The Depth of Youth on this team. Who excites you?

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
Leaving out Micah, Lamb, Bland and Diggs ** Tyler Smith

Who are some other guys on this roster that get you excited for the upcoming season. We'll be relying on these guys it seems to play a big role for us it seems. Who excites you the most, please give your thoughts.

A guy i'm excited to see is Junior Fehoko/See what Tolbert can do, if he can progress even more!

doomsday9084

Reaction score
The draft class from last year is going to really have to step up. I'm not sure I can say I am excited for anyone but if a bunch of them became solid contributors it would radically take the sting out of this offseason.

Mazi, Schoonmaker, Overshown, Fehoko, Richards, Scott, Vaughn, Brooks and Leupke all have clear openings for them.

One I'll mention that I am intrigued by is Bell. As an actual safety, he could really wreck stuff. Thomas and Mukuamu also now have an opening. I really don't think Kearse is going to be missed.

morasp

Reaction score
Hunter

Overview​

Versatile fullback with experience as a tailback, tight end and Wildcat option. Luepke is a jack-of-all-trades who has posted an impressive touchdown-per-touch ratio as both a runner and pass-catcher. He’s expected to test well and has the ability to compete for reps as a core special-teamer. While he has soft hands and has shown some route-running savvy, he will need to prove himself as a lead blocker if he is to excite NFL offensive coordinators.

Strengths​

* Above average athletic ability and explosiveness for position. * Versatility could allow for expanded usage. * Continues to churn legs through initial contact as runner. * Very capable receiving threat out of the backfield. * Impressive route savvy to create space. * Plays with sticky hands and plus ball-tracking. * Special teams experience in all four phases.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
The draft class from last year is going to really have to step up. I'm not sure I can say I am excited for anyone but if a bunch of them became solid contributors it would radically take the sting out of this offseason.

Mazi, Schoonmaker, Overshown, Fehoko, Richards, Scott, Vaughn, Brooks and Leupke all have clear openings for them.

One I'll mention that I am intrigued by is Bell. As an actual safety, he could really wreck stuff. Thomas and Mukuamu also now have an opening. I really don't think Kearse is going to be missed.
that's if we don't bring kearse back, I say let the young guys play on this note too. Would be excited to see Bell back there too where he should be and not constantly taking on OL guys every play

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
Hunter

Overview​

Versatile fullback with experience as a tailback, tight end and Wildcat option. Luepke is a jack-of-all-trades who has posted an impressive touchdown-per-touch ratio as both a runner and pass-catcher. He’s expected to test well and has the ability to compete for reps as a core special-teamer. While he has soft hands and has shown some route-running savvy, he will need to prove himself as a lead blocker if he is to excite NFL offensive coordinators.

Strengths​

* Above average athletic ability and explosiveness for position. * Versatility could allow for expanded usage. * Continues to churn legs through initial contact as runner. * Very capable receiving threat out of the backfield. * Impressive route savvy to create space. * Plays with sticky hands and plus ball-tracking. * Special teams experience in all four phases.
i'mnot sure why he wasn't used as much last season, hopefully things change for the better

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
I've noticed that MM likes to give new players time to develop and give the vets a chance. I think that sends a message to the vets that even if they weren't day 1 starters they will still get a fair shake.
totally agree, I think that's fair!

morasp

Reaction score
totally agree, I think that's fair!
I also think he was still recovering from injury sustained during his last season in college which might have slowed is development.

He was limited to eight starts in 10 appearances his senior year due to a left shoulder injury (98-621-6.3, nine TDs rushing; 14-196-14.0, four TDs receiving) but still received second-team Associated Press All-American honors as an all-purpose player along with first-team All-MVFC notice. -- by Chad Reuter

You see it with a lot of players that had been on the team a while
Noah Brown
Ced WIlson
Dorance Armstrong after Gregory left.
Just to name a few.

VACowboy

Reaction score
A bunch; Bass and Hoffman, and with Gallup gone I'm interested to see what Tolbert and Brooks can do. Schoonmaker and Scott are gonna be interesting to watch as well as Stephens and Overshown who both showed promise and are coming off injuries.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Quite a few players from the past few drafts. Many mentioned already.

In the secondary Bell and Thomas.
Improvements from Mazi and Schoonmaker.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score

That draft class from last year.....is really starting to look pathetic. :banghead:

Streifenkarl

Reaction score
I think they have signed some good water boys from high school this year. Can carry more bottles. Run faster without spilling a drop. Don't forget to keep it in the shade.

Yeah, our future is all set.

rambo2

Reaction score
Overshown, Fehoko, Bass, Mazi Smith, Scott, Richards, Hoffman, Sam Williams, John Stephens, and Schoonmaker.

cowboys1732

Reaction score
Ferguson. I think (hope) he could be one of the best TE‘s in the league, which he was up there last year. They are going to need him to be.

HabsCowboysOwn

Reaction score
Nothing about this team or the upcoming season excites me, easily the most disinterested I've ever been as a fan. Wait, that's not entirely true. The idea of getting rid of the overpaid choker before or after the season excites me. That's about it.

rambo2

Reaction score
Nothing about this team or the upcoming season excites me, easily the most disinterested I've ever been as a fan. Wait, that's not entirely true. The idea of getting rid of the overpaid choker before or after the season excites me. That's about it.
And yet you come on here at midnight to post.