The Dallas Cowboys will win Superbowl 50!

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'll bet you a c note we win the Superbowl...you want to take me up on it? I used to think you were a real fan..but i'm thinking you are a hater.

It has nothing to do with my fan status.

Posting guarantees is making it about you, not the team.

I got burned out during the season with people making guarantees. If they were correct they would come back and beat their chests about it. If they were wrong they would not acknowledge it. There is 1 particular poster that is very irritating when it comes to making guarantees.

Yoshimitsu

Lurch
Reaction score
The players seem to believe in the program and that's what champions are made of. This team has chemistry and talent which is important. The most talented players set the standard with hard work which resonates in the lockerroom there will be no slack jaws allowed. The coaches are there to reinforce the work and put them in positions to suceeed. Between the front office, coaches, and players there is a consistant message we haven't seen in a while.

They might not win it this year but this team is knocking at the door.

DejectedFan1996

Reaction score
I wish I could get onboard with that belief but if we don't win the NFC East, I don't believe we get to the dance. The fact that the same team has not won the division two consecutive years since 2004 is a bit scary.

Toruk_Makto

Reaction score
It's almost impossible to rebuild a defense in one year, but I do think they can be playoff bound this season.

I agree. You can't rebuild a defense in one year. Fortunately for us the rebuilding of the defense didn't start this year.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I wish I could get onboard with that belief but if we don't win the NFC East, I don't believe we get to the dance. The fact that the same team has not won the division two consecutive years since 2004 is a bit scary.

They're like one of 8-10 teams who could make a run with some luck.

The division thing is legit. History says the Cowboys will not repeat as champs.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
I don't see it personally. Every year, we find a way to do something stupid to kick us out. Right now, maybe we have the guns (talent) to do it, but now it's mental. Just mental mistakes in crucial games.
There were powerful teams back in the day, but mentally, they could never put it together. I hope I'm wrong this year, but down the stretch, we need to just capitalize from drive to drive.

Reaction score
I agree. You can't rebuild a defense in one year. Fortunately for us the rebuilding of the defense didn't start this year.

Oh, that's right, they pulled out the stops and started rebuilding last year,,, or was it the year before that? or the year before that? derp!

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
The Cowboys are going to be a 3-13 team this season.

(oh, wait, that was last season)

Arkyvarminter

Reaction score
I swear I cringe every time a player or person makes this statement. I swear it is a jinx to make a prediction like that....

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Barring any key injuries of course..

If they stay relatively healthy and do what they are capable of...Your Dallas Cowboys are going to run things for the next several years.

Who's on board?

I hope you are right my friend, its been a long time since the 90s and my SuperBowl t-shirts and caps are all faded now (hanging in the closet for 20 yrs will do that).

In all honesty, I think it will come down to our RBs. They don't have to replace the yardage Murray gave us, but they do have to replace the threat Murray gave us. What I mean is that teams were so scared of Murray that they started the game with 8 guys in the box and played like that the entire game. This allowed our WRs to pretty much play one on one coverage all game. That is why Dez was in single coverage on the 4th down throw in Green Bay for example.

Now if McFadden, Randle, Williams, Dunbar, or whoever else gets carries can still create that threat, then we are good. If however, our current group of RBs cannot create that threat and teams can stop them with just 7 in the box, it allows an extra secondary player to double a WR like Dez and all of a sudden our entire offense is changed.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You're entitled to your opinion.

Well yes I am. But what I am saying is this, if it rains for 13 days in a row does that mean it will rain on day 14? No. So saying somehing hasn't happened in 10 years doesn't have any relevance or impact to this year.

DejectedFan1996

Reaction score
Well yes I am. But what I am saying is this, if it rains for 13 days in a row does that mean it will rain on day 14? No. So saying somehing hasn't happened in 10 years doesn't have any relevance or impact to this year.

Like I said before, you're entitled to your opinion.

My belief is that NFC East is so competitive that despite what improvements we may think we have made this year, the rest of the division has possibly made them as well. Or perhaps those same improvements that were made fall to injury? There's a reason why there's been a different division winner every year for the past 10 years. Where the nation, including cowboyszone, thought wed finish no greater than 6-10 last year, the team itself proved everyone wrong and went 12-4.

Eli is in a contract year and his offensive line may have improved. The Eagles, despite Chips ridiculous moves, have had winning seasons under him.

So when I say, it's worrisome that the same division winner hasn't repeated in 11 years, it's due to the fact of what others have done despite what we've done and the history has shown that. It doesn't mean it's not possible and I never said it wasn't. All I said was that it worries me. It's always a dogfight.

One positive vibe that I get from this team however is the similar to the Spurs in 2013. The Spurs exited the finals with a very bad taste in their mouths and prepared all season to get back to where they were and make things right. I'm getting that vibe from this team as well. Dez has not let 'the catch' go, Romo for the most part hasn't, and Scandrick said on NFL Network that the taste in their mouths is still sour. So my hope is that this team does what my Spurs did.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Like I said before, you're entitled to your opinion.

My belief is that NFC East is so competitive that despite what improvements we may think we have made this year, the rest of the division has possibly made them as well. Or perhaps those same improvements that were made fall to injury? There's a reason why there's been a different division winner every year for the past 10 years. Where the nation, including cowboyszone, thought wed finish no greater than 6-10 last year, the team itself proved everyone wrong and went 12-4.

Eli is in a contract year and his offensive line may have improved. The Eagles, despite Chips ridiculous moves, have had winning seasons under him.

So when I say, it's worrisome that the same division winner hasn't repeated in 11 years, it's due to the fact of what others have done despite what we've done and the history has shown that. It doesn't mean it's not possible and I never said it wasn't. All I said was that it worries me. It's always a dogfight.

One positive vibe that I get from this team however is the similar to the Spurs in 2013. The Spurs exited the finals with a very bad taste in their mouths and prepared all season to get back to where they were and make things right. I'm getting that vibe from this team as well. Dez has not let 'the catch' go, Romo for the most part hasn't, and Scandrick said on NFL Network that the taste in their mouths is still sour. So my hope is that this team does what my Spurs did.

Obviously nothing is guaranteed in the NFL (or in life either), but on paper Dallas is clearly the best team in the division.................now that is worth a cup of coffee in May, but at least you are starting the race from the pole position this year.