The Cowboys should sign Keenum, and let Dak decide what to do next

LetsBeReal

Reaction score
Again, are you under the impression every quality NFL QB won their state championship? Face it, you are applying a standard to Dak that you aren't applying to other QB's.

no I’m not. I’m saying dak has never won anything and isn’t going to start now that his peers are all better than him

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
btw, Eli didn’t go to state. And nobody questions Eli’s football iq
You're right - Eli went to Mississippi, but the same question applies. You are saying that not winning championships in college means you can't win in the pros, but, again, you are only applying that standard to Dak and not to other QBs - same as you are with the comments about winning in high school. You are blatantly using different standards for Dak than every other QB.

blueblood70

Reaction score
yes, its a gamble. but a gamble that has a higher probability of paying off than wasting 15-20 mill a year on a QB that we know can not win. its about your odds. Dak has been on a talented team and he has won...the limitations as we all argued to no end has been the coaching. I have been a Dak critic (I never slobbered and neither was I ever a hater). I pointed to his flaws and wanted to see improvements in his game. he has done that every year. is he elite? no, there are only a few elite QBs in the league.....

I fully expected the results we saw this season. a lame duck coach. who couldn't hire any coaches he wanted. a meddling GM. what else did you expect to happen? there was so much uncertainty to begin the season and it was part of everything that happened this year. we can not pull full blame on Dak, given the coaching situation, with Garrett (do we need to go there) and a first year OC who got schooled a few times. we lost games due to stupid coaching decisions....at least 4 that I can count.

and Dak has shown he can beat good teams and come back. I always argued that most NFL games go into the 4th quarter within a score or chance of a team wining it. the coaching makes all the difference in the 4th quarter to put the players in position to win...this past year we didn't. how many times did we come on this board after a game we lost and cursed at Garrett and wanted him fired...

the point being, we can give him a contract that would allow us to get out of it in 3 years...lets see how the new regime does, because we can't bring in a lame duck QB, that will guarantee us a couple of craappy seasons...and then go searching for a QB, hoping to hit on one....to me that has much lower odds of us winning, than signing Dak.

two years ago, Cousins got a huge contract....now it doesn't look so large....Carr got a huge deal and now it looks very reasonable...two years from now Dak's contract will look average...its the way the NFL QB market is and will be for some time...
couisns, Carr, goff, Wenz etc are examples to NOT pay Dak as much, make him earn it with incentives.. Owners at some point have to wake up and stop overpaying for average to above average qbs..those are red flag mistakes...you want tp pay him give him 30 with 90mil guaranteed, hes set up for life add in 5mil in incentives not attained by stats but if you make the payoffs 500k bonus, a playoff win 500k bonus, second round win 1mil bonus, NFCCG win 1mil, and sb appearance and sb win 2mil bonus..thats 35 that year..why not? employers offer bonus's attached to earnings etc get a ton of salary earned off this type of incentive plan, you show them with actual success you are who they thought they hired and you get paid..if not you get your base salary which umm 90million sets a player up FOR LIFE invested properly..its nothing to be ashamed of or feel disrespected..F the market you show me the Playoff wins and I show you the rest of your $$$demands..

it funny when RBs are discussed these same points are made dont pay them, they will break down or slow down and are just volume backs and anyone can do it LMAO etc yet they are making nearly 2,.5times less then a QB that really have the same issues and risk..FN qbs been getting hurt every year, more protected and still getting banged up, 3 years after you pay them you start having regrets etc etc at least Zeke as the only top 10 new RB money that stayed relative top 4 and close to 3 this year but got ripped apart by fans.. we already see warts all over Dak and KNOW for fact that hes not in the 35mil class of QBs yet hes demanding that..

its the same risk no matter the player or position..trying to get him cheaper is not sin..

if it were easy he would have got paid past year..even the DC FO have some questions they are a bit apprehensive to just hand dak the money..

LetsBeReal

Reaction score
You're right - Eli went to Mississippi, but the same question applies. You are saying that not winning championships in college means you can't win in the pros, but, again, you are only applying that standard to Dak and not to other QBs - same as you are with the comments about winning in high school. You are blatantly using different standards for Dak than every other QB.

again for the 3rd time no, I did not say that. I said dak has never won anything important.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
no I’m not. I’m saying dak has never won anything and isn’t going to start now that his peers are all better than him
So, why doesn't that apply to every other QB? lol. You are saying a QB that didn't win the state championship or win the biggest games in college can't win in the NFL, but you only apply that standard to Dak. That actually IS applying standards differently. Blatantly so.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
again for the 3rd time no, I did not say that. I said dak has never won anything important.
And, your conclusion from that was that you "guarantee he won't win in the pros", so yes, you did say that.

You seem to have a habit if writing things then immediately denying them when called on it.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Lol.....wth man? Come on dude

the insistence is that’s how the team is built and we aren’t guessing at any position besides the position we haven’t upgraded, spent money on,etc.......I got a question for you, what else does it take for dak to get it done? Does him making a lot more money get it done? What is it that you want me to see that dak brings to the table at $800k that should make me feel better about him making $28million dollars? I don’t give who the qb is so make me a believer. As far as I’m concerned he’s had 4 years on the field training and is not even close.

Can you find the one position the cowboys haven’t tried to make better?
btw, did you know TB took only 38% of their snaps from under center in 2018....

and this team is not build to take snaps from under center.....not sure how you came to that asinine conclusion....

it takes a good coaching, good game manager for Dak to get it done. QBs get paid one way or the other. one thing that's 100% guaranteed, no 150% guaranteed, if Winston is on the cowboys, we will never reach the superbowl. in fact Winston doesn't have it in him to get there. he is craappy QB. so paying less and getting nothing is what it ends up. if that's your goal, then I can understand your line of argument.

and Dak has improved year to year. I have been critical of him. but I would categorize you as a Dak hater....its not about what he has done. what he is able to do. you just hate Dak and nothing you have argued makes any sense. what has Winston done to deserve 20 Mill? except for losing and getting in trouble

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
My apologies sir, being that this is a football forum sometimes I just think I’m taking to men that use common sense.
How would you go about improving our foootball team when we give the same qb we’ve had a $30m raise? With Late round draft picks?
well, lets see you grow up first and then come talking to men..

what has Winston done to deserve a 15 million dollar raise? except for losing. he has had resources available to him including a very offensive minded highly respected coach.

kskboys

Reaction score
Can he beat good teams? I know he can beat a good team here and there if they get an early turnover or something like that.......but did you see something I didn’t see this year cause we didn’t beat any good teams besides the game philly gave us when they came to Dallas and fumbled on opening drive and then started around the 10 yard line (neither of which dak had any part of)........actually when the cowboys get a 10-0 lead on any team in the nfl with this rb and o line, I personally believe a lot of local high school qb’s could have won 8 games this past
season. No lie........Daks best game game this year was bathe Vikings and we lost that!!!!

Oh, the good teams argument. Ok, let's look:

2019: Philly, LARams
2018: SEA, NO, Philly, Philly,

Not really true.

LetsBeReal

Reaction score
So, why doesn't that apply to every other QB? lol. You are saying a QB that didn't win the state championship or win the biggest games in college can't win in the NFL, but you only apply that standard to Dak. That actually IS applying standards differently. Blatantly so.

again, 4th time, I said dak has never won anything important. He was prob the best player on his high school team and didn’t win sh. He was a better player on his college team and didn’t win sh.....he is one of the worst player in the pro’s and hasn’t won sh. But wants to be paid like he has earned something.

I’d like to win the lottery but sometimes people need to go to work and earn things. And this is one of those times.
He was given 4 years of 1st rounders and every year they are all pointing fingers and firing coaches while Jerry sells dak jerseys to the blind. Jerry should name his yacht Dakota Rayne instead of bravo whatever for fooling the fans. But now we have to watch Jerry step out of his own poo he sold Stevie wonder

LetsBeReal

Reaction score

Not really true.

I wonder why your boy doesn’t have a contract. He is prob too good for one huh?

LetsBeReal

Reaction score
btw, did you know TB took only 38% of their snaps from under center in 2018....

and this team is not build to take snaps from under center.....not sure how you came to that asinine conclusion....

it takes a good coaching, good game manager for Dak to get it done. QBs get paid one way or the other. one thing that's 100% guaranteed, no 150% guaranteed, if Winston is on the cowboys, we will never reach the superbowl. in fact Winston doesn't have it in him to get there. he is craappy QB. so paying less and getting nothing is what it ends up. if that's your goal, then I can understand your line of argument.

and Dak has improved year to year. I have been critical of him. but I would categorize you as a Dak hater....its not about what he has done. what he is able to do. you just hate Dak and nothing you have argued makes any sense. what has Winston done to deserve 20 Mill? except for losing and getting in trouble

yea tb doesn’t have zeke or an o line they’ve spent 10 years building. Let’s switch the two qbs and see which one last the longest......I’d be down for that

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
couisns, Carr, goff, Wenz etc are examples to NOT pay Dak as much, make him earn it with incentives.. Owners at some point have to wake up and stop overpaying for average to above average qbs..those are red flag mistakes...you want tp pay him give him 30 with 90mil guaranteed, hes set up for life add in 5mil in incentives not attained by stats but if you make the payoffs 500k bonus, a playoff win 500k bonus, second round win 1mil bonus, NFCCG win 1mil, and sb appearance and sb win 2mil bonus..thats 35 that year..why not? employers offer bonus's attached to earnings etc get a ton of salary earned off this type of incentive plan, you show them with actual success you are who they thought they hired and you get paid..if not you get your base salary which umm 90million sets a player up FOR LIFE invested properly..its nothing to be ashamed of or feel disrespected..F the market you show me the Playoff wins and I show you the rest of your $$$demands..

it funny when RBs are discussed these same points are made dont pay them, they will break down or slow down and are just volume backs and anyone can do it LMAO etc yet they are making nearly 2,.5times less then a QB that really have the same issues and risk..FN qbs been getting hurt every year, more protected and still getting banged up, 3 years after you pay them you start having regrets etc etc at least Zeke as the only top 10 new RB money that stayed relative top 4 and close to 3 this year but got ripped apart by fans.. we already see warts all over Dak and KNOW for fact that hes not in the 35mil class of QBs yet hes demanding that..

its the same risk no matter the player or position..trying to get him cheaper is not sin..

if it were easy he would have got paid past year..even the DC FO have some questions they are a bit apprehensive to just hand dak the money..
I don't argue that they all should have incentive based contracts. but that's not where the QB market is unfortunately. you or I don't make that up and at some point, the owners will push for that. keep in mind one of the NFLPAs biggest gripes is lack of guaranteed contracts compared to the other sports....this is a QB driven league. owners, coaches take big gambles and spend a lot of resources on QBs. there are only a few elite QBs. the second group is good to very good. teams fid success with those type of QBs. Elite QBs are hard to evaluate and there is no 1-800 to call as parcells used to say.

the fact is that outside of the craappy FA QBs, no QB would take that kind of a deal. we know with Mariotta, Winston, Fitzpatrick, etc. we will never find success. those guys have been proven not to be good NFL QBs. so why spend any money on them if your end goal is to win....

the fact is that kind of deal structure is far from being a reality in NFL. so we as fans can demand and ideate as much as we want...the market is different.

given the past coaching issues. the past craapy scheme. the bevy of issues in Dallas, Dak actually helped prolong the inevitability of getting rid of Garrett....so perhaps we can blame him for that. I rather either franchise Dak, or give him a 3 year deal ala Cousins and lets see how the current coaching staff will do with him. I rather over pay by 3-5 mill but get the right QB, as opposed to save money and get a QB that we know won't accomplish anything....

LetsBeReal

Reaction score
I don't argue that they all should have incentive based contracts. but that's not where the QB market is unfortunately. you or I don't make that up and at some point, the owners will push for that. keep in mind one of the NFLPAs biggest gripes is lack of guaranteed contracts compared to the other sports....this is a QB driven league. owners, coaches take big gambles and spend a lot of resources on QBs. there are only a few elite QBs. the second group is good to very good. teams fid success with those type of QBs. Elite QBs are hard to evaluate and there is no 1-800 to call as parcells used to say.

the fact is that outside of the craappy FA QBs, no QB would take that kind of a deal. we know with Mariotta, Winston, Fitzpatrick, etc. we will never find success. those guys have been proven not to be good NFL QBs. so why spend any money on them if your end goal is to win....

the fact is that kind of deal structure is far from being a reality in NFL. so we as fans can demand and ideate as much as we want...the market is different.

given the past coaching issues. the past craapy scheme. the bevy of issues in Dallas, Dak actually helped prolong the inevitability of getting rid of Garrett....so perhaps we can blame him for that. I rather either franchise Dak, or give him a 3 year deal ala Cousins and lets see how the current coaching staff will do with him. I rather over pay by 3-5 mill but get the right QB, as opposed to save money and get a QB that we know won't accomplish anything....

4 years of playing with this cowboys team is not incentive for you? What is?

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
yea tb doesn’t have zeke or an o line they’ve spent 10 years building. Let’s switch the two qbs and see which one last the longest......I’d be down for that
wait, I thought Zeke was over rated according to many....what he got paid, vs. what he can do are not the same...one is business the other football....

the fact of the matter is that a lot of Winston's yards are garbage yards he collects in the 4th quarter padding his stats, because their team sucks, is always behind and they always have to make comebacks and he plays against prevent defenses. if you followed football you would understand....

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
I don’t want Keemun but I’d say Keemun is every bit the qb dak is. Dak is actually prob more talented than keenum but keenum does more meaningful with less arm talent, than dak.
Keenum is a smart mofo. Again, I don’t want keenum
drinking? at 9:00 AM....you sound drunk..... show me one NFL personnel, one media personnel that agrees with you on this....

LetsBeReal

Reaction score

Not really true.

3 out of your 4 teams have a super bowl. We have one single playoff win........and we are arguing qb salary? This is stupid

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
yea

It’s not good. Don’t you watch the games?
I gave you the stats...actually his QBR from under center is among the top 10 in the league....but I can understand you speaking from you arse, because there is a lot of BS coming out of it..you are clueless