The delayed explosion of the Cowboys

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Didn't Stephen Jones already say they are keeping McCarthy?
Stephen said he was confident in McCarthy but then Jerry cut Stephen at the knees by saying he had a lot to think about when it comes to this coaching staff. He's not happy so who knows. I don't know who he is more loyal to so anything could happen.

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Is Jerry waiting on Dan Quinn before making a final decision on Mike McCarthy? Would Jerry fire McCarthy to keep Quinn from going to another team? These are the questions being asked this morning on the various football talk shows. Discuss.
Jerry is for once, doing something smart. He can sit back and wait to see if either Payton becomes available or, if not, if DQ gets a HC offer. At that point he can dump MM and grab Payton or offer the position to DW, depends on the timing of Payton making a decision I think...

Hadenough

Reaction score
Stephen said he was confident in McCarthy but then Jerry cut Stephen at the knees by saying he had a lot to think about when it comes to this coaching staff. He's not happy so who knows. I don't know who he is more loyal to so anything could happen.
Ahhh ok! Yeah I wasn't sure

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Is Jerry waiting on Dan Quinn before making a final decision on Mike McCarthy? Would Jerry fire McCarthy to keep Quinn from going to another team? These are the questions being asked this morning on the various football talk shows. Discuss.

In the end, I don't see Jerry keeping MM.....
Then again does it really matter who the coach is as we all know who calls the shots!

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
For me its simple. If he has better clock management than MM I would give him a try at HC/DC. The Defense wants to play for him and make plays. But that leaves the OC. I am not sold on Moore and MM had nothing to do with the Offense as far as I saw.. If he is allowed to hire and fire the OC and O-Line coach then even better..

JJ said he has a lot to think about regarding the coaching staff..
Remove yourself from your preferences and try to consider Jerry's bad mood and what that tells you may do about this coaching staff. He is very angry and said he would think long and hard about it all. He seems serious.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Jerry is for once, doing something smart. He can sit back and wait to see if either Payton becomes available or, if not, if DQ gets a HC offer. At that point he can dump MM and grab Payton or offer the position to DW, depends on the timing of Payton making a decision I think...
1. The rumors about Sean Payton are BS. He just got a 5-year extension with the Saints.
2. Jerry really seems to be waiting to see what Dan Quinn is going to do. He may intervene if Quinn tells him he has been offered a HC job elsewhere.
3. I don't think Moore is going anywhere, unfortunately. But maybe if DQ does get the Cowboys' HC job, Jerry will allow him to hire his own coaching staff on offense and defense, and then Moore may be let go.

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
1. The rumors about Sean Payton are BS. He just got a 5-year extension with the Saints.
2. Jerry really seems to be waiting to see what Dan Quinn is going to do. He may intervene if Quinn tells him he has been offered a HC job elsewhere.
3. I don't think Moore is going anywhere, unfortunately. But maybe if DQ does get the Cowboys' HC job, Jerry will allow him to hire his own coaching staff on offense and defense, and then Moore may be let go.
Probably right on Payton, but no harm in waiting it out.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
In the end, I don't see Jerry keeping MM.....
Then again does it really matter who the coach is as we all know who calls the shots!
If Quinn gets the HC job, I can see him fighting for his independence as a HC to make his own decision. Jerry might let that happen.

glimmerman

Reaction score
Remove yourself from your preferences and try to consider Jerry's bad mood and what that tells you may do about this coaching staff. He is very angry and said he would think long and hard about it all. He seems serious.
What are you thinking. A clean swipe. Or this is your last chance.. Heads will roll. But one should have mid season. This O-Line coach should have been gone..

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If Quinn gets the HC job, I can see him fighting for his independence as a HC to make his own decision. Jerry might let that happen.
From your words to God's mouth.....

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
What are you thinking. A clean swipe. Or this is your last chance.. Heads will roll. But one should have mid season. This O-Line coach should have been gone..
I wish I knew. I listen to Jerry's angry tone and it really had me guessing. At his age, it's hard for me to see him making too many changes.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I’d say he’s waiting to see if Moore gets an offer. Moore is who he really hates to lose and might make a counter offer to retain Moore as HC.

Jethro sees Moore and Prescott as the core he doesn’t want to separate.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Saints head coach Sean Payton has not committed to returning to New Orleans for 2022 NFL season
https://www.nfl.com/news/saints-hea...ot-committed-to-returning-to-new-orleans-for-
He doesn't need to make a statement that he is committed to the Saints next season. He is signed untill 2026 with the Saints. This article is implying something that is not true. Until he says he's retiring the Saints own him. Wise up dude. Stop believing everything you read. The media sucks in gullible fans to make money not tell the truth.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
I’d say he’s waiting to see if Moore gets an offer. Moore is who he really hates to lose and might make a counter offer to retain Moore as HC.

Jethro sees Moore and Prescott as the core he doesn’t want to separate.
Oh god, I hope not. That really would be a worse-case scenario.

glimmerman

Reaction score
I wish I knew. I listen to Jerry's angry tone and it really had me guessing. At his age, it's hard for me to see him making too many changes.
Well let’s look at HIS TEAM..

You lose to the bucs by a couple of missed FGs and missed EP. Team played pretty well.

Then a nice win streak. His QB looked great even against the pats and bellycheat. Then the throw that changed the season. He came down in the bad leg. Don’t be surprised if he has some “clean up” surgery on that ankle or leg this offseason. He wasn’t the same again.

Then we get a win against the vikings and Elliot was lucky his leg wasn’t broke. A few games later I saw a score where his ankle was L shaped on the ground and a knee landed on it. He wasn’t the same again.

We had Collins suspended and injuries to both sides of the line.

Last part of the season was very sloppy. The staff didn’t seem to do anything. We played very well against division teams knowing we needed to in order to make the playoffs.

But other teams we seemed very undisciplined and unprepared. That’s coaching. And his boy wonder was only running up the gut and calling long developing pass plays going for huge chunks instead of shorter passes to get his QB settled in and move the chains.. Worked against bad teams.

I watched the cards game and saw they weren’t ready.. To many penalties had been happening, especially on the O-Line. The line coach needed to go. I have seen them do this before and clean some of it up. That’s coaching. They brought Colombo in one year at the bye week because they looked bad because the coach sucked..

Team came out in the playoffs flat and sloppy. Game caught up to them trying to come back in the 4th. Had chances but seemed liked they were waiting on that break, the fumble or pick 6 from the Defense or the Wilson to Pollard lateral play that was 6 if Pollard was looking..

These bad games in the last half of the season playoff game was coaching as much as the players. They didn’t have them prepared or cleaned up. Confidence may have been there for most but Dak may or may not have had it. The OC could have helped him many times in games with shorter and easier passes to Cooper or Lamb. Get the talent the ball and let them make a play.

IMO the talent was there this year but the coaching staff other than maybe Quinn and ST coach rested on the talent. Quinn went to prevent IMO. I would have brought the house down on jimmy.. Just like he did on wft qb. Moore did nothing to help. He left the 12 personnel after the injuries. Jarwin was hurt in the viking game and he changed things. No game plan.

Something is up when Dak at the beginning of the season was dropping 40+ yard dimes down the sidelines to Cooper and Lamb and Gallop and second half of the year not even putting one up. No off tackle runs or toss or pitch or even jet sweep. Pollards long TD he was injured on was a simple toss..

Moore is young and had the tell in the vikings game a few years ago caught using the same hand signals he did in college. Like marinelli using the same line movement in the rams playoff game that let them know when they were going to stunt. This time the 49ers knew when we used motion it was a run play. He quit using misdirection and rub plays.. Apparently it went away with 12 formation..

JJ is letting it build up and will blow up and chips will fall. He is on the phone talking to EVERYONE..

Sorry for the long post, don’t blame you or anyone of it’s not read. Lol.