The Cowboys should sign Keenum, and let Dak decide what to do next

LetsBeReal

Reaction score
wait, I thought Zeke was over rated according to many....what he got paid, vs. what he can do are not the same...one is business the other football....

the fact of the matter is that a lot of Winston's yards are garbage yards he collects in the 4th quarter padding his stats, because their team sucks, is always behind and they always have to make comebacks and he plays against prevent defenses. if you followed football you would understand....

younever heard me say zeke is overrated. You’ve never heard me say our o line sucks, or our wr’s suck either. I have said Jason witten sucks, because he does suck. I said cole Beasley sucks also because well he is easily replaceable, as seen.

just let me know when you are ready to explain how our football team will be better if we pay dak $30 extra mill a year to our crap qb. I’ll be waiting

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
no I’m not. I’m saying dak has never won anything and isn’t going to start now that his peers are all better than him
Brady hadn't won anything until he did...Roth didn't win anything until he did. Brees didn't win anything in college or pros for a long time, until he did, Mahomes didn't win anything in college until this year he won the superbowl...Peyton Manning didn't win a bowl game in college.....took him a while to win in the NFL, so he didn't win anything until he did.

so if we go by your logic, any QB who doesn't win anything in college is going to be a bad NFL QB...

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
younever heard me say zeke is overrated. You’ve never heard me say our o line sucks, or our wr’s suck either. I have said Jason witten sucks, because he does suck. I said cole Beasley sucks also because well he is easily replaceable, as seen.

just let me know when you are ready to explain how our football team will be better if we pay dak $30 extra mill a year to our crap qb. I’ll be waiting
people on this board said Zeke is over rated.....

and you say cole Beasley sucks...so Dak didn't have the WR weapons, we know once he got Cooper, he has been passing at an elite level....we know how tom brady did when he lost gronk….he lost a home game, with a top 5 defense and running game....hmmm

ItzKelz

Reaction score
The Cowboys should get Case Keenum and give him a four year deal.
He would be an upgrade immediately, and at worst would solidify the Cowboys at quarterback if they do eventually sign Dak.
Phillip Rivers is also available, and is an upgrade.
Ryan Tannehill is available.
The Cowboys don't have to be in this soap opera with a guy who went 8-8 but wants to be paid like he is a proven winner.
Signing a veteran like Keenum- who has been a winner- would likely change Dak's attitude towards a new contract.
But I believe that the Cowboys would make it to the NFC Championship game next year with a guy like Keenum under center.
Keenum? That is like threatening a shark that you're going to drown him....

LetsBeReal

Reaction score
people on this board said Zeke is over rated.....

and you say cole Beasley sucks...so Dak didn't have the WR weapons, we know once he got Cooper, he has been passing at an elite level....we know how tom brady did when he lost gronk….he lost a home game, with a top 5 defense and running game....hmmm

Lol passing at an “elite level.” Keep judging those stats while teams keep playing against the player bro. Not sure what tapes you been watching but dak can’t do anything in the red zone. His stats are all between the 20’s. Brady is 100 years old, won a super bowl last season and won 5 before that......If I’m wrong, let me know which game you are referencing and where I’m wrong that proves he should be paid $30 a year. I can show you where Russ Wilson, Rogers, Brady, wentz, Watson, mahomes, Goff etc all have shown why they are worth $30 a year. So please do, show me why dakota rayne should be paid $30m per year and explain how that $28m raise you want him to have, would make our team better, kind sir.

Kwyn

Reaction score
The Cowboys should get Case Keenum and give him a four year deal.
He would be an upgrade immediately.

I’ll just leave that quote there and let it marinate. In a few hours and it will start to look ripe. By the end of the day, you’ll have to hold your nose.

LetsBeReal

Reaction score
I click on these threads because I'm honestly curious how dumb they can get. By June they won't even be in english.

The way this is going, by June, dak fans will say dak can speak 5 different languages and has taught mike McCarthy how to coach football the way it should be coached “ according to dak.”

I’ve never seen an athlete that has never done anything at all in his entire documented football life, get more love than this bum qb. Its fn crazy!!!!! and In a weird way, I’m kinda rooting for it to play out.

LetsBeReal

Reaction score
Brady hadn't won anything until he did...Roth didn't win anything until he did. Brees didn't win anything in college or pros for a long time, until he did, Mahomes didn't win anything in college until this year he won the superbowl...Peyton Manning didn't win a bowl game in college.....took him a while to win in the NFL, so he didn't win anything until he did.

so if we go by your logic, any QB who doesn't win anything in college is going to be a bad NFL QB...

brady won in his first year and these conversations weren’t happening for obvious reasons. The only obvious reason dak has are to not pay him

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
again, 4th time, I said dak has never won anything important. He was prob the best player on his high school team and didn’t win sh. He was a better player on his college team and didn’t win sh.....he is one of the worst player in the pro’s and hasn’t won sh. But wants to be paid like he has earned something.

I’d like to win the lottery but sometimes people need to go to work and earn things. And this is one of those times.
He was given 4 years of 1st rounders and every year they are all pointing fingers and firing coaches while Jerry sells dak jerseys to the blind. Jerry should name his yacht Dakota Rayne instead of bravo whatever for fooling the fans. But now we have to watch Jerry step out of his own poo he sold Stevie wonder
You keep saying that as if I a disputing that you said Dak hasn't won anything important. I haven't, so you aren't making any point by continuing to repeat that.

The point I am disputing is your conclusion that having not won the biggest prizes in high school and college somehow means he is incapable of winning anything in the pros, and that you are ignoring facts and history and using double standards to reach that conclusion.

kskboys

Reaction score
You keep saying that as if I a disputing that you said Dak hasn't won anything important. I haven't, so you aren't making any point by continuing to repeat that.

The point I am disputing is your conclusion that having not won the biggest prizes in high school and college somehow means he is incapable of winning anything in the pros, and that you are ignoring facts and history and using double standards to reach that conclusion.
Elway was 3-8 his last year in college.

Cattle_Rancher

Reaction score
I have come to the firm conclusion that we could have Brady, Brees, Payton or Rogers in their prime and there would still be people hating. To say Case is better than Dak should earn you a lifetime ban. It was before all these websites but I bet we had people who hated Troy and Roger back in the day.

Leedscowboy

Reaction score
Or he got drafted to a crap team and also lacks talent himself......

I don’t think anybody would argue keenum as a highly talented football player but I think a lot of cowboy fans recognize he is a smart football player that maximizes his talent (the main reason his career will be longer than daks)

Yeah Backups last longer, he got beat out as the Skins QB by Haskins.