The Cowboys gave 90 million to a RB ranked 27th

ESisback

Reaction score
I think Zeke could be much more effective if they varied the attack. Run uptempo, multiple back sets. Put Zeke and Pollard on the field with two TEs, or with a FB and a TE. Quick pitches, misdirection, bam bam bam! Keep defenses on their heels, wear them out. Use that “world class” OL!

johneric8

Reaction score
In broken tackles out of 32 in the league. What happened to this guy? He looked amazing as a rookie and has regressed ever since. He has no burst and can’t make people miss AT ALL. Anyone else think he plays like Jerome Bettis already?
Nope, the cowboys gave 90 million to a great running back whom no longer has the desire to work hard and live up to his pay. Typical of many athletes whom lose motivation once they cash that check. Zeke is a fraud.

TRUTH87

Cowboy for Life
Reaction score
he’s not the same player he was in 2016. it’s sad to see his highlights from that year to now. he clearly got bigger and slower.

2016 zeke hurdles or jukes one man in open field. 2019 zeke? probably lowers his head and looks for contact. yeah maybe the Oline has sucked but just looking at zeke physically, he’s not the same.

Flamma

Reaction score
In broken tackles out of 32 in the league. What happened to this guy? He looked amazing as a rookie and has regressed ever since. He has no burst and can’t make people miss AT ALL. Anyone else think he plays like Jerome Bettis already?

Just going by the game against the Vikings it's more scheme than anything else. If you're going to run from shotgun then there is no need for a RB like Elliott. Completely different from how they ran against the Eagles and Giants. Some of the other games the Cowboys fell too far behind to do too much running.

Verdict

Reaction score
The way we insist on using Zeke, I am surprised he does as well as he does. They might as well get on the PA and announce Zeke is running in gap “A” right before the play and then insist on running him through that gap. In fact that might be a better situation than what we are doing because at least then the defense might accidentally think hey they are trying to trick us, no one is that stupid to tell the world before they do it.

Verdict

Reaction score
Exactly, why I can't ever understand the absolute retards who say "it's not your money fools!!".

Yes. The guys who don’t pay attention to the cap implications are complete simpletons.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
that was a good one !:lmao2:
The jones boys caved and now here we are we have a RB that likes to trade jerseys with other players on teams that beat dallas, and has the atrocious nose rings! :angry:
He is still # 1 in partying during the week though, so there is that, he may make all pro in that area.
There's nothing I like about Elliott. You have the best downhill runner in the league. And he goes sideways. Yeah keep feeding me so I can get slower

silvrNblue

Reaction score
Everyone was cool with him after 3 straight 100+ yard days, and now the sky is falling. I'm on the edge of my seat waiting for the story next week. .
100+ yard games against sorry *** defense's... some of us pay attention.

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
Oh now sorry *** defense’s matter, but when Dak went off against the Giants and Commanders, he was “the best QB in the league”....

Tell me more about how Philly has a sorry *** run-defense tho

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The Jets have the 2nd best run defense in the NFL, and the Eagles have the 4th best. The Jets held Saquon Barkly to 1 yard on 13 attempts. Before Zeke ran for 100 yards on the Eagles, the Eagles hadn't previously allowed a 100 running back in 11 straight games - since Zeke had 100 yards on them last year.

Apparently you are better at being a jerk than paying attention.

Last edited:

Hook'em#11

Reaction score
and if we didn't pay him, and were losing, you would be *****ing that Jones was cheap and screwing the team

Nope, not one bit. I saw the signs that past 2 years he wasn't what he was.

I would not fault the Front Office for not signing him to that deal. Not worth it.

I have enough crap to piss and moan about when it comes to this Front Office. LOL.

silvrNblue

Reaction score
The Jets have the 2nd best run defense in the NFL, and the Eagles have the 4th best. The Jets held Saquaon Barkly to 1 yard on 13 attempts. Before Zeke ran for 100 yards on the Eagles, the Eagles hadn't previously allowed a 100 running back since Zeke had 100 yards on them last year.

Apparently you are better at being a jerk than paying attention.
It's apparent just whom here is a bigger jerk... I'll leave it there for ya...

silvrNblue

Reaction score
Oh now sorry *** defense’s matter, but when Dak went off against the Giants and Commanders, he was “the best QB in the league”....

Tell me more about how Philly has a sorry *** run-defense tho
Don't know I EVER made that comment on here, may have beat back some of the low turds bashing Dak, but never said he is the "best" QB. As for the egirls, if they are such a grand run stopper, it sure didn't show up in Dallas with Zeke getting 140 on the ground now did it? IMO, they didn't game plan to STOP him, it was more about shutting down Dak and his arm....there's more, but I won't bore you with the details...

Silly

Reaction score
I think the Bettis comparison is more of a reflection of styles instead of insult (or at least I hope it isn't an insult)

I think Bettis would have made the 2 yards. He would have carried 4 vikes on his back into the endzone for a TD!

silvrNblue

Reaction score
lol - I guess you didn't like having your arrogant attitude shot down like that.
ROFL you calling ANYONE arrogant here is laughable at best, and just ignorant at another level... keep trying though.

JJHLH1

Reaction score
The Rams playoff game should have been a clue that Zeke has started to decline already. I think Zeke knew it too which is why he held out. Unfortunately his tactic worked. Signing him to a huge contract was a major mistake.

And yet we still haven’t signed our two best players. It makes no sense.