The Cowboys should rest Dak until the playoffs

lk8701

Reaction score
sure he does.... it looked obvious on the 2 times he was running that his calf was bothering him..... smh

Especially the 1st time. It looked
yes. he hops...watch the throw he made that led to the interception. he lifted his right foot and tried to throw from his left foot, while leaning to the right and made a side arm throw.... it was awful

exactly why can't people see the obvious.

lk8701

Reaction score
Sitting him would do more harm at this point. He's coming off one of his worst games since he started playing in college. It's never just one player but he damned near brought the WFT back by himself.

I do not know the extent of that calf but the Cowboys are known for downplaying any injuries from way back. I did think it bothered him moving to his right and he was throwing high because he was not using his plant foot properly and using his arm too much. He is also not the type player to play the injury card as an excuse.

If it is that calf, chances are it is going to be a problem by the playoffs so the rest will not be as beneficial as him learning to play with it and overcome it.

The team has not given up on homefield and has a game against the team holding that right now. While it is doubtful they would unseat TB, they might get a more favorable matchup than the LAR because McVay loves him some playing the Cowboys.

As long as the team is playing for something, Prescott will not see the bench.

I disagree. Randy Gregory looked excellent after not playing since week 9. He also had a calf strain.

morat1959

Reaction score
Dak is not the athlete he used to be. That’s horrible news for Dallas and a even bigger joke that they paid him like they did.. But..

Dak’s problems right now have nothing to do with his calf or ankle.

His technique is sloppy and he’s making dumb mistakes because of how slow he is to read defenses.
Nailed it!

calicowboy54

Reaction score
Dak is not the athlete he used to be. That’s horrible news for Dallas and a even bigger joke that they paid him like they did.. But..

Dak’s problems right now have nothing to do with his calf or ankle.

His technique is sloppy and he’s making dumb mistakes because of how slow he is to read defenses.

He needs Kitna back in his ear. Sorry but Nussmier is a joke.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
It's obvious he has a grade 2 calf strain like Gallup had but he came back too early. Grade Calf Strain 2: A moderate strain where more muscle fibers are torn but there is not a complete rupture. This usually takes 4-8 weeks for recovery and the individual can feel significant pain and loss of normal function of the calf muscle due to pain. He needs to sit out and let the calf fully heal. I think playing through it is slowing down the recovery process. His mechanics are off because of his calf and it's starting to impact him mentally. Before the injury he was playing like a top 5 QB and arguably the MVP front runner now he looks on par or maybe even worse than Cooper Rush. I think Rush can beat the Giants next week and the Cowboys should then also rest Zeke and anyone else with nagging injuries. Anybody arguing Dak is 100% healthy is delusional or just a hater looking for some confirmation bias.

If he has "significant pain and loss of normal function of the calf muscle due to pain." there would be signs - limping, not being able to run normally (he's not a speedster, 4.8 in the forty at the combine, and that was in shorts from a sprinter's stance, far from how he can run in games).

No such signs.

Dak's always been, and always will be, inconsistent. Nothing new there. And the line is not what it was even a couple of years ago, so he's getting more pressure, which affects any quarterback's throws.

Dak's got a little bit of Romo in him, in that he tries to do too much sometimes. On the pick-6 in the last game, he's got a two td lead and can't really see the receiver, but he throws it anyway, to try and get the ball downfield. Could have run for some yards and punt, let the defense continue to throttle the wft.

He may or may not be able work through that, but it has nothing to do with his calf...

jaythecowboy

Reaction score
Cowboys still have a shot at the 1 seed. No way I would rest Dak. His issues seem more mental to me and he needs to work through them now.