The dominance of DaRon Bland

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
Love this kid.

I've asked Sacramento State coaches to send me film of his 3 years there before transferring to Fresno State.

He must have been absouletly dominant at the FCS level. I've seen his stats but I want to see the film to his ability to lock down the FCS receivers.

They told me he ran track there too. He ran the 60, 100, 4x100, as well as high jumps, long jumps, and triple.

Sneaky good athlete.

CCBoy

Reaction score
He's incredible. The way he turned around and PLAYED THE BALL, then high pointed it with a perfectly timed jump. That was very skillful.
That is called focused coordination. A trained skill upon talent.

J12B

Reaction score
Why not keep Gilmore and play Bland in the slot? Bland is as good or better in the slot and if defenses think they're going to pick on Gilmore, good luck. If Gilmore on the outside is the weak point then we're extremely elite there. Bc right now teams are sort of picking on Lewis in the slot.
I think Gilmore's age will become a problem. He's playing good, but slowing down a bit.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Why not keep Gilmore and play Bland in the slot? Bland is as good or better in the slot and if defenses think they're going to pick on Gilmore, good luck. If Gilmore on the outside is the weak point then we're extremely elite there. Bc right now teams are sort of picking on Lewis in the slot.
Bland is one best CBs if not THE best cb in the nfl this year. Why in the world would you move him to accommodate a 34 year old cb?

quickccc

Reaction score
He’s not real quiet about it lol
But he is certainly becoming a star. Can’t imagine what could have beee. If Diggs hadn’t got hurt
J- Lewis would've rarely hit the field on defense as a 4th CB and we'd have Gilmore/Diggs/ and Bland to slot
and still grabbing INTs..!!

Bland is no yet complete, as he's still trying to improve turn-run upfield and locating the ball
and still working vs double move WRs.
And when he faces the better QB-WR duos, that will be more the challenge.

But remember the times when our secondary just could not collect INTs ?
No ball hawks ? But that seems like a thing of the past with the McClay upgrade.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
agree. Leave him there and if it aint broke, don't fix it. Moving him tinkers with something we know is working.
Plus, we can probably save some cap letting Gilmore go. Starting 2024 with Diggs and Bland might give us the top cb duo in the league.

Jarntt

Reaction score
He's quietly become a Superstar.

Him and Diggs on the outside next year is going to be amazing to watch.
Remember that he is also great in the slot. If Gilmore wants to play one more year (I think he will) and is happy enough to sign here for a reasonable salary we could have the 3 of them all out there. You can start Diggs and Bland on the outside and move Bland inside when you go 3 CBs. It also helps protect you against what seems like annual injuries at the position.

doomsday9084

Reaction score
All of the requests to trade for a CB before the deadline totally mystified me. Almost regardless of who you are talking about, that player isn't as good as DB.

Kolemmitt

Reaction score
I know it isn't popular on this great board, but, I'd try to get Gilmore back next season. He isn't flashy, but he is technical. I'm sure the combo of Al Harris and Gilmore has been great in the DB room.
If he is willing to be CB#3 and be paid like a high-performing #3, I would LOVE to see this.