The Draft...Do you trust Jerry??

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
cowboyjoe;3272778 said:
I trust jerry jones in the sense that he tries to build a team and he cares, but in trading, jerry gets buffaloed into either givng up too much when trading for a player or not getting enough when he trades draft picks etc.
Explain the Herschel Walker trade then.

There's talk on the street; it sounds so familiar
Great expectations, everybody's watching you
People you meet, they all seem to know you
Even your old friends treat you like you're something new

Johnny come lately, the new kid in town
Everybody loves you, so don't let them down

You look in her eyes; the music begins to play
Hopeless romantics, here we go again
But after awhile, you're lookin' the other way
It's those restless hearts that never mend

Johnny come lately, the new kid in town
Will she still love you when you're not around?
There's so many things you should have told her,
but night after night you're willing to hold her,
Just hold her, tears on your shoulder

There's talk on the street, it's there to
Remind you, that it doesn't really matter
which side you're on.
You're walking away and they're talking behind you
They will never forget you 'til somebody new comes along
Where you been lately? There's a new kid in town
Everybody loves him, don't they?
Now he's holding her, and you're still around
Oh, my, my
There's a new kid in town
just another new kid in town
Ooh, hoo
Everybody's talking 'bout the new kid in town,
Ooh, hoo
Everybody's walking' like the new kid in town
Theres a new kid in town people started walking
I don't want to hear it
I don't want to hear it

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
Not for nothing but drunks actually do very well in Vegas, just saying...:drunk:

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
sonnyboy;3272664 said:
Especially our GM. I really doubt he's ever broke down film of a prospect. And that's a good thing.
He just takes in all the info, all the input and pretty much signs off on the final decision.
I wouldn't even go as far as to say he makes that final decision. He has input and the final word. But I'd guess he leans on the coaches and scouts to make the best call.

"Lets go Felix.....Felix Jones"

Its his baby.

Do people think he doesnt watch some tape on these guys? Were one of the best teams in the NFL hands down and Jerry has his claws in every move.

And lol at all the bad picks reeking off Parcells.

NeonNinja

Dash28
Reaction score
clutch88;3272660 said:
your reply sucks. Who's quote is this "i control everything from the jocks to the socks"...none other than your owner/coach/gm.
Well, another post of yours is full of failure and sucks. Keep trollin loser.

reddyuta

Reaction score
yes ,i trust Jerry to listen to others.last year was an aberration because we were really handicapped by the RW trade and limited the things we wanted to do in the draft.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
Bob Sacamano;3272685 said:
zrinkill

who is this guy?

Since he joined right before the Commander game last year .... I would say it was obvious.

JPM;3272716 said:
Get the zone-snoop on the job.
You must be someone who I have made angry in the past .... :lmao2:

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
JPM;3273029 said:
It was all Jimmy Johnson's doing.....

Yup ..... because college coaches know all about million dollar 10+ people business deals.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Bob Sacamano;3272638 said:
I trust Jerry as he seems to listen to the scouts, and doesn't get cute anymore.

I feel the same. As long as Jerry is taking the information from those he is paying to find talent and then acting on that information I think we will have a good draft.

JPM

Reaction score
zrinkill;3273133 said:
You must be someone who I have made angry in the past .... :lmao2:
Nope, I enjoy your troll-hunting

zrinkill;3273134 said:
Yup ..... because college coaches know all about million dollar 10+ people business deals.
:sarcasm:

NeonDeion21

Reaction score
Who says last years draft was a failure? JJ knew it would take Jason Williams a few years to be ready so we can't judge him. Victor Butler was productive for a mid-round DE transitioning to a LB. Brandon Williams, who most coaches and players thought was ahead of Butler, was out for the whole year. David Buehler was a great addition to the team as our ST was outstanding this year. Mike Hamlin has the potential to be a good player and maybe a starter down the road. Not to mention JJ found Kevin OTree as UDFA. I think JJ has done a great job in the last few years drafting but never will get the credit he deserves.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The New Thread button...Do you trust clutch88??

Ren

Reaction score
Ware was a Jerry pick, BP wanted Spears with that pick. So yes, i trust Jerry

Gaede

Reaction score
I actually do trust Jerry in the draft. He had some ****ty luck last year--everytime we were set to pick, the guy we wanted went right before us.

He's done a really good job lately, listening to his scouts and coaches and getting players early, late and UDFA who contribute. I trust him now because he doesn't make those large, stupid, irrational mistakes anymore (in the draft, at least)

clutch88

Benched
Reaction score
Hostile;3272695 said:
This post in fantastic in its total lack of redeeming quality. From the butt hurt response to another poster's lack of support, to the horrible grammar, to the butchered quote, to the incorrect answer provided, it is absolutely fascinating in its completeness as a total dud.
Hostile, from your response you consider yourself a pretty bright guy huh? I find that amazing in it's total homerism and complete blind faith in a billionare hillbilly at the control of the most recognized team in sports.

burmafrd

Reaction score
for the 1 millionth time the actual sequence of events from Micky and other sources at the time-not revisionist bs later on- is that before the COMBINE Ware was a late 1st pick so BP and Jerruh felt that they could get him with #20. At the time there was only one 3-4 DE that looked ready to start right off-Spears. BP worried that someone would grab him if we waited till the second rd. THe #11 pick we were looking at several possibilities. Then at the combine Ware just absolutely tore things up. He went from a late first (remember he came from a small school) to a top 15 pick. Then it came down to figuring they would have to use the #11 pick to get Ware and if that did not work take Merriman. And use #20 for Spears. We had to have two players if the switch to the 3-4 was to work: A real 3-4 DE and a rush OLB. We were going to use Ellis if necessary at the other 3-4, luckily we got Canty in the fourth and were able to use him and then the next year BP put ellis at OLB.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
clutch88;3276615 said:
Hostile, from your response you consider yourself a pretty bright guy huh? I find that amazing in it's total homerism and complete blind faith in a billionare hillbilly at the control of the most recognized team in sports.
I am a very bright guy in fact. The interesting thing is that usually anyone who thinks I am not very smart is someone who exhibits a serious lack of common sense. I don't care if you like me or hate my guts. But if for one minute you think I am not intelligent, then you sir are delusional. I can call facts to mind faster than you can search Google. Bet on it.

I don't have total blind faith homerism in Jerry Jones. If you bothered to pay attention to me this year you might have noticed a few things. For example. I took great offense to the fact that for our 50th season in the NFL we did not have a celebration or a patch on our jerseys. If we have one next year I will not be okay with it. I think it is stupid to celebrate 50 years in year 51.

I was not okay with no one being added to the Ring of Honor this year either. I am frequently at odds with Jerry Jones about the guys who deserve to be there who aren't.

What I am not is a myopic drone. I don't need to stoop to pejoratives like hillbilly to try and look smart. I am aware of the connotation of hillbillies as not very smart. If you think Jerry Jones is not smart, then you really are trying to find a River in Egypt in the wrong place.

Complete idiots do not become billionaires. They do not have visions that lead to things like the magnificent stadium Jerry brought to us. If you believe hillbillies accomplish things like that, then I suggest you have no earthly clue what the word as you used it means. I confess, that doesn't surprise me.

The last thing I will say is that I don't have the senseless issues with Jerry as the GM that some people do because unlike some of those people I actually have a grasp of the fact that the GM is neither a one man band nor a one man wrecking crew. I find that depiction of things to be utterly hilarious in the complete lack of comprehension that accompanies it. Oh I know it will result in some mouth breather telling me it comes down to who has the ultimate final say in any transaction. The flaw in that ointment is that there is no evidence beyond paranoia that Nero is fiddling while Rome burns.