The cupboard is bare and we need WRs

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
OBJ tore his ACL in the SB. He's not going to help anyone until the back end of the season (probably the Rams).

We've been down the Hurns path before, and I'd prefer not to go down it again.

We're probably going to go with what we have, for better or worse. Just have to hope someone steps up while Washington and Gallup mend.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Give Tolbert, Noah and Vashon a chance in the pre.
I know they're only going to have Rush tossing the bean in games 1 and 2, but you can still evaluate their route running among other things.
Noah has proven to be a favorite, albeit unspectacular target.
Tolbert might be something.
Vashon might have grown a bit.

I'm not endorsing going cheap, but I am endorsing seeing what we have.

And no, I don't just "like what we have".

Hagman

Put Niland and Green in the ROH
Reaction score
Hey, I know a dude who’s under the radar. He doesn’t have a lot of football experience but, he’s fast, hard to tackle, and he would come cheap.
giphy.gif

Corso

Reaction score
Hey, I know a dude who’s under the radar. He doesn’t have a lot of football experience but, he’s fast, hard to tackle, and he would come cheap.
giphy.gif
What tha...?
That dude had afterburners on his afterburners!
Look at those legs!

What would Jerry call him?

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
I know they're only going to have Rush tossing the bean in games 1 and 2, but you can still evaluate their route running among other things.

I'd prefer to go ahead and get someone if we like anyone who is available. By the time we decided we need another one, it could be too late. Now, if we don't like anyone who is available, then it's understandable to wait. Still, I'd go after Fuller, Hilton or even Beasley, who had nearly 90 catches last year. Just because we sign them doesn't mean they have to play if other receivers are better.

Corso

Reaction score
I'd prefer to go ahead and get someone if we like anyone who is available. By the time we decided we need another one, it could be too late. Now, if we don't like anyone who is available, then it's understandable to wait. Still, I'd go after Fuller, Hilton or even Beasley, who had nearly 90 catches last year. Just because we sign them doesn't mean they have to play if other receivers are better.
I completely understand your stance.
I'm not going to try to undermine it.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Stephen Jones gave his standard robotic line when asked about adding a free agent at WR after JW’s injury:
“We’re always looking for upgrades to our roster.”

Wow, thank you Stephen Jones for that insightful response.

Mannix

Reaction score

Brown has had half a decade of chances....he sucks. Quit being a cheap azz and go get Beasley....problem solved.