The dominance of DaRon Bland

exciter

Reaction score
I know it isn't popular on this great board, but, I'd try to get Gilmore back next season. He isn't flashy, but he is technical. I'm sure the combo of Al Harris and Gilmore has been great in the DB room.
It’s unlikely you’re going to get Bland to bump back down to that inside slot position a 2nd time without pissing him off. He’s proven twice that he’s an outside corner and a dominant one at that. He’s going to want a contract in 2 years that pays him that value. Resigning Gilmore has his agent whispering in his ear that he’s not valued as an outside corner and negates any chance of him taking a lesser deal to stay!

slick325

Reaction score
It’s unlikely you’re going to get Bland to bump back down to that inside slot position a 2nd time without pissing him off. He’s proven twice that he’s an outside corner and a dominant one at that. He’s going to want a contract in 2 years that pays him that value. Resigning Gilmore has his agent whispering in his ear that he’s not valued as an outside corner and negates any chance of him taking a lesser deal to stay!
He's going to get paid well. Regardless of whether Gilmore is there in 2024. Gilmore would only be there on a 1 year deal, IMO. Plus, I think when Trevon returns and how he looks coming back will have to factor into deciding.

exciter

Reaction score
He's going to get paid well. Regardless of whether Gilmore is there in 2024. Gilmore would only be there on a 1 year deal, IMO. Plus, I think when Trevon returns and how he looks coming back will have to factor into deciding.
Hell of a big difference between top 5 outside corner and slot corner pay. There’s no chance he’s going to be asked to step back into that slot position. If there’s any chance of being able to resign Bland it’s going to be an early extension after the 3rd season. Gilmore will be somewhere else or retired. It’s really that simple!

slick325

Reaction score
Hell of a big difference between top 5 outside corner and slot corner pay. There’s no chance he’s going to be asked to step back into that slot position. If there’s any chance of being able to resign Bland it’s going to be an early extension after the 3rd season. Gilmore will be somewhere else or retired. It’s really that simple!
Ok

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
Jury is out on smith and I think Schoon was a McCarthy/coach inspired pick more than Will.
It wasn't.

It was Stephen and Jerry. It was their annual overreaction to criticism for getting swooped on Kincaid.

The further we get away from the 1st round, the less this team is saddled with the Jones' pestering so McClay and scouts take over.

Usually 4th round and later, 3rd round if all of the "names" are gone.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
It wasn't.

It was Stephen and Jerry. It was their annual overreaction to criticism for getting swooped on Kincaid.

The further we get away from the 1st round, the less this team is saddled with the Jones' pestering so McClay and scouts take over.

Usually 4th round and later, 3rd round if all of the "names" are gone.
That's even worse

8FOR!3

Reaction score
Bland is one best CBs if not THE best cb in the nfl this year. Why in the world would you move him to accommodate a 34 year old cb?
Why is it being done to accommodate anybody? My idea is have the three best guys you can put out there. I just don't think a Gilmore can play in the slot. Plan B would be to just sign someone really good in the slot.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Why is it being done to accommodate anybody? My idea is have the three best guys you can put out there. I just don't think a Gilmore can play in the slot. Plan B would be to just sign someone really good in the slot.
Gilmore needs to retire. He’s going to be 34. There is going to be no money for him after we pay everyone this offseason.

8FOR!3

Reaction score
Gilmore needs to retire. He’s going to be 34. There is going to be no money for him after we pay everyone this offseason.
You might be right about money but he's still playing well enough that he'll start for a team who needs a DB

J12B

Reaction score
He’s not real quiet about it lol
But he is certainly becoming a star. Can’t imagine what could have beee. If Diggs hadn’t got hurt
What makes you say that?

Seems like a real humble guy and let's his play do the talking.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
DaRon Bland ties record (4) for most pick 6s in a season...
:omg: :starspin::bow:

Cowboys corner DaRon Bland has tied the NFL record for most pick-sixes in a season with his fourth against Carolina on Sunday. With 7 games left in the 2023 season, DaRon Bland has a very good chance not only to break the pick-sixes single season record, he has a very good chance to shatter it and make it an untouchable NFL record for many years to come.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
If Quinn leaves for another HC gig, which will probably happen sooon they should up Al to replace him.
Quinn said before the season started, he's not going anywhere anytime soon because he wants to help this team win a few super bowls.