The Cowboys should rest Dak until the playoffs

blueblood70

Reaction score
It's obvious he has a grade 2 calf strain like Gallup had but he came back too early. Grade Calf Strain 2: A moderate strain where more muscle fibers are torn but there is not a complete rupture. This usually takes 4-8 weeks for recovery and the individual can feel significant pain and loss of normal function of the calf muscle due to pain. He needs to sit out and let the calf fully heal. I think playing through it is slowing down the recovery process. His mechanics are off because of his calf and it's starting to impact him mentally. Before the injury he was playing like a top 5 QB and arguably the MVP front runner now he looks on par or maybe even worse than Cooper Rush. I think Rush can beat the Giants next week and the Cowboys should then also rest Zeke and anyone else with nagging injuries. Anybody arguing Dak is 100% healthy is delusional or just a hater looking for some confirmation bias.
Umm not now NO WAY!

but the last game or two yes and zeke, TY Smithand others but first you lock it all up..next twos games get wins then we can talk rest..

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I saw Aaron Rodgers whoop our butt in December with a calf strain. This is a weak excuse for a top paid quarterback.
I agree its not a viable excuse but i'm not sure if what Rodgers did against our defense is really relevant because i've seen backups whoop our butt lol.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
It's obvious he has a grade 2 calf strain like Gallup had but he came back too early. Grade Calf Strain 2: A moderate strain where more muscle fibers are torn but there is not a complete rupture. This usually takes 4-8 weeks for recovery and the individual can feel significant pain and loss of normal function of the calf muscle due to pain. He needs to sit out and let the calf fully heal. I think playing through it is slowing down the recovery process. His mechanics are off because of his calf and it's starting to impact him mentally. Before the injury he was playing like a top 5 QB and arguably the MVP front runner now he looks on par or maybe even worse than Cooper Rush. I think Rush can beat the Giants next week and the Cowboys should then also rest Zeke and anyone else with nagging injuries. Anybody arguing Dak is 100% healthy is delusional or just a hater looking for some confirmation bias.
I have been saying the exact same thing...we are up 3 games...4 games to go....rest him, get him ready for playoffs and play him in last game of the season....

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Back like in 2016 or 2017.....he's some years far away from that. He's just not a runner. HE was always a guy who COULD run somewhat but never really a runner.

Ok.. Good thing I never said he was a runner then.

But he was a guy who could make plays with his feet even last year.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
I don't think Dak spending the next month on the sidelines, then expecting the offense to just click when the playoffs start, is a realistic plan.

There's more going on here than just Dak, the agenda-driven and people who don't understand football aside, but he's not playing well. The offense needs more work together, not less. They need to find a rhythm again, and soon. Dak has to be part of that.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I don't think Dak spending the next month on the sidelines, then expecting the offense to just click when the playoffs start, is a realistic plan.

There's more going on here than just Dak, the agenda-driven and people who don't understand football aside, but he's not playing well. The offense needs more work together, not less. They need to find a rhythm again, and soon. Dak has to be part of that.

If this offense gets fixed it will be Tony Pollard who does it.

Dak will just benefit from it.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Ok.. Good thing I never said he was a runner then.

But he was a guy who could make plays with his feet even last year.
And he still is lol. He literally won the game yesterday with his "feet". I just don't think he's a runner. And yeah....I get it...you "never" said he was a runner lol. I get it.

Canada180

bannedontherun88
Reaction score
Fantasy team owners would love you ..lol

Reid1boys

Reaction score
sure he does.... it looked obvious on the 2 times he was running that his calf was bothering him..... smh

pitt33

Reaction score
Yeah the way he’s backpedaling in the pocket doesn’t look right. That calf is a mess I’m afraid. Unfortunately Dak at 75% isn’t any better than Coop Rush and maybe worse.
I really believe Rush would play better than this guy right now.

I will almost guarantee it. He would process what’s in front of him better as well.

Cydios

Reaction score
The Bench won't show him how to fight through struggles. He's going to have to figure this out.

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
Back like in 2016 or 2017.....he's some years far away from that. He's just not a runner. HE was always a guy who COULD run somewhat but never really a runner.
He is (was) a guy who was at his best when he went into "backyard ball' mode, which he was inclined to do if the first read wasn't there. Now that he's trying to be a pocket guy he shies away from what actually got him drafted and paid.

So yea, he may not be Lamar, but his athleticism is the reason he got the job.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Dak is not the athlete he used to be. That’s horrible news for Dallas and a even bigger joke that they paid him like they did.. But..

Dak’s problems right now have nothing to do with his calf or ankle.

His technique is sloppy and he’s making dumb mistakes because of how slow he is to read defenses.
his technique is sloppy because of the injury. if you watch the throws over the past few games, its clear that he is not planting the back leg and turning the hip and shoulder on the throws and he one hops or throws by having his weight on front leg through out the throw.... that's very clear and yes, its leading to a lot of bad throws....2018, 2019, 2020, and earlier in 2021 it wasn't an issue. his foot work is really sloppy right now

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
The calf may have led to his struggles but I think it’s more mental that physical at this point
I think you are right, a conversation with MM might go a long way in getting him right
Sitting isn’t the answer at all
Sitting Zeke would matter but can’t sit Zeke with pollard out
I think the physical is leading to the mental issues. he knows he is not right. he is got bad mechanics through the throw, he is unsure of himself and he is trying to press forward through it, which is making it worse...

I think sit him for 3 weeks. let him play the last week.