The Dallas Cowboys will win Superbowl 50!

FiveTime

Reaction score
I agree. You can't rebuild a defense in one year. Fortunately for us the rebuilding of the defense didn't start this year.

I remember Tony Dungy commenting on the defensive philosophy when Kiffen was hired. He said it would take 3 years to transition and for the defense to really come together. I hoped he was wrong at the time but it is looking like he was on target. This is year 3!!

lane

The Chairman
Reaction score
We essentially got 3 first round picks this year...Superbowl Bound baby!!

If Hardy gets his suspension reduced and Lee and Death Ro stay healthy...oh my goodness...we are going to be fun to watch for the next several years.

I have no doubt in my mind that our stable of running backs will be fine..Enjoy the next dynasty Cowboy Fans.

I can't wait to smash the New England Patriots!!

Parcells4Life

Reaction score
Key will be Hardy's suspension and Gregory's development/Lee's health. All pieces are there but too many boom or bust players on defense to take it to the bank. Seattle also got really good on offense with Graham and drafting Lockett from KState and boosted the defense with Clark from Michigan. They have gotten 3 serious PLAYERS to go with an already star studded cast.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Key will be Hardy's suspension and Gregory's development/Lee's health. All pieces are there but too many boom or bust players on defense to take it to the bank. Seattle also got really good on offense with Graham and drafting Lockett from KState and boosted the defense with Clark from Michigan. They have gotten 3 serious PLAYERS to go with an already star studded cast.

Seattle, Green Bay and Dallas are the top 3 teams in the NFC right now.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Like I said before, you're entitled to your opinion.

My belief is that NFC East is so competitive that despite what improvements we may think we have made this year, the rest of the division has possibly made them as well. Or perhaps those same improvements that were made fall to injury? There's a reason why there's been a different division winner every year for the past 10 years. Where the nation, including cowboyszone, thought wed finish no greater than 6-10 last year, the team itself proved everyone wrong and went 12-4.

Eli is in a contract year and his offensive line may have improved. The Eagles, despite Chips ridiculous moves, have had winning seasons under him.

So when I say, it's worrisome that the same division winner hasn't repeated in 11 years, it's due to the fact of what others have done despite what we've done and the history has shown that. It doesn't mean it's not possible and I never said it wasn't. All I said was that it worries me. It's always a dogfight.

One positive vibe that I get from this team however is the similar to the Spurs in 2013. The Spurs exited the finals with a very bad taste in their mouths and prepared all season to get back to where they were and make things right. I'm getting that vibe from this team as well. Dez has not let 'the catch' go, Romo for the most part hasn't, and Scandrick said on NFL Network that the taste in their mouths is still sour. So my hope is that this team does what my Spurs did.

And when you're successful one year you generally have a tougher schedule the next.