The Dak Prescott love thread

links18

Reaction score
So what are you really saying here? That you really want to say Dak sucks but his play last night is muzzling you this morning?

It ain't muzzling me at all. Dak isn't an NFL level QB. His ceiling is something approaching Cordell Stewart.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
Its the Amari Cooper effect. It opens up the offense. Dak is looking more and more confident. Zeke looks like Zeke again. The oline even looked better.THEN THE D FED OFF THAT. Cooper may have been worth that 1st rounder after all...time will tell. His routes are nasty.
Yup. Cooper has been huge. He and Dak clicked immediately.

It's kinda funny that they clicked so quickly yet the rest of these bums still haven't gotten on the same page. It's truly a trust thing.

Cooper - 100 percent trust
Gallup - 80 percent trust
Beasley - same as Gallup
Hurns - bum status thus far
Thompson - bum.. cya
Austin - Lord we need him back. He was the Cooper in terms of trust with Dak before Cooper got here.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
WHERE DID I SAY YOIU DID? YOU GOT ALL DAY !!!

I was simply pointing out why I didnt give a glowing review of Dak like you did in this win. Dont get butthurt that some people don't like your BFF as much as you.
Oh ok. Happy Monday! Oh btw, we won.

Dre11

Reaction score
I just speak the truth with no blinders on. I love my Cowboys and I am tired of this 23 years of crap we have had to watch. I can tell you right now Dak is not the one to lead us to a Super Bowl. I would rather cut him loose right now and find that QB then spend the next 5 to 8 years of being Dak'd.

You look foolish killing a q.b. who has won Rookie of the Year while still learning the position when thrown in way too early

Colombiacowboy

Reaction score
The guy played well tonight.

I hate to point out the obvious, but the fact so many are saying he played good is just hilarious. He made SOME of the plays an NFL caliber QB makes every single week. The problem is that everyone is so used to seeing him play atrocious football that when he does what he is supposed to, people think he played well. That is the reality of our QB situation.

silvrNblue

Reaction score
You should already know I don't need to watch film on Dak. I know his tendencies very well. I also know he has had zero player development in his corner since entering the NFL. So, like Romo did many years ago, he has to develop himself. Therefore, I'm going to be a little more patient than the next with regard to Dak's tendencies.

Sigh... here I'll point you back to my last line , 1st post on this. " I will say however, I lay most of Dak's issue with this coaching staff...but he still cannot see the field, nor throw to wide open WR's...understand Bleu, we can hope and dream all we want, in the end, Prescott is going to be what he was on draft day... 1 4th round pick with all the same issues the scouting reports had on him... But hey, I'm with you, IF JJ went out and paid top dollar to bring in a top notch QB coach, (NOT A kellen Moore type) maybe Dak could fix some of his on field issues...

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
I hate to point out the obvious, but the fact so many are saying he played good is just hilarious. He made SOME of the plays an NFL caliber QB makes every single week. The problem is that everyone is so used to seeing him play atrocious football that when he does what he is supposed to, people think he played well. That is the reality of our QB situation.
Perhaps you can better understand people giving him some props when you consider 20k Dak Sucks threads when "they" lose.

aria

Reaction score
Sorry to hear that. I'll only give up on Dak when I see that he isn't reacting positively to real player development (which current doesn't existed on our coaching staff).
I like the guy and still hope for the best, I’ve just seen too many errors that I think aren’t coachable. Here’s to hoping you’re right and I’m wrong :thumbup:

Philmonroe

Reaction score
Some are just too dependent on the outcome to hype players up. If we lost this thread would be way different. He did ok but he enough wth plays that don't magically disappear because we win and or we did some unsustainable things like convert a screen on 3rd and 16 which y'all know we normally get 4/5yards and punt. This isn't a game to torch him but just because we won I won't act like he played great tonight when he didn't. He leaves too many plays out there but at least tonight he played good enough to offset some of them.

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
I appreciate your honest response. & to a certain degree, I agree. I obviously have a lot more in terms of faith in Dak than most but I also recognize that he has his fixable iissues. Yes. A coaching staff with a hair of player development prowess would really set him on a positive trajectory.

Right now, Dak is developing himself...
What specifically should coaching be doing to develop Dak?

Colombiacowboy

Reaction score
Perhaps you can better understand people giving him some props when you consider 20k Dak Sucks threads when "they" lose.

I will give props to Tyron, Zeke, Cooper, LVE and most of the D. I am happy for the win, but Dak is still a major problem. When we start celebrating stuff the Matt Barkley and Brock Osweiler do more regularly, that is a problem.

LifetimeBoysFan

Reaction score
When you get the OL to play like it does, and Zeke looks like Zeke, it can sure mask any inaccuracy issues with Dak. I still think the potential to be a great qb is there if they can get a proper qb coach to work with him, plus get a better offensive coordinator that uses his abilities instead of forcing him to be a player he isn't.

Philmonroe

Reaction score
When Collingsworth pointed out the pass to Gallup on the sideline he waited to throw it showed me how much he's been poorly coached. That's the problem. It's bad folks
You're lost if you think a problem that has been said about him since college is poorly coached up. That's him stop passing off this mans limitations as bad coaching.

cityochamps

What Just Happened Here
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Work on that deep ball and he might just be pretty darn good also work on seeing the filed better, saw a couple of wide open player down field that he didn't see or didn't want to send it that way

lopey

Reaction score
You should already know I don't need to watch film on Dak. I know his tendencies very well. I also know he has had zero player development in his corner since entering the NFL. So, like Romo did many years ago, he has to develop himself. Therefore, I'm going to be a little more patient than the next with regard to Dak's tendencies.
Can you teach pocket presence because right now Dak has none. He holds the ball to long, and when pressured rarely steps up in the pocket. Can't see anyone teaching that.