Signed by Cowboys The Cowboys re-signed center Adam Redmond

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Redmond is a solid depth player. They kept him as an extra OL the past 2 years, and he filled in nicely when he needed to play. Can he start full time, who knows, he still needs time, but probably not. This is a good depth signing. Even if he gets beat in TC, good competition. Right now I have him way above board favorite Hyatt. Who I am not impressed with yet.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Redmond is a solid depth player. They kept him as an extra OL the past 2 years, and he filled in nicely when he needed to play. Can he start full time, who knows, he still needs time, but probably not. This is a good depth signing. Even if he gets beat in TC, good competition. Right now I have him way above board favorite Hyatt. Who I am not impressed with yet.
if I had a say..I rather spend more money on a known, rather than an unknown. IE...keeping Looney for another 2 years. I realize we have a cap...but we have a ton of cap money and TO ME, investing in a proven versatile player that has started for us, is paramount. This move may indicate our free agency plans though...someone will have to tell me who MM may be targeting...is it Leary? NOW IF THAT was the case, I can see why we would do this. You get a 2 for 1 basically. Instead of spending more money on keeping Looney, you bring back Leary on a 1 year deal of you can, and re-up Redmond as we did. It does accomplish a depth scenario and gives us flexibility. That's my random thought.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
if I had a say..I rather spend more money on a known, rather than an unknown. IE...keeping Looney for another 2 years. I realize we have a cap...but we have a ton of cap money and TO ME, investing in a proven versatile player that has started for us, is paramount. This move may indicate our free agency plans though...someone will have to tell me who MM may be targeting...is it Leary? NOW IF THAT was the case, I can see why we would do this. You get a 2 for 1 basically. Instead of spending more money on keeping Looney, you bring back Leary on a 1 year deal of you can, and re-up Redmond as we did. It does accomplish a depth scenario and gives us flexibility. That's my random thought.

Still doesn't mean Looney is out of the plan. Maybe they will let him test the FA value, heck maybe we get a 4th round comp pick as well.
But they take care of all the smaller contracts first, then work with Looney.

Rayman70

Reaction score
one thing I gotta credit MM and his staff on already is, playing his cards close to the vest. He has all of us guessing what he will do. All he has said is he wants good football players no matter position. I take him at his word on that. TO ME, that means, he is stacking his board with sound football players and he isn't beholden to anyone. I LIKE IT. Maybe we can bring in some high motor lunch pail dudes up front. We need a ton of them.Right now we got too many pretty boys worried about getting their stats and merch sold. Not enough grunts . Football is easy if u understand how you play the game. ITS THE NASTY BIG BOYS IN THE TRENCHES. Look at the playoff teams last year. Its shows this. If u can move the pocket enough, stop the run enough, and be good enough on special teams to help your offense, you can compete each week. Last year was a complete disaster on all those fronts.

Carson

Reaction score
wouldn't it something is we drafted an OL at 17? lol...Like Andrews from Georgia. That would spell the end of Tyron more than likely.

It’s crazy the depth we can easily have at OL. That would be crazy to see Andrews on the board at 17 lol

Rayman70

Reaction score
It’s crazy the depth we can easily have at OL. That would be crazy to see Andrews on the board at 17 lol
it would, but each year there is always that 1 stud olineman that falls. Andrews wouldn't make me mad at all at 17. We can come back at 51 and get a safety or DT..starting caliber as well.

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
Championship. He’s overmatched no matter who he’s up against. I’m about done with this sorry azz team.

Realistically you do need these bottom of the depth chart guys in case of injuries. Not sure why people care.

Kaiser

Reaction score

The NFL only counts a small portion of Redmond's salary against the cap at this point. Under the "Rule of 51" they only count the top 51 salaries so the actual impact of this signing is maybe 200K or so against the cap. With a salary cap of 200 Million, its a very low cost way to bring a guy to camp who IMO sucks, but at least has experience in the system. There is no real downside to this move.

Jumbo075

Reaction score
With Redmond re-signed and Connor McGovern now healthy, it's probably safe to assume the Cowboys aren't going to bring back Joe Looney.

Looney played well enough in 2018 to earn himself a starter job for some NFL team. He would be foolish to resign with the Cowboys.

MWH1967

The Cook
Reaction score
when looking for worms you have to turn over stones.. relax. You guys are nuts....:laugh: