The Cowboys investment at linebacker will pay off for years to come

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Will not be shocked if Overshown fizzles out early from injuries. Kid definitely has talent though.
It was cool seeing him always around the ball and forcing plays to the sideline.
But that injury....i hope it heals and just a freak accident. He plays hard i hope hus body can handle it. Talanted indeed.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
I would have taken the Cowboys more seriously if they didnt take a 5th Round Projection LB in the Third while having the best LB in the Draft (Wilson) still on the board, that was injury prone in HS and early College but played 12 games last year without seeming to be impacted. Won LB and Defender of the year
Post of the day contender here.

Verdict

Reaction score
A team that is bad stopping the run has no business drafting Liufau. Everything about this pick bothered me then and it still bothers me now. He’s great against the pass but awful against the run. We already had that guy in Bell. There was so much talent on the board at pick 87 this reach really irks me. Then I find out San Fran offered a trade to drop back 7 spots and we turned it down. That extra pick could have been used to grab a RB. Did they think someone would take Marist in the next 7 picks? No one else had him that high. Heck they didn’t even have him that high. They just knew they didn’t have another pick til late 5. Why not make the trade with San Fran? It’s mind boggling.
I hadn’t heard about the trade down offer. Do you have any details on that.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
That's my point.....it's all just speculation and the fact that at least 4 or more of our players are post surgery it's even harder to speculate.
What’s wrong with speculating with hope? Novel concept for you I know but you should try it. You wouldn’t be so grouchy all the time.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
A team that is bad stopping the run has no business drafting Liufau. Everything about this pick bothered me then and it still bothers me now. He’s great against the pass but awful against the run. We already had that guy in Bell. There was so much talent on the board at pick 87 this reach really irks me. Then I find out San Fran offered a trade to drop back 7 spots and we turned it down. That extra pick could have been used to grab a RB. Did they think someone would take Marist in the next 7 picks? No one else had him that high. Heck they didn’t even have him that high. They just knew they didn’t have another pick til late 5. Why not make the trade with San Fran? It’s mind boggling.
Lol a CZ fan thinking they know more than Will McClay. Shocker.

shabazz

Reaction score
What’s wrong with speculating with hope? Novel concept for you I know but you should try it. You wouldn’t be so grouchy all the time.
Speculate with facts and evidence, not hope.

Hope isn't a plan......

The writer the OP mentioned is stating speculation as if it's a fact.....he should have used " could" or "might" instead of WILL

Try reading the article for a change

Last edited:

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I hadn’t heard about the trade down offer. Do you have any details on that.
There were multiple teams the Cowboys were talking too. They declined them all in fear of missing out on Liufau. He was higher on their board when they were on the clock than any RB's also.

I had all that stuff pulled up the week after the draft but have since closed everything. I posted all that information in here. I couldn't tell you which specific threads they were but there are in here somewhere. If I come across anything I'll PM you.

Verdict

Reaction score
There were multiple teams the Cowboys were talking too. They declined them all in fear of missing out on Liufau. He was higher on their board when they were on the clock than any RB's also.

I had all that stuff pulled up the week after the draft but have since closed everything. I posted all that information in here. I couldn't tell you which specific threads they were but there are in here somewhere. If I come across anything I'll PM you.
Do you know where the Cowboys had each player they drafted on their board?

gtb1943

Reaction score

BP always said why ignore your board that you put so much effort into it.

Carter

Reaction score
He wasn't. You didn't like the pick. Maybe the Cowboys see something you don't.
Send me one Projection from any Draft and NFL Expert that hat Liufau in the range the Cowboys picked.

He was a 5-6 th Round Pick in basically every projection ive seen:

https://www.nfldraftbuzz.com/Player/Marist-Liufau-LB-NotreDame
-> 5th

-> 6th

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/marist-liufau/32004c49-5509-8197-2b25-ee72cdcbe615
-> Zierlein -> 5th

Brugler
-> 15th Ranked (!) LB.

Kiper
-> 12th Ranked (!) LB