The delayed explosion of the Cowboys

rags747

Reaction score
I want a disciplinarian, period end of story. MM can go study some more Analytics.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Well let’s look at HIS TEAM..

You lose to the bucs by a couple of missed FGs and missed EP. Team played pretty well.

Then a nice win streak. His QB looked great even against the pats and bellycheat. Then the throw that changed the season. He came down in the bad leg. Don’t be surprised if he has some “clean up” surgery on that ankle or leg this offseason. He wasn’t the same again.

Then we get a win against the vikings and Elliot was lucky his leg wasn’t broke. A few games later I saw a score where his ankle was L shaped on the ground and a knee landed on it. He wasn’t the same again.

We had Collins suspended and injuries to both sides of the line.

Last part of the season was very sloppy. The staff didn’t seem to do anything. We played very well against division teams knowing we needed to in order to make the playoffs.

But other teams we seemed very undisciplined and unprepared. That’s coaching. And his boy wonder was only running up the gut and calling long developing pass plays going for huge chunks instead of shorter passes to get his QB settled in and move the chains.. Worked against bad teams.

I watched the cards game and saw they weren’t ready.. To many penalties had been happening, especially on the O-Line. The line coach needed to go. I have seen them do this before and clean some of it up. That’s coaching. They brought Colombo in one year at the bye week because they looked bad because the coach sucked..

Team came out in the playoffs flat and sloppy. Game caught up to them trying to come back in the 4th. Had chances but seemed liked they were waiting on that break, the fumble or pick 6 from the Defense or the Wilson to Pollard lateral play that was 6 if Pollard was looking..

These bad games in the last half of the season playoff game was coaching as much as the players. They didn’t have them prepared or cleaned up. Confidence may have been there for most but Dak may or may not have had it. The OC could have helped him many times in games with shorter and easier passes to Cooper or Lamb. Get the talent the ball and let them make a play.

IMO the talent was there this year but the coaching staff other than maybe Quinn and ST coach rested on the talent. Quinn went to prevent IMO. I would have brought the house down on jimmy.. Just like he did on wft qb. Moore did nothing to help. He left the 12 personnel after the injuries. Jarwin was hurt in the viking game and he changed things. No game plan.

Something is up when Dak at the beginning of the season was dropping 40+ yard dimes down the sidelines to Cooper and Lamb and Gallop and second half of the year not even putting one up. No off tackle runs or toss or pitch or even jet sweep. Pollards long TD he was injured on was a simple toss..

Moore is young and had the tell in the vikings game a few years ago caught using the same hand signals he did in college. Like marinelli using the same line movement in the rams playoff game that let them know when they were going to stunt. This time the 49ers knew when we used motion it was a run play. He quit using misdirection and rub plays.. Apparently it went away with 12 formation..

JJ is letting it build up and will blow up and chips will fall. He is on the phone talking to EVERYONE..

Sorry for the long post, don’t blame you or anyone of it’s not read. Lol.
It's a good conversation. I don't mind the length of your post, maybe others do. There is a lot of details to consider. You make good points.