The Defense has now forced 11 turnovers in the past 5 games

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
We've made bum qb's look like all pros many a time, not gonna disagree with you there. The turnovers are nice. They're the reason we've won the last two games. It's an improvement. I want a little more from a defense than being able to get turnovers from decrepit teams though. We give out yardage and points like Oprah gives out prizes. Our players run around looking lost more times than not. Nolan's defense has been abused all season. I see no reason to keep him around whatsoever. Do you feel he's earned another year?
Earned another year? No

But thats mostly because of his reputation. Any DC with a good reputation would get a mulligan for this season because of the injuries and lack of talent.

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
McCarthy is a 3-4 guy. He is more likely to end up in Oakland as the defensive coordinator while marinelli coaches the d line than end up here.
McCarthy wont have the say in the next hire.

If it were up to him, Nolan would still be here next year

Majic

Reaction score
If the performances continue like this for last 2 games Nolan has to come back. What's noticeable is despite all the injuries the players seem to have bought in and are giving him good effort.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Most turnovers forced in a 5 game span since 2014...

Yall still want Nolan gone or do you want to see what he can do with more talent on defense? :rolleyes:

Great point actually. Where are all the MM and Nolan blamers?

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Nolan's future, or the lack of it could be determined in the games that remain.

I'm surely not encouraged by him, at all, but our FO will likely decide his fate.

Whether they decide to retain him or send him packing, our defense is awful..

Verdict

Reaction score

Yall still want Nolan gone or do you want to see what he can do with more talent on defense? :rolleyes:
Maybe the opposing teams have figured out how to effectively tank?

fifaguy

Reaction score
It's helped offset the absurd amount of points they are allowing most games. Love that the turnovers forced are coming in bunches!

Verdict

Reaction score
The year has been a disappointment, but I really feel good about the team showing up to play the last month and even showing some improvement along the way. Getting those turnovers is a huge step forward and that was a pretty damn good defense they played today.

Tanking is talk for misguided fans and front office suits who never wore any type of uniform on a ball field. Coaches and players have no business buying into playing to lose and I am glad to see the Cowboys have continued the fight.
How much of “looking better” can be traced back to playing bad teams who may be smart enough to want to improve their draft position?

Verdict

Reaction score
I don’t know, but a lot of these turnovers are fumbles, not interceptions (which is what we really want). Our players aren’t “making plays on the Ball” like you think we are. In addition to that, Nolan is fielding the worst defense in the league. He needs the boot, as did Marinelli when he got fired.
I think it’s very hard to get a read on how good or bad Nolan really is.

MysteryIceGuro

Reaction score
I think it’s very hard to get a read on how good or bad Nolan really is.

It’s not hard at all. He’s BAD. In every which way. Just cause we’ve gotten a few lucky turnovers this year doesn’t mean he’s good by any metric. He’s need the boot ASAP.

Verdict

Reaction score
takeaways!!!

the defense gets takeaways. Offense commits turnovers.

This is like saying points in baseball and a pet peeve of mine.
We should have hoped to turn the ball over a few more times and lost. This win is going to sting a little on draft day.

calicowboy54

Reaction score

i’m on the fence here. if you get 2 strong as bull but athletic dt’s move aldon to crawford’s roll and get a more athletic edge guy another starting corner + a real fs you might have something.

basically get more talent give him another year see what they can do in year 2 of the same system.

Verdict

Reaction score
It’s not hard at all. He’s BAD. In every which way. Just cause we’ve gotten a few lucky turnovers this year doesn’t mean he’s good by any metric. He’s need the boot ASAP.

I think it’s more ambiguous, but we are all entitled to our own opinions.

MikeB80

Reaction score
We should have hoped to turn the ball over a few more times and lost. This win is going to sting a little on draft day.

I will go on record now that it won't make a single bit of difference.

MoistMayonnaise

Devil's Advocate
Reaction score
If the performances continue like this for last 2 games Nolan has to come back. What's noticeable is despite all the injuries the players seem to have bought in and are giving him good effort.

Meh. We have been fortunate to get some turnovers but the D is still giving up huge yards and big plays. Turnovers come and go, a solid D doesn't need to rely on them like ours has.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score

I think we're all stupid.
You, me, us, them... we're all dumb.
Some are more than others, but... dumb.