The Depth of Youth on this team. Who excites you?

rambo2

Reaction score
Hasn't even been a year yet. I guess rookies don't even get a chance any more.

Gilly and Cooks really produced. Can't discount them.
What's funny is last years class is going to contribute on a good Cowboy team.

ColoradoCowboy

Reaction score
I'm still looking forward to seeing Deuce Vaughn play. I hope that he takes #2 now that it is available.

Yes, I know. But I believe that he is a good player. Hopefully, he spent last year learning to pass block, at least enough to keep the QB alive.

leeblair

Reaction score
Leaving out Micah, Lamb, Bland and Diggs ** Tyler Smith

Who are some other guys on this roster that get you excited for the upcoming season.
I hate to say it, but if Trey Lance is the only hope the Cowboys have of putting a real quarterback under center, I would like to see him succeed.
I don't know much about him, but I do know that the Cowboys aren't going anywhere with Dak Prescott under center.
If you're going to get excited about the youth on the Cowboys squad, it has to start with Trey Lance.

Beaker42

Reaction score
Hunter

Overview​

Versatile fullback with experience as a tailback, tight end and Wildcat option. Luepke is a jack-of-all-trades who has posted an impressive touchdown-per-touch ratio as both a runner and pass-catcher. He’s expected to test well and has the ability to compete for reps as a core special-teamer. While he has soft hands and has shown some route-running savvy, he will need to prove himself as a lead blocker if he is to excite NFL offensive coordinators.

Strengths​

* Above average athletic ability and explosiveness for position. * Versatility could allow for expanded usage. * Continues to churn legs through initial contact as runner. * Very capable receiving threat out of the backfield. * Impressive route savvy to create space. * Plays with sticky hands and plus ball-tracking. * Special teams experience in all four phases.
Yes, please play the FB who fumbles at the goal line.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Who wouldn't be excited about Jalen Tolbert? The man has caught 24 footballs for 280 yards and 2 touchdowns over his first two years in the league.

The ceiling is immeasurable.

Reactions: ICP

ICP

Reaction score
Honesty, the only players that excite me at this point are Ferguson, CeeDee(and we already know what he can do), Aubrey, and I'm looking forward to seeing what Overshown can do.

HungryLion

Reaction score
I think Overshown is who excites me the most.

The ACL tear sucks. I think he may not even be 100% this year and may need another year of preparation to be ready to heavily contribute due to the knee injury setback.

That being said I think by year 3 he can be a very good starting LB for the cowboys. A guy with speed and range who can run sideline to sideline and hit the ball carrier.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
A bunch; Bass and Hoffman, and with Gallup gone I'm interested to see what Tolbert and Brooks can do. Schoonmaker and Scott are gonna be interesting to watch as well as Stephens and Overshown who both showed promise and are coming off injuries.
I'm hoping that one of Bass or Richards proves that he's a more-than-capable starting offensive lineman. We saw some good things from both of them and I hope they can build on it.

Creeper

Reaction score
I am curious more than excited. I want to see Overshown in an actual game against starting players to judge just how much he will contribute.

I am curious to see if Eric Scott Jr. is any good or if he is as bad as he looked last year.

I am anxious to see if Asim Richards improved from last year. Same with Mazi Smith, although it seems Mazi will be unable to do anything until September maybe.

I would love to see Luepke in at RB, with some actual carries. His fumble last year near the goal line was inexcusable but I would not tank his career just because of that one mistake. I think he is more than just a blocking FB.