The Cowboys should rest Dak until the playoffs

lk8701

Reaction score
It's obvious he has a grade 2 calf strain like Gallup had but he came back too early. Grade Calf Strain 2: A moderate strain where more muscle fibers are torn but there is not a complete rupture. This usually takes 4-8 weeks for recovery and the individual can feel significant pain and loss of normal function of the calf muscle due to pain. He needs to sit out and let the calf fully heal. I think playing through it is slowing down the recovery process. His mechanics are off because of his calf and it's starting to impact him mentally. Before the injury he was playing like a top 5 QB and arguably the MVP front runner now he looks on par or maybe even worse than Cooper Rush. I think Rush can beat the Giants next week and the Cowboys should then also rest Zeke and anyone else with nagging injuries. Anybody arguing Dak is 100% healthy is delusional or just a hater looking for some confirmation bias.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Dak is not the athlete he used to be. That’s horrible news for Dallas and a even bigger joke that they paid him like they did.. But..

Dak’s problems right now have nothing to do with his calf or ankle.

His technique is sloppy and he’s making dumb mistakes because of how slow he is to read defenses.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Why????? He hasn't been listed on the injury report, nor have we heard of any treatment. Dak needs to settle down, fix his issue(s) and get his head in the game. No excuse for some of his struggles. For me, it's kinda like a father believing in his kid. You believe in him but sometimes you have to look him straight in the eye with tough love.......get your damn act together boy. (LOL)

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Dak is not the athlete he used to be. That’s horrible news for Dallas and a even bigger joke that they paid him like they did.. But..

Dak’s problems right now have nothing to do with his calf or ankle.

His technique is sloppy and he’s making dumb mistakes because of how slow he is to read defenses.
Dak was not paid on being a "athlete". He's not Lamar Jackson lol.

ChronicCowboy

Reaction score
Yeah the way he’s backpedaling in the pocket doesn’t look right. That calf is a mess I’m afraid. Unfortunately Dak at 75% isn’t any better than Coop Rush and maybe worse.

Cmac

Reaction score
Nope......they should figure out what is going on with Dak to get him back to playing better. Maybe Dak needs contacts.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
It's obvious he has a grade 2 calf strain like Gallup had but he came back too early. Grade Calf Strain 2: A moderate strain where more muscle fibers are torn but there is not a complete rupture. This usually takes 4-8 weeks for recovery and the individual can feel significant pain and loss of normal function of the calf muscle due to pain. He needs to sit out and let the calf fully heal. I think playing through it is slowing down the recovery process. His mechanics are off because of his calf and it's starting to impact him mentally. Before the injury he was playing like a top 5 QB and arguably the MVP front runner now he looks on par or maybe even worse than Cooper Rush. I think Rush can beat the Giants next week and the Cowboys should then also rest Zeke and anyone else with nagging injuries. Anybody arguing Dak is 100% healthy is delusional or just a hater looking for some confirmation bias.
If Dak or the team aren't using injury as a excuse for his play than I surely am not.

conner01

Reaction score
Why????? He hasn't been listed on the injury report, nor have we heard of any treatment. Dak needs to settle down, fix his issue(s) and get his head in the game. No excuse for some of his struggles. For me, it's kinda like a father believing in his kid. You believe in him but sometimes you have to look him straight in the eye with tough love.......get your damn act together boy. (LOL)
The calf may have led to his struggles but I think it’s more mental that physical at this point
I think you are right, a conversation with MM might go a long way in getting him right
Sitting isn’t the answer at all
Sitting Zeke would matter but can’t sit Zeke with pollard out

links18

Reaction score
Is this a troll post? Whatever is ailing Dak right now is much bigger than his calf.

silvernblu

Reaction score

You may be right. I feel like I saw him hop several times instead of planting off the back foot.

gmb1

Reaction score
Let's pay somebody millions per year and sit him on the bench. Make it make sense :facepalm:

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
The calf may have led to his struggles but I think it’s more mental that physical at this point
I think you are right, a conversation with MM might go a long way in getting him right
Sitting isn’t the answer at all
Sitting Zeke would matter but can’t sit Zeke with pollard out

+1 .....not hard to see he's rushing throws. Hell, he's struggling with some of the simplest passes......

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
+1 .....not hard to see he's rushing throws. Hell, he's struggling with some of the simplest passes......

Yeah really no need to overcomplicate things. Dak isn't seeing the field and rushing through his reads right now. Rest doesnt fix that issue, reps do. He needs a couple back to back games where he feels in rythem. 3 games upcoming against losing teams may be the best recipe.