpretation of drinking koolaid is very different from most of the Zoners. LOL,

See it’s the attitude difference in players once they get paid, so far record of players Dallas has paid lately leave lot to be desired, ex D law , Steele, Diggs now Dak and CD .
Lol, that's the truth. I just think pointing to Dak's contract is the easy, and frankly lazy thing to do when we lose, and the reality is his play is about the last of our problems. I don't know if it's reasonable to expect him to overcome two rookies struggling on the line, Zack apparently starting to decline, in the Baltimore game Tyler Smith picking a bad time to have a bad game, Steele being bad, having no running backs worth anything other than maybe Rico, his receivers rarely getting any separation (CeeDee is not in game shape; watch the all-22, he struggles to get separation later in the games especially unless he is schemed open), and the entire defense just being atrocious. I mean, that's literally almost the entire roster short of Ferguson and special teams.

I think there have definitely been some bad contracts... Steele is looking like one, Zeke was one, Jaylon was one, but I also think it's disingenuous to say every single player just quits after they get a contract. Sure, Diggs got hurt but he didn't quit. I will fight anyone over Tank, he plays his butt off every game and people just want to point to his sack totals to say he wasn't worth the money, which is nowhere close to true to me. Professional athletes work their entire lives to get to where they are, I don't think that competitive fire just magically dissipates once they get paid. I know we're all frustrated and want to blame someone, but I think the majority of that blame rests with Jerry, who knowingly let us go into the season with all of these holes.

Last edited:

stinkface

Reaction score
That was last year.
Agree. Thus far our offense is MIA. I don't really count the last quarter of the last game. Ravens decided to sit back in a soft zone and Dak made them pay. People point out how good the Browns defense is. We'll the Browns D is as bad as ours this year.

Maybe Zimmers scheme requires more time to absorb, or it's a talent issue, or both. Time will tell if we are contenders or pretenders.

John813

Reaction score
Numbers 2-4 are the exact reasons why I never got any hype on this season.
They ran it back, actually worse, and expected fans to buy in.

conner01

Reaction score
I guess you can't see what's being built here.
That I get. I’m not upset over oline. You starting 2 rookies and a vet at the end of his career. I see what they are building there.
But we did nothing to help at DT or RB. Osa is playing way too many snaps because we don’t have anyone behind him. Everyone knew Zeke was done. Had we fixed those 2 things I’d be a bit less infuriated at the front office. I get the youth on the oline I don’t get not addressing RB when you knew you were gonna be starting rookies. Not addressing DT when you knew **** wasn’t more than depth and you had no one else

conner01

Reaction score
Agree. Thus far our offense is MIA. I don't really count the last quarter of the last game. Ravens decided to sit back in a soft zone and Dak made them pay. People point out how good the Browns defense is. We'll the Browns D is as bad as ours this year.

Maybe Zimmers scheme requires more time to absorb, or it's a talent issue, or both. Time will tell if we are contenders or pretenders.
When his scheme was best he had quality DT’s. The idea of bring up the LB is to help the DT get an advantage but we don’t have but one DT who could play for any other team and he’s playing the whole game nearly which makes a DT ineffective

kskboys

Reaction score
Just not true.