The Cowboys should sign Keenum, and let Dak decide what to do next

kskboys

Reaction score
Bingo.
Dak isn't going anywhere. Either the Cowboys sign him to a long-term deal, or he plays for the guaranteed $27 million franchise tag. That simple.
Also, at some point agents such as his are going to start losing players money. Don't see how Dak will ever get back the 33 mil he turned down in preseason.

Super_Kazuya

Reaction score
He was like Vince Young for the Titans. They won some games w/ him, even made the playoffs one year, as he dinked and dunked.
Sounds more like Dak than Vince Young, but by all means continue with the delusion.

kskboys

Reaction score
Sounds more like Dak than Vince Young, but by all means continue with the delusion.
Delusion would be at least somewhat the correct term for your malaise. If you're getting help, get your money back, it's not helping.

Super_Kazuya

Reaction score
Delusion would be at least somewhat the correct term for your malaise. If you're getting help, get your money back, it's not helping.
I would demand a similar refund for whoever’s teaching you English. You’ll have to call them obviously.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yes he did. But you said he never came close again. In 16 starts, he did. In fact he had more passing yardage. That's my point.
I didn’t say he didn’t come close to the same yardage total, I said the same “level”. Yardage doesn’t mean he played at close to the same level, it just means he threw the ball more in 2018 than 2017. The efficiency and effectiveness were nowhere near the same.

Then, of course, in his other 6 seasons he only had 2,000+ yards once, and less than than 2,000 in the other 5.

Last edited:

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I didn’t say he didn’t come close to the same yardage total, I said the same “level”. Yardage doesn’t mean he played at close to the same level, it just means he threw the ball more in 2018 than 2017. The efficiency and effectiveness were nowhere near the same.

If the same "level" is based solely on your opinion, you should have mentioned "in my opinion" when you brought it up.

Then, of course, in his other 6 seasons he only had 2,000+ yards once, and less than than 2,000 in the other 5.

Yeah, he did have a period as a 2nd, 3rd and 4th stringer in his career, which nobody denied.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If the same "level" is based solely on your opinion, you should have mentioned "in my opinion" when you brought it up.

Yeah, he did have a period as a 2nd, 3rd and 4th stringer in his career, which nobody denied.
My opinion didn’t create the stats. In no world is 18 TDs close to as good as 22 (especially with over 100 more attempts), or is 15 INTs close to as good as 7, or is a 62% completion % close to as good as 68%, or is 6.6 yards per attempt close to as good as 7.4, or is a 45.5 QBR anywhere in the mind of any rational person close to as good as 74.3. In 2017 Keenum had one season where he was truly an above average QB, but in 2018 he was a very low end starter, and he wasn’t even that much the other 6 years of his career. Yet you took Dak’s worst year and compared it to Keenum’s one and only strong season and decided Keenan was a good alternative to Dak.

As for Keenum being a 2nd, 3rd and 4th stringer in his career, you actually did deny that by arguing that a single high level season wasn’t an anomaly. Hell, even if you want to delude yourself into believing Keenum had a strong 2018 season, that’s still just 2 seasons out of 8.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
My opinion didn’t create the stats. In no world is 18 TDs close to as good as 22 (especially with over 100 more attempts), or is 15 INTs close to as good as 7, or is a 62% completion % close to as good as 68%, or is 6.6 yards per attempt close to as good as 7.4, or is a 45.5 QBR anywhere in the mind of any rational person close to as good as 74.3. In 2017 Keenum had one season where he was truly an above average QB, but in 2018 he was a very low end starter, and he wasn’t even that much the other 6 years of his career. Yet you took Dak’s worst year and compared it to Keenum’s one and only strong season and decided Keenan was a good alternative to Dak.

I'm calling you out. Show me where I said that.

No, the fact is that I compared Keenum's 2017 to Prescott's and some Cowboys fans aren't mentally strong enough to handle that. And like you, they make up some perceived slight and narrative that never happened. An imaginary ax for you to grind.

As for Keenum being a 2nd, 3rd and 4th stringer in his career, you actually did deny that by arguing that a single high level season wasn’t an anomaly. Hell, even if you want to delude yourself into believing Keenum had a strong 2018 season, that’s still just 2 seasons out of 8.

I never tried to claim otherwise. You're tilting at windmills yet again because of a perceived slight of your own creation. Because unless someone is constantly singing Cowboys praises, you can't handle it. And if I'm building up Case Keenum, I have to be tearing down Dak Prescott at the same time. That's your issue, not mine.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The OP argued that Keenan was a good alternative to Dak, Streetwise argued against the OP by saying Dak was a better QB than Keenan, and you supported the OP by saying Keemun was better in 2017, as if that one season overrides both his and Dak’s career history.

Now you are going to pretend your comment had nothing to do with the context of the discussion and you were just making an off the cuff comment about 2017?

if that’s the case, why did it bother you that I said 2017 was an anomaly for Keemun? Why wouldn’t you have either not responded, or informed you were only mentioning 2017 for the hell of it or as just a one year comparison without any intent to comment on how Keenum compared to Dak as as a QB in the present?

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The OP argued that Keenan was a good alternative to Dak, Streetwise argued against the OP by saying Dak was a better QB than Keenan, and you supported the OP by saying Keemun was better in 2017, as if that one season overrides both his and Dak’s career history.

If you're going to quote me, quote me.

And for the record, from the very beginning, I stated that talk of Keenum "being better" was nonsense. Go and quote that actual post of mine instead of continuing to make up crap to support your fake, baseless, made up outrage.

Again, I'm calling you out for false claims about "what I said".

0-2 so far on your end.

Now you are going to pretend your comment had nothing to do with the context of the discussion and you were just making an off the cuff comment about 2017?

I'm not the guy that needs to "pretend" anything, that would be you. And your perceived slight that if someone is talking up Case Keenum that they're talking down 'your quarterback', and you can't handle it. Your problem, not anyone else's.

if that’s the case, why did it bother you that I said 2017 was an anomaly for Keemun? Why wouldn’t you have either not responded, or informed you were only mentioning 2017 for the hell of it or as just a one year comparison without any intent to comment on how Keenum compared to Dak as as a QB in the present?

That's easy. Because I see your pattern of once again having to 'rush to the aid' of 'your Cowboys', doing whatever you could to undermine 'the other guy'. See, you feel that you have to 'defend your guys' by any means necessary. So when someone says anything good about another player, you take it as some imagined slight of yours and have to undercut it. I exposed that.

As I continue to expose your pattern of misinformation here.

Make up more fake stuff that you think someone said when they never did.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If you're going to quote me, quote me.

And for the record, from the very beginning, I stated that talk of Keenum "being better" was nonsense. Go and quote that actual post of mine instead of continuing to make up crap to support your fake, baseless, made up outrage.

Again, I'm calling you out for false claims about "what I said".

0-2 so far on your end.

I'm not the guy that needs to "pretend" anything, that would be you. And your perceived slight that if someone is talking up Case Keenum that they're talking down 'your quarterback', and you can't handle it. Your problem, not anyone else's.

That's easy. Because I see your pattern of once again having to 'rush to the aid' of 'your Cowboys', doing whatever you could to undermine 'the other guy'. See, you feel that you have to 'defend your guys' by any means necessary. So when someone says anything good about another player, you take it as some imagined slight of yours and have to undercut it. I exposed that.

As I continue to expose your pattern of misinformation here.

Make up more fake stuff that you think someone said when they never did.
The quote was "Keenum was better in 2017. That's not "debatable either" But don't pretend it was just a random comment that wasn't within the context of a discussion. In fact, you quoted Streetwise saying Dak was a better QB when you made that comment. And, again, you got upset when I called 2017 an anomaly, so you clearly weren't just making a random comment about 2017 that had nothing to do with the context of the discussion.

As for you saying I'm 0-2, clearly your statistical understanding is as far off on this as it was when you claimed Keenum played to a similar level in 2018 as 2017.

As for me "rushing to the aid of the Cowboys, that's a BS comment that ignores reality. If you had promoted Rodgers or Mahomes or several other QBs over Dak, I would have had no issue with it - clearly nothing to defend. But to pretend in a discussion about Keenum vs Dak that there is any significance in the fact that a journeyman had one top season out of 8, or that the journeyman had one better season out of 4, is ridiculous. Then to argue that the journeyman with a 45.5 QBR had a strong season in 2018 adds to that ridiculousness.

As for who's pretending, I'm quoting facts and statistics, and you are just going on emotion. The facts aren't pretend, but what the emotional mind comes up with often is.

kskboys

Reaction score
It's always extremely amazing to me how stupid these threads get!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
The Cowboys aren’t going to have to worry about what Pat Mahomes resigns for but they will have to worry about what Deshaun Watson gets. Watson and Dak have been pretty similar and both have a playoff win. Watson is going to get more than Carson Wentz and Dak will likely want more than Watson. I would rather see Amari on the franchise tag than Dak. I have a few more concerns with Amari than Dak. Amari is a great receiver but nearing the end of last season we started seeing some of the things they gave him the reputation in Oakland as being a fair-weather player and a guy who doesn’t love football.

At times he didn’t seem to want to be on the field in that critical game against Philly late in the season. He wasn’t showing up on the road and disappeared at times. I’m certainly not saying he’s not a priority to resign but there are some concerns with him. The longer the Cowboys wait to resign Dak the more costly it’s going to get with the market continuing to reset with all these other QBs resigning. From what I’m hearing the WR group is real deep. We could resign Dak, franchise Amari and draft a WR in the first three rounds who could possibly push Amari. At least that would give us an option if we decided to move on from Amari after next season.

Last edited:

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
How did the defense throw for those yards and limit the INT's?
this and this alone speaks volumes about how much you don't know about football, of all the idiotic stupid dumb *** things you have said so far, this shows how much you don't understand.
so I will take a few minutes and bestow my years of wisdom upon you, so soak it up. just read it, read it again and memorize it. it will do you world of good...

how did the defense a good defense impacts the offense? its simple son...listen and learn

when you have the #1 defense, it means you don't give up a lot of yards...that would make me take a look at another stat, is this mirage or is this a good defense, I looked at their 3rd down percentage...do they get off the field and guess what. Minn was #1 defense in the league on 3rd down percentage. at a whopping 25%. FIRST in the league..meaning the defense got off the field and gave the ball back to the offense.... a lot....by the same token the dallas defense was 29th! meaning they weren't giving the ball back to the offense as much...

.so next I took a look at the TOP, and guess what...their offense was getting 32.5 minutes of time to have the ball, why? because their defense kept stopping the other team and got off the field....that was also tops in the league!!

so I looked at the offensive efficiency rankings....guess what, the average starting field position for their offense was about 30 yard line, which means they didn't have a lot of long drives...however, they were only 9th in the league in average number of plays per drive compared to the cowboys that were 3rd! with a cowboys defense that was 8th in the league....

also the minn defense was #1 scoring defense, for an average 15.8 points per game, which would allowed you as an OC to devise a conservative game plan knowing that I can't lean on my QB, so they relied an a strong rushing attack, and getting the ball back often and let the defense win the games and let the defense close it out if I have to.....

so looking at the stats for 2017, the offensive performance for Dak and Keenum are close as to be expected for someone with a very strong support from his defense vs. one that was missing his top RB for 6 games and had the best LT in football replaced with a turnstile....as well as a QB hampered by a inept OC and inept coach....

so I compared the 2016 and 2018 stats, taking injuries and top defense out of the equation......in 2016, Dak as a rookie by far Blew away keenum's performance..... and in 2018 Dak's performance was by far better than Keenum, except for total yards being about the same....but looking at the teams' records Denver was 6-10 probably a lot of come from behind garbage yards in the 4th quarter, given Dak was by far better in QB Rating, TDs, Int, avg yards PP, completion percentage and Dak was sacked a lot more with that pourous offensive line.

so anyone who actually understands football, will clearly see that Dak is by far is better...so How do I validate this...hmmmm, Keenum has been on 6 teams and yet is being let go again, Dak is in negotiations for 30+ million dollar a year contract...so the NFL front offices validate it as well, including Mike Zimmer who had first hand view and experience with him and decided to pay 84 million to Kirk Cousin!!!

so son, revel in this, soak it up, just SOAK it up, read it, again and again. memorize it...you have been enlightened....you are better today, know more today than you did yesterday....you should be happy

I know its a lot for your to digest. I know a lot of this goes way over your head. I know you are confused...but don't be afraid, don't be shy, ask and I will be more than glad to lead you along....

you are welcome

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
:lmao2:
If anything I have to give you guys credit for giving me a laugh on a sleepy Friday afternoon. Again, the idea that someone else’s accomplishments are null and void because of supporting cast but Dak Prescott... now that’s a guy who has never had an ounce of help. You guys are the best.
you drunk? are just plain stupid?

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
If you think you're accomplishing that, have at it. You're clearly delusional.

I gave you the answer to your foolish question but that would have quelled your clear lust for vengeance so you chose to ignore it and resume wasting my time with your next post.

Keep having your issue:

Case Keenum had a better statistical 2017, in fewer games, than Dak Prescott.

Cry about it kids!
with better supporting cast.....give dak #1 defense in the league and lets see the results

and oh btw, Keenum was oh so good in the one year in his career that the coach and gm and scouts on the teams said...we take kirk cousin for 84 mill...goooooo keeennnuuumm

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Signing Case Keenum would give the Cowboys stability at quarterback.
It would also give them leverage.
It would also ensure that they don't get hemmed into a deal that would financially cripple the team if Dak doesn't pan out.
The kid is still unproven, and while that may not be a popular opinion, there is more evidence to suggest he won't be the guy than there is to support that he will.
lol...even you are not that stupid...Keenum giving stability...the guy who has been on 6 teams in 8 years...stability..you realize how idiotic what you said sounds....given the facts at hand

too funny...way too funny....

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
It's not in my head it's the theme you've created throughout our entire discussion. It's the fact that you've refused to give me a yes or no answer if you think Keenum would be a better option than Dak. You not wanting to answer the question provides the answer. The first comment I made in this thread was that Keenum would be a better option at backup and if anyone thinks he would be a better option than Dak they must be smoking something. Only you and one other fan has taken exception to my criticism of Keenum as a starting QB. You've done nothing but defend Keenum. I mentioned that he helped lead the Commanders to the second overall pick with his 1-7 start to the 2019 season and you defended him by putting the blame on the bad team he played for. If Dak went 1-7 to start last season you would have pointed the entire finger of blame at him. A team doesn't go 1-7 if their QB isn't a big part of the problem.

In your defense of Keenum you pointed to his 13-3 record with the Vikings. He didn't lead them to that record their #1 defense and #1 scoring defense led them to that record, which is why the Vikings replaced him with Cousins. You continued propping Keenum while talking down Dak by pointing out that Keenum had only 7 INT's compared to Dak's 13 INT's in 2017. Keenum's 2017 season has you infatuated with him. lol The guy was a BUS DRIVER that season and has been a BUS DRIVER his entire career. Just look at his numbers! He only lasted one season in Denver tossing a measly 18 TD's compared to 15 INT's. He can only function efficiently on a solid team where he's able to manage games. Unless a team has a great defense and solid offensive players around Keenum they'll have no chance with him. Keenum's W/L record the past two seasons is 6-17 so anyone who thinks we have a better chance of rebounding from an 8-8 season with him over Dak is smoking something!
they did put the blame on Dak….they pointed to his 8-8 season as the reason that he is not good enough...yet make excuses for a 1-7 start.....its funny isn't it