The Cowboys should tank for the next 3 seasons

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The Eagles are stacked and they just made it to the Super Bowl without Wentz, Peters, Hicks, and Sproles. Wentz has 3 more years on his rookie contract so the Eagles window will be wide open. IMO if the Eagles didn't have those injuries they would beat the Patriots. Going 7-9/8-8/9-7 for the next 3 years is pointless. I would rather accumulate assets like the Browns. Unlike the NBA there is no lottery so tanking will ensure that we get the 1st pick in the draft for the next 3 years. Too bad the Cowboys aren't pragmatic and bold enough to actually do this.
So....you want us to become the football version of the cursed NBA franchise in Filly known as the 76ers? They have intentionally tanked for years, had the top draft position for almost 5 years. What do they have to show for it? A messed up team still trying to get back to decent.

Losing is always a bad idea. Once you get used to it, it ruins your team’s culture.

Northern_Cowboy

Reaction score
The Eagles are stacked and they just made it to the Super Bowl without Wentz, Peters, Hicks, and Sproles. Wentz has 3 more years on his rookie contract so the Eagles window will be wide open. IMO if the Eagles didn't have those injuries they would beat the Patriots. Going 7-9/8-8/9-7 for the next 3 years is pointless. I would rather accumulate assets like the Browns. Unlike the NBA there is no lottery so tanking will ensure that we get the 1st pick in the draft for the next 3 years. Too bad the Cowboys aren't pragmatic and bold enough to actually do this.

Right now the Eagles are approx 7m over the projected cap for 2018, doesn't look to me like they are in that great shape heading into 2018

CapnB

Reaction score
Good Grief man. Talk about a knee-jerk reaction, man lay off the meds and rest. The fans in Philly were saying the same thing last season about the Cowboys.

If anything this is inspiration for the Boys. Dak's a winner and will win the Superbowl in 2019.

Go Dallas!!!

See. wasnt just over at dc.com forum.... its everywhere lol

jay94

Reaction score
While we hold the crown of mediocrity, I do not want to be the Browns.

MistyAnn

Reaction score
The Giants tanked miraculously this year, but it was entirely organic, if we tank, we tank, and it would suck, but you just can't manufacture purposely tanking. The browns try the anti-goal of that every season, yet always manage to successfully tank.

JustChip

Reaction score

I've heard of some hair-brain ideas in my 64 years on this earth, but this might just take the cake.

diver5000

Reaction score
So....you want us to become the football version of the cursed NBA franchise in Filly known as the 76ers? They have intentionally tanked for years, had the top draft position for almost 5 years. What do they have to show for it? A messed up team still trying to get back to decent.

Losing is always a bad idea. Once you get used to it, it ruins your team’s culture.
Not entirely true. The 76ers are 24-21 in the Eastern conference and have won their last 8 out of 10 games. All indications are that the Process is working there.

jay94

Reaction score
Not entirely true. The 76ers are 24-21 in the Eastern conference and have won their last 8 out of 10 games. All indications are that the Process is working there.

There is a big difference when your dealing with 5 primary starters in comparison to 22.

diver5000

Reaction score
Fans in the Browns season ending futility parade...

h=300

Pants

Reaction score
So let me do the math: tank, not one season, not two seasons, but three

I know this is the drama zone but the “someone get my mommy” zone?

Ummmmm, no

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score

What an idiotic thread.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Let us all remember that, usually with Garrett, a solid season follows a mediocre-bad season. Hopefully, that's the case again.....with us going to at least the NFCC.

Londonboy

Reaction score
I've encountered a few "let's model Ourselves on {fill in name}" threads over the years.
This is the 1st time I've seen the Browns as the proposed model.
Congratulations on Your originality.
I'm hoping this is humour, if so, big chuckles from Me.

cowboyec

Reaction score
WHAT......THE......HELL.....HAS.....HAPPENED...TO.....THIS....COUNTRY?????
we got Cowboys fans asking if its ok to root against philly.......PHILLY.
we got Cowboys fans crying that we went 5-1 in the east boo-hooing over the state of giants,deadskins,and philly's back-ups.
NOW THIS.