The Eagles Cap technique?

plasticman

Reaction score
The Eagles top 5 contracts account for about 24% of the cap whereas the Cowboys top five contracts account for about 48% of the total cap.

HungryLion

Reaction score
What's interesting is the Cowboys are able to keep up with the Eagles. The Cowboys won the division last year and are currently co favorites with them to win the division this year.
Yes you’re right. The Cowboys have certainly kept up with the eagles over the last 20 years.

Lmao

CWR

Reaction score
Interesting.
It's a fact. Maybe we can win with Dak, but that's dependent on this sorry FO addressing the same achilles heel that has held us back since 2018.

rambo2

Reaction score
It's a fact. Maybe we can win with Dak, but that's dependent on this sorry FO addressing the same achilles heel that has held us back since 2018.
They started addressing it with the oline, linebackers, and dline.

mldardy

Reaction score
I love how you make it seem the Cowboys won the division based on the quality of the team.

The Eagles imploded. Nothing the Cowboys did other than beat up on sub .500 teams won them the division more than the Eagles messing up.
LOL at this guy complaining about the Cowboys beating up on sub .500 teams which is 100% false. They beat the Lions, Seahawks and Eagles in the last 6 weeks of the season. I didn't hear this ridiculous excuse when the Eagles won the division in 2022 beating up on sub .500 teams which is 100% true. Just shutup and stop whining, making excuses man.

Sydla

Reaction score
How about the last 3 or the last 55. Take your pick.
Hahahaha.

Hey homer, Philly played in a SB two years ago.

We couldn’t even get out of the divisional round over the same period.

Any Cowboys fan that thinks we’ve achieved the same level of success over the last three years is either an idiot or a really bad troll.

Sydla

Reaction score
Lmao. That’s the best you got. They lost the Super Bowl?

Haha
LOL.

My favorite from this crowd is when comparing recent success, they claim that their SB from 2017 was like 7 years ago and is ancient history or that their SB appearance two years ago is meaningless and only last season matters (when we won the division) and then later talk about how we are much better than them because we have a bunch of SB wins 30 years ago.

Jarntt

Reaction score
If they only use the draft, how are Hooker, Kendricks, Zeke, Cooks, Chuma, and others on the team?
At first I thought you were joking, but I don't think you are. It amazes me how some will defend this "brain trust" ad nauseum. So, my question is are you kidding or clueless how NFL teams operate? You think this group acts in any way like every other NFL teams when it comes to free agents from other teams? :facepalm:

Let's examine your list:
Hooker: Was coming off a major injury and signed for 1 year and $920K with $490K guaranteed
Kendricks: 1 year deal with $2.5M guaranteed
Zeke: Serioulsy?
Chuma: Seriously?
Cooks: I was focusing on free agents as my post made clear I thought, but yes he was a trade for a #2 WR that many seem to want to upgrade

Now throw a dart at a dart board and do another team

rambo2

Reaction score
At first I thought you were joking, but I don't think you are. It amazes me how some will defend this "brain trust" ad nauseum. So, my question is are you kidding or clueless how NFL teams operate? You think this group acts in any way like every other NFL teams when it comes to free agents from other teams? :facepalm:

Let's examine your list:
Hooker: Was coming off a major injury and signed for 1 year and $920K with $490K guaranteed
Kendricks: 1 year deal with $2.5M guaranteed
Zeke: Serioulsy?
Chuma: Seriously?
Cooks: I was focusing on free agents as my post made clear I thought, but yes he was a trade for a #2 WR that many seem to want to upgrade

Now throw a dart at a dart board and do another team
You said they only use the draft. They certainly mainly use the draft, but not only.

Redsfan_83

Reaction score
Just the opposite. I would not want other teams initiating what players are going to be paid. Hurts was the highest paid quarterback for a very short period of time. Now he’s fourth highest paid, Dak outplayed him, so Hurts is headed for fifth, likely further down than that when Goff, Lawrence, and others have to be signed. At some point it might be prudent to simply get it done with players you know you’d like to keep.
We played this game with Dak's last contract and now look at the position we are in with him. We are also now playing this game with Cee, Micah and others to soon follow. We still don't know what Hurts is, and I for one will partially blame his horrible season last year on coaching changes at OC and for whatever reason the Igglies love their HC.

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
LOL.

My favorite from this crowd is when comparing recent success, they claim that their SB from 2017 was like 7 years ago and is ancient history or that their SB appearance two years ago is meaningless and only last season matters (when we won the division) and then later talk about how we are much better than them because we have a bunch of SB wins 30 years ago.
That Super Bowl win almost seven years ago is ancient history.

jaythecowboy

Reaction score
We played this game with Dak's last contract and now look at the position we are in with him. We are also now playing this game with Cee, Micah and others to soon follow. We still don't know what Hurts is, and I for one will partially blame his horrible season last year on coaching changes at OC and for whatever reason the Igglies love their HC.
We didn’t though. The Eagles paid him ASAP. Dak played on the tag and was on a 2ng tag before the deal got done. We would already be done with Dak’s deal if they hadn’t procrastinated.

Sydla

Reaction score
That Super Bowl win almost seven years ago is ancient history.
So is the SB we won in 1995 but that doesn't stop the homer crowd from trying to use it as a defense as to why we are the better franchise.

Right now, we aren't.