The Eagles are reportedly interested in Antwaan Randle El

Gryphon

Merge Ahead
Reaction score
The Eagles are reportedly interested in Antwaan Randle El.

Despite mediocre production in 2005, Randle El is apparently going to inspire a bidding war. The Bears, Commanders, and possibly Patriots are interested.

Feb. 24 - 9:12 am et
Source: Philadelphia Inquirer

Paniolo22

Hawaiian Cowboy
Reaction score
The ultimate gadget man. OVERRATED!!! He had like 40 catches for less than 700 yds. :rolleyes: I hope the Eagles or the Skins get him and over pay.

felix360

Reaction score
how about the us, man this really pisses me off, why isnt JJ looking into these free agens coming out, there are some quality free agents coming out.

neosapien23

Reaction score
Why are team so intrested in Randle El? He didn't exactly have stellar numbers. I would rather sign Koren Robinson or Antonio Byrant.

Gryphon

Merge Ahead
Reaction score
Despite their public posturing about being happy with their remaining receivers, the Eagles are expected to try to upgrade at the position. Antwaan Randle El seems to be their main target, as the free-agent wideout with the biggest upside, assuming the Pittsburgh Steelers, faced with 11 potential free agents, can't keep him. Randle El also would fill a need as an elite punt returner. An alternative might be Buffalo's Eric Moulds, a bigger and stronger receiver (6-2, 210 to Randle El's 5-10, 192) who also is significantly older at 32.

Phoenix-Talon

Eagles Fan Liaison
Reaction score
Paniolo22 said:
The ultimate gadget man. OVERRATED!!! He had like 40 catches for less than 700 yds. :rolleyes: I hope the Eagles or the Skins get him and over pay.

We've got around 18 million in cap! we may have underestimated paying TO, but we'll not make that mistake again if we choose to pursue Randle El!

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Gryphon said:
The Eagles are reportedly interested in Antwaan Randle El.

Despite mediocre production in 2005, Randle El is apparently going to inspire a bidding war. The Bears, Commanders, and possibly Patriots are interested.
Is there ever any free agent the Commanders are NOT interested in???

Da Hammer

The Natural
Reaction score
Well the Eagles will need receivers especially with T.O gone or soon to be gone. If we dont sign Randle El then hopefully the Eagles overpay for him and ends up a bust there, LOL

Qwickdraw

Benched
Reaction score
The only thing that would piss me off more than if we didn't sign Randle El is if the Eagles, Giants, or Commanders did.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Qwickdraw said:
The only thing that would piss me off more than if we didn't sign Randle El is if the Eagles, Giants, or Commanders did.
Unless he is asking for way to much, I would be surprised to see him leave the Stealers.

baj1dallas

Reaction score
Why would Dallas sign him? Doesn't make any sense. He's a good fit for Philly though.

SALADIN

Jumper
Reaction score
felix360 said:
how about the us, man this really pisses me off, why isnt JJ looking into these free agens coming out, there are some quality free agents coming out.

How do you know who JJ is looking at and who he isn't?

...and if you do know, can you tell us???

But if you don't know, then maybe you should wait and see.

Bledsoe4MVP

Benched
Reaction score
Paniolo22 said:

He is definitely overrated as a receiver, but he's a dangerous return man. And you can argue that he's the true MVP of the superbowl for his 'gadget' pass to Hines Ward to put the game away. :cool:

I would take a look at him, but if we are going to go after a WR via free agency, I would much rather pursue David Givens or somebody that might be available in the next few months(TO, moulds, etc)

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
Ahhhh. The preacher. The Eagles could use a guy like this to help re-build the 'ol team moral base. Good call Andy. Good call.

Somebody give me an Amen Brother.

Phoenix-Talon

Eagles Fan Liaison
Reaction score
Qwickdraw said:

Don't be selfish now.:rolleyes:

k19

Reaction score
Qwickdraw said:

why he's a #2. borderline # 3 wr at best. Get the vision of the SB TD pass out of your head and look at him for what he is

kingwhicker

BCRSA
Reaction score
Bledsoe4MVP said:
And you can argue that he's the true MVP of the superbowl for his 'gadget' pass to Hines Ward to put the game away. :cool:

No, I think that would be Bill Leavy.

Big Country

Rolling Thunder
Reaction score
k19 said:
why he's a #2. borderline # 3 wr at best. Get the vision of the SB TD pass out of your head and look at him for what he is

He is a kick returner... that's what he is... he can be the 4th string QB in Filly as well... Randel El looks to throw a deep ball pretty well on the gadget plays he can run, but he'll need to learn the nuances of the 3 yard pass that the WC Eagles primarily play.