The Definitive Seeding Thread

JD_KaPow

jimnabby
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Not if Green Bay is 1 seed.

For example if we are 3 seed and win in 1st round we could go to 2 Seed Tampa in divisional round. Then Green Bay in championship.

But yea if we are 2 seed and Tampa 3 then they’d have to come to Arlington. But we’d still have to beat both Tampa and GB which to me is the much tougher road.
Right. If we're the 2 seed, the only possible road game would be @GB. All other playoff matchups would be home games.
It's also impossible with the 3 or 4 seed, but I'm just pickin nits.
It's not only possible, it's likely if we have the 3 seed. If TB and DAL are the 2-3 seeds and advance, then GB hosts the winner of the 4-5 game and we go to TB in the second round.
If TB and DAL are the 2-4 seeds and advance, and the 3 seed loses to the 6 seed, then GB hosts the 6 seed and again we go to TB

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
Bump. Good thread. Which means it's in danger of disappearing quickly. Have to lead off with "OMG!! DAK IS DA OVERRATED - DEFINITIVE SEEDING THREAD"

silvernblu

Reaction score
Not if Green Bay is 1 seed.

For example if we are 3 seed and win in 1st round we could go to 2 Seed Tampa in divisional round. Then Green Bay in championship.

But yea if we are 2 seed and Tampa 3 then they’d have to come to Arlington. But we’d still have to beat both Tampa and GB which to me is the much tougher road.

ummm. I’m gonna let you think about that for a second.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
"I traveled 500 miles to give you my seed."

vicjagger

Reaction score
Right. If we're the 2 seed, the only possible road game would be @GB. All other playoff matchups would be home games.
It's not only possible, it's likely if we have the 3 seed. If TB and DAL are the 2-3 seeds and advance, then GB hosts the winner of the 4-5 game and we go to TB in the second round.
If TB and DAL are the 2-4 seeds and advance, and the 3 seed loses to the 6 seed, then GB hosts the 6 seed and again we go to TB
All teams seeded 2-4 host a playoff game in the first round. Thus, the chances of them playing @ anywhere in their first game is zero, i.e. impossible.

JD_KaPow

jimnabby
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
All teams seeded 2-4 host a playoff game in the first round. Thus, the chances of them playing @ anywhere in their first game is zero, i.e. impossible.
Nobody said anything about the first game.

I was responding to someone who said, "The problem with 2 or 3 seed is we could have to go to Tampa and then to Green Bay."
I noted that that's impossible with the 2 seed. You said it was also impossible with the 3 seed, but that's not true. It wouldn't involve the first round, but nobody was suggesting that: we all know the first round game would be at home, and not against TB or GB.

conner01

Reaction score
If DAL finishes 2-1 and beats Arizona:
I'm not going past the 2 seed the rest of the way because there are too many possibilities. I'm also not sure I've captured all the paths to the 2 seed here (and I may have made mistakes).

Paths to the 1 Seed:

1. GB goes 1-2 AND LAR does not win out AND TB does not win out.
2. GB goes 0-3 AND TB goes 2-1 AND the NFCW division winner finishes 12-5.
3. GB goes 0-3 AND TB goes 1-2 or 0-3 AND LAR does not win out.

Paths to the 2 Seed:
1. GB goes 2-1 or 3-0 AND TB goes 2-1 AND the NFCW division winner finishes 12-5.
2. GB goes 2-1 or 3-0 AND TB goes 1-2 or 0-3 AND LAR does not win out.
3. TB goes 3-0 AND GB goes 1-2 or 0-3 AND LAR does not win out.
4. TB goes 2-1 AND GB goes 0-3 AND the NFCW winner finishes 11-6 or 10-7.

If DAL loses only to Arizona:

Paths to the 1 Seed:

1. GB goes 1-2 AND ARI does not win out AND LAR does not win out AND TB does not win out.
2. GB goes 0-3 AND TB goes 2-1 AND the NFCW division winner finishes 12-5.
3. GB goes 0-3 AND TB goes 1-2 or 0-3 AND LAR wins the NFCW AND LAR does not win out.
4. GB goes 0-3 AND TB goes 1-2 or 0-3 AND ARI wins the NFCW AND ARI goes 1-2.

Paths to the 2 Seed:
1. GB goes 2-1 or 3-0 AND TB goes 2-1 AND the NFCW division winner finishes 12-5.
2. GB goes 2-1 or 3-0 AND TB goes 1-2 or 0-3 AND LAR wins the NFCW AND LAR does not win out.
3. GB goes 2-1 or 3-0 AND TB goes 1-2 or 0-3 AND ARI wins the NFCW AND ARI goes 1-2.
4. TB goes 3-0 and GB goes 1-2 AND ARI does not win out AND LAR does not win out.
5. TB goes 3-0 and GB goes 0-3 AND LAR wins the NFCW AND LAR does not win out.
6. TB goes 3-0 and GB goes 0-3 AND ARI wins the NFCW AND ARI goes 1-2.
Thanks for the work
Just typing all that would have done me in lol