The Cowboys Training Camp Pet Cats of recent history

kskboys

Reaction score
Good one.

Not surprisingly, Ben DiNucci is getting some hype these days even though a study in 2016 or 2017 showed that in the last 20 years, less than 6% of 7th round QBs every become even a part time starting QB. The odds of “The Nooch” ever being anything other than a deep backup are extremely slim.
I thought Tanney was overhyped until Cooper Rush got here!!!!

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
He's the one I bought into.

Did you?

I was always pulling for Jackson and Frazier, but the biggest support for Darius was when they cut him for a roster spot late in the season.

Who was the RB you were hot on in 2018?

kskboys

Reaction score
Did you?

I was always pulling for Jackson and Frazier, but the biggest support for Darius was when they cut him for a roster spot late in the season.

Who was the RB you were hot on in 2018?
18? Man, don't remember any. I never did like Bo Scarborough. I wanted Lindley in the draft, the kid DEN signed as a UFA. I though Bo was a wasted pick.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
18? Man, don't remember any. I never did like Bo Scarborough. I wanted Lindley in the draft, the kid DEN signed as a UFA. I though Bo was a wasted pick.

I'm thinking Ohio State. Pretty sure it was the same year Bo came in. Not fast. Not that big. Maybe a grinder.

Blast From The Past

Reaction score
Yep...
  • Kevin Ogletree- WR- actually made the team and made a few catches in regular season, but the hype we heard from TC was over the top compared to what he really was.
I really only remember that bubble screen as being his only targets but I could have faded memory of a bygone time

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
And no arm!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm not sure I've seen a worse arm on any QB we've ever brought in.

Yep.
Man, I'll never forget that one punt return!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He got that one NFL highlite that he probably has playing 24/7 as a screensaver of all the screens in his house.

Glory Days!

Good for him. Managed to make a small time career of football for a few year, between the NFL and arena football.

kskboys

Reaction score
Oh, and don't forget that stud amongst studs Rudy Carpenter!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

kskboys

Reaction score
Man, Matt Johnson was definitely a big one around here. I can't remember the name of the DB but I remember he had the most interceptions in training camp or something like that a few years ago. and got a bunch of hype
Wasn't that Teddy something? Butler, maybe?

Danny McCray was also overhyped!!

DFWJC

Reaction score
The Rico Gathers threads always cracked me up. He wins the overhyped award by far, imo.
Man, for some mind-boggling hype, just go look up some of those threads!

I never fully bought into Matt Johnson but thought if he could stay healthy, could've been a serviceable player. Not any kind of star, but a guy who could contribute and occasionally start in the NFL and also play special teams. But nope. That guy had more muscle pulls..

Although I'm a UNC grad, I was not a huge Switzer fan. Thought he was good enough to play but nothing special.

None of the QBs ever wowed me.

For some reason, I was convinced that Bo Scarborough would at least make our roster.
wrong
Same goes for Sklyer Green
No big expectations, but I at least thought he would contribute some. nada

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
Ahmad Dixon- SS Baylor (2014- 7th round).....proceeded to knock the crap out of everybody...Yet ended up getting cut by the soft Gingerbread Garrett. Should have been the first sign Garrett wouldn't tolerate players that actually liked contact.

454045010.0.jpg

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
And no arm!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm not sure I've seen a worse arm on any QB we've ever brought in.
For the worst arm award, I would go with former pats 7th round draft pick QB Matt Cassel who we traded for in 2015 when Romo went down. I swear he couldn’t break a pane of glass with a single throw, lol. Brad Johnson was also pretty bad by the time he got here late in his career. Threw more check downs than any QB I’ve ever seen!