The Cowboys should rest Dak until the playoffs

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Nobody to blame but the front office. Even before he went down last year, Dak wasn't an elite passer and didn't make anyone better in his first 5 years. They panicked and decided to cave in to his contract demands. Now they won't have enough cap room to keep Gregory or Gallup.
Dak's contract has nothing to do with them losing Gregory or Gallup lol. They can re-sign BOTH if they chose to. Y'all love to blame Dak even for our salary cap lol....when this is the same team that made Lawrence, Jaylon, Collins and Zeke the highest paid at their positions lol. Stop it.

mardwin

Reaction score
Dak's contract has nothing to do with them losing Gregory or Gallup lol. They can re-sign BOTH if they chose to. Y'all love to blame Dak even for our salary cap lol....when this is the same team that made Lawrence, Jaylon, Collins and Zeke the highest paid at their positions lol. Stop it.

At $40M+ per season. That's almost 25% of the total cap room for a guy that does make anyone else around him better.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
At $40M+ per season. That's almost 25% of the total cap room for a guy that does make anyone else around him better.
Ok but check out the way his contract is structured....His salary cap hit this year is 20 million.....stop listening to these "talking heads" or these idiots on this site.....there are ways to get under the salary cap...if they want Randy Gregory...unless he gets 100 million or something they have every resource to keep him.

As far as "making players better"....never understood this argument. Who the hell is Brady making better? Becuase Godwin and Evans were better players before Brady got there or at least they were producing at a higher rate. Davante Adams would be a bum without Rodgers? It just makes no sense lol. Brady literally left the Patriots because their personnel sucked and he couldn't "Make them better" I guess lol.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Ya'll gonna have to stop pretending like he's injured to make yourself feel better about his play. Even if he was his calf being sore doesn't excuse the horrible decision making.

The decline of Zeke and the run game goes hand in hand with the decline of Dak Prescott. Us Dak doubters have told ya'll along that Dak is nothing without a dominate run game. This year is proving that when we can't dominate defenses with the run game Dak is a bad QB.

That NFL defensive coach wasn't lying when he flat out said that Dak needs to give some of his money to Zeke because Zeke is what defense focus on.

zenmastersauce

Reaction score
Dak is not the athlete he used to be. That’s horrible news for Dallas and a even bigger joke that they paid him like they did.. But..

Dak’s problems right now have nothing to do with his calf or ankle.

His technique is sloppy and he’s making dumb mistakes because of how slow he is to read defenses.
:rolleyes:

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
Oh I disagree. I think Dak was more of a runner in his early years. I just don't think it stopped because of his "injury" or because of him getting "paid". He's reluctance to run has started long before now. I'd probably go as far as to say 2017....Certainly not in the Kellen Moore era.

And my comment isn't ludicrous. He could evade sacks...it didn't amount to anything. Nothing in the playoffs...nothing in win or go home games...just nothing.
His running slowed way down after he got tuned up a game or two before the 'win or go home game' against Philly in 2019 while running for a first down.

He hurt his shoulder on that play and that injury was used to excuse his horrible performance in that 'win or go home game'.

Romo's "Houdini" like elusiveness wasn't a factor in winning games?

TJ Watt wants a word with you.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Let's pay somebody millions per year and sit him on the bench. Make it make sense :facepalm:

Remember this post as the above day will be a reality by the time he's run out of town....

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
His running slowed way down after he got tuned up a game or two before the 'win or go home game' against Philly in 2019 while running for a first down.

He hurt his shoulder on that play and that injury was used to excuse his horrible performance in that 'win or go home game'.

Romo's "Houdini" like elusiveness wasn't a factor in winning games?

TJ Watt wants a word with you.

What? Dak was hurt before the Philly game...it was the Rams game a week prior lol...you don't remember the whole "Will he play" a whole week in advance of the Eagles game?

His elusiveness didn't result in winning anything. How elusive was he in "win or go home" games or in the playoffs?

And a meaningless game against JJ Watt....alright lol.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Oh what a pleasant surprise.....you're here after a win...shocking....

Oh Dak stunk yesterday...that's why you're here lol.

I'm here the question is will Rayne be under center if he continues to stink it up out there????
160 million and his PR skills will only carry him so far.....

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
What? Dak was hurt before the Philly game...it was the Rams game a week prior lol...you don't remember the whole "Will he play" a whole week in advance of the Eagles game?

His elusiveness didn't result in winning anything. How elusive was he in "win or go home" games or in the playoffs?

And a meaningless game against JJ Watt....alright lol.
What?

That's what I said. He got hurt prior to the Eagles game on a play in which he ran for a first down. I literally said just that. You are very confused, it seems. (Side note: if he is injured this year and it does lead to an early out, that will make three years in a row)

It seems as if you are implying that elusiveness is not a valuable trait for a QB. Is that your take? (How is that phrasing? Better?}