The Cowboys should tank for the next 3 seasons

lk8701

Reaction score
The Eagles are stacked and they just made it to the Super Bowl without Wentz, Peters, Hicks, and Sproles. Wentz has 3 more years on his rookie contract so the Eagles window will be wide open. IMO if the Eagles didn't have those injuries they would beat the Patriots. Going 7-9/8-8/9-7 for the next 3 years is pointless. I would rather accumulate assets like the Browns. Unlike the NBA there is no lottery so tanking will ensure that we get the 1st pick in the draft for the next 3 years. Too bad the Cowboys aren't pragmatic and bold enough to actually do this.

Blackthorn

Reaction score
Good Grief man. Talk about a knee-jerk reaction, man lay off the meds and rest. The fans in Philly were saying the same thing last season about the Cowboys.

If anything this is inspiration for the Boys. Dak's a winner and will win the Superbowl in 2019.

Go Dallas!!!

robjay04

Reaction score
So stupid.

Eagles have a fairly old defense.

Regardless, a lot can change one hear to another. It always does.

Sydla

Reaction score
The only thing you got right was the reality that we are staring up at Philly for the next few years.

Better QB, better coach, better defense.

Prepare yourselves unless Jerry wakes the hell up.

kevm3

Reaction score
I said at the beginning of the year I wouldn't have minded if we tanked THIS year. We clearly don't have the talent on defense for this team to do anything. With Garrett, we're going to play well enough to be in a perpetual state of 8 and 8. If tanking gets us a new coaching staff and some more elite talent, I'm all for it. It wouldn't take 3 years worth doing so though.

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
3 years? They would have to close Jerry’s World..

lk8701

Reaction score
The only thing you got right was the reality that we are staring up at Philly for the next few years.

Better QB, better coach, better defense.

Prepare yourselves unless Jerry wakes the hell up.

Much better GM too so they will continue to accumulate great talent.

diver5000

Reaction score
The Eagles are stacked and they just made it to the Super Bowl without Wentz, Peters, Hicks, and Sproles. Wentz has 3 more years on his rookie contract so the Eagles window will be wide open. IMO if the Eagles didn't have those injuries they would beat the Patriots. Going 7-9/8-8/9-7 for the next 3 years is pointless. I would rather accumulate assets like the Browns. Unlike the NBA there is no lottery so tanking will ensure that we get the 1st pick in the draft for the next 3 years. Too bad the Cowboys aren't pragmatic and bold enough to actually do this.
Wise poster and insightful comment :rolleyes:

yimyammer

Reaction score

I think you're onto something

yimyammer

Reaction score
ybuKOLu.png

Fan54

Reaction score
Turn tail and bend over because we're scared of the Eagles? C'mon fellas...is that how you handle adversity? If Dallas has fallen so low to even consider that option..even as a hypothetical scenario for some video game induced stupor, then it's time to revoke Man Cards..en masse.