The Cowboys gave 90 million to a RB ranked 27th

KMY_Amber

Reaction score
LMAO at all the comments in here about how Zeke is overpaid when SO MANY in this forum said Dak was nothing without Zeke so the Cowboys HAD to have Zeke to have any chance at a successful offense (and you know who you are :cool: ). Many were convinced that JJ simply had to pay Zeke, because without him, the offense would seize, Dak would get "exposed", and the Cowboys would tank.

Now, midseason, since hindsight is 20/20 (Zeke and the o-line look consistently over-matched and overrated, and Dak is playing like a top 10 QB on the rise), now the outcry is that JJ made a mistake, over-reached, overpaid, and now the Cowboys are saddled with a RB who's not only lost a step but lost his passion and mojo as well.
:lmao::lmao2:

Sure, looking BACK, it's easy to complain about the decision to pay Zeke, but so many fans were all-in back in September, because, remember, Dak's max potential was a Alex Smith-like game manager.

:facepalm:

Of course if they didn't sign Zeke and then Dak struggles, all we'd here about is how JJ made the worst decision letting Zeke walk because now the Cowboys have no offense, saddled with a mere "game manager" of a QB.

You guys are such smart football minds, or are you just clairvoyant? :rolleyes:

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
LMAO at all the comments in here about how Zeke is overpaid when SO MANY in this forum said Dak was nothing without Zeke so the Cowboys HAD to have Zeke to have any chance at a successful offense (and you know who you are :cool: ). Many were convinced that JJ simply had to pay Zeke, because without him, the offense would seize, Dak would get "exposed", and the Cowboys would tank.

Now, midseason, since hindsight is 20/20 (Zeke and the o-line look consistently over-matched and overrated, and Dak is playing like a top 10 QB on the rise), now the outcry is that JJ made a mistake, over-reached, overpaid, and now the Cowboys are saddled with a RB who's not only lost a step but lost his passion and mojo as well.
:lmao::lmao2:

Sure, looking BACK, it's easy to complain about the decision to pay Zeke, but so many fans were all-in back in September, because, remember, Dak's max potential was a Alex Smith-like game manager.

:facepalm:

Of course if they didn't sign Zeke and then Dak struggles, all we'd here about is how JJ made the worst decision letting Zeke walk because now the Cowboys have no offense, saddled with a mere "game manager" of a QB.

You guys are such smart football minds, or are you just clairvoyant? :rolleyes:

KMY do the lords work and pull up those threads after we extended him.

erod

Reaction score
He is overpaid for how Garrett uses him. Turn him loose as a competent coach would and Zeke would be as good at RB as Amari is at WR.

For 3 scratch yards on every first down, Garrett just needs a body.
Turn him loose?

Does he need another coach to tell him it's OK to break tackles?

Wow.

KMY_Amber

Reaction score
KMY do the lords work and pull up those threads after we extended him.

They mysteriously won't let us bump old threads, QCE, or I definitely would....to see just who was all over Zeke's jock (Best RB in the league! Pay the man, else we're doomed! Dak's barely serviceable!) and now Zeke's slow, fat and overpaid (Told ya! Never should have paid him that money! Dak should throw more!). :rolleyes:

Blackspider214

Reaction score
Can we all just agree the offensive line has greatly underperformed this year and it's effected both our running and passing games. Furthermore, in passing the ball more, we seem to have gone to a very vanilla rushing attack. I think we literally ran 4 different runs on Sunday. Not to mention the fact that several defensive players have now come out and said in simple terms that they knew exactly when we were running. Given that last point, it's honestly remarkable how well Zeke has done.

I mean the Vikings ran the same 3 plays seemingly the entire game and embarrassed this defense.

Vegas_Cowboy

Reaction score
I tried to tell people that RBs are easily replaced when Zeke was sipping on Margaritas in Cabo. But I was told that Zeke is elite and couldn't be replaced.

JJHLH1

Reaction score
And he had 3 consecutive 100+ yard games before the Vikings game, 2 of which were against top 5 run defenses. Why is it that is meaningless, and the bad game is significant?

That’s a fair point. Maybe I’m being unfairly hard on Zeke. He was good in the big game against Philly in particular. I guess I just expected more from Zeke with Linval Joseph not playing for Minnesota.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That’s a fair point. Maybe I’m being unfairly hard on Zeke. He was good in the big game against Philly in particular. I guess I just expected more from Zeke with Linval Joseph not playing for Minnesota.
I certainly get the concern, and it's sometimes easy to let our thoughts be colored too heavily by what happens in an individual game, but the bigger picture is the fair look - how it goes over time.

JJHLH1

Reaction score
I certainly get the concern, and it's sometimes easy to let our thoughts be colored too heavily by what happens in an individual game, but the bigger picture is the fair look - how it goes over time.

I agree.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
In broken tackles out of 32 in the league. What happened to this guy? He looked amazing as a rookie and has regressed ever since. He has no burst and can’t make people miss AT ALL. Anyone else think he plays like Jerome Bettis already?

#Hate