The Eagles secondary

MRV52

rat2k8
Reaction score
Slay and Bradbury meh, Blankenship he has had some rough games. Dream team again that will flop once again. Still have no real QB in my mind.

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
Slay and Bradbury meh, Blankenship he has had some rough games. Dream team again that will flop once again. Still have no real QB in my mind.
That’s your dream. Blankenship is a “ham and egger” at best. Slay and Bradbury are well past their prime. But that team had to have a historic collapse just to finish with one less win than the Cowboys last season. Philly got smoked at Tampa in the playoffs. Dallas got smoked at home in the playoffs. If you had to live on the difference between the Eagles and the Cowboys right now you’d starve to death. The Philadelphia Eagles are trying to put together a team that can beat SF and Green Bay. The Cowboys are trying to sign a guy they literally showed the door a year ago. That’s”meh”.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
Hes gonna struggle in the NFL. This aint Toledo.
IMG_1483.jpeg.942338cb250f13cd627e26e3ff2816ff.jpeg

Evidently it translates

Rayman70

Reaction score
Im no Iggle fan but I have eyes. I can also acknowledge really good football players pretty quick. They seem to find a surplus of good db's pretty easy. Thats just great scouting and good GMing. Having the balls and the power to pull the trigger. Its called being held accountable by the fans and the owner. In Dallas, the owner has zero reason to be accountable as HE is picking the players. Or involved heavily in the process. It no longer works well.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
The Cowboys have been underachievers. They have better overall talent than the eagles but still
sruggle winning the division and winning in playoffs.
Huh? Eagles have had the better lines than the Cowboys for 6 years now. They have better receivers the last two years as well. We beat the Eagles at quarterback, linebacker, and secondary. Coaching is a wash.

DallasDW00ds0n

Reaction score
This is false.
Absolutely not false, it was well documented throughout the season they struggled.

Bradberry was benched and split time after they fired Desai. Slay played through injury mostly bc they had no one else; he didn’t play well either.

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
I think Bradbury could be cut. They added the CB from Indy who was a good player before sports-betting suspension.

Blue&Silver

Reaction score
I believe the Cowboys and the Eagles know and knew there will be significant head coach candidates available after this next season compared to after this last season. Daboll, Tomlin, Taylor, McDermott, etc. Sirianni and McCarthy are goners. And Hurts and Prescott are not going to save either one of them. That’s how the business goes. And Roseman is no genius. That’s like an NFL “urban legend”. The Eagles exhausted $43 million in dead cap since March 2023. They lost some guys they otherwise would have liked to keep. Now they’re borrowing against the big contracts they’ve handed out, again. It’s the same as the Cowboys did. You have to pay the bill eventually. Cowboys are having to pay the bill now. Jerry Jones is the same genius as Roseman. The differences are Roseman is not spending his own money on anything team related and Jerry can’t fire himself. That’s advantage Eagles and if it’s not going to be Prescott, the Cowboys have no capable quarterback in 2025.
Last year was a good example of that. Roseman is the dead money king. They had an inadequate roster on defense last year, and a 60 something million dead SPACE. They are paying a lot of guys that aren't on the roster anymore. I don't know too many owners that would put up with that. They want to make big profits as well. As far as us there is no reason we can't fit all of our A+ players.
That's right. Eventually you have to pay. There's no accounting that absolves a team's caps that pay players long after they're gone.

Jarntt

Reaction score
I was so glad they took Mitchell over Arnold. Arnold is going to be a stud IMO

mcmvp

Reaction score
I was so glad they took Mitchell over Arnold. Arnold is going to be a stud IMO
I guess we’ll see. They can both be good. I personally wanted Mitchell over Arnold. Saban is a defensive secondary mastermind and can make players look better than they are. Saban also said Mitchell was going to be their #1 target to go after if he entered the transfer portal…we he didn’t do

Jarntt

Reaction score
I guess we’ll see. They can both be good. I personally wanted Mitchell over Arnold. Saban is a defensive secondary mastermind and can make players look better than they are. Saban also said Mitchell was going to be their #1 target to go after if he entered the transfer portal…we he didn’t do
No they cannot. Only one can be good and I have already ruled that it is going to be Arnold :p

Sydla

Reaction score
Absolutely not false, it was well documented throughout the season they struggled.

Bradberry was benched and split time after they fired Desai. Slay played through injury mostly bc they had no one else; he didn’t play well either.
Slay had a pretty solid season. The rest of their secondary was bad. Hence why they are looking to replace Bradberry and brought back CJGJ at S in free agency. If one of the rookies can play and supplant Bradberry, him and Slay isn't a bad combo.

Creeper

Reaction score
Not only is their secondary looking pretty good this year but the Eagles also have a damn good DL. Give them credit, they go all in for real every year. They fill holes with trades and free agency and do a brilliant job of accumulating draft picks and using them to get the players they want. They are not afraid to make bold moves. I love how they are willing to trade players for draft picks. They traded a top pass rusher, Haason Reddick, for a conditional 3rd round pick, which will mostly likely be a 2nd in 2024. It seems like the Eagles are always drafting twice in the early rounds.

The Eagles front office is so much smarter than Jethro and Gomer it is not even funny.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Them and Detroit were smart. They attacked their weakness. Judging from our draft I assume the Cowboys thought our Oline was the weakness…
Seems like our strategy is to be ready after the Eagles can't keep their players, in a few years.

Swagger

Reaction score
Not only is their secondary looking pretty good this year but the Eagles also have a damn good DL. Give them credit, they go all in for real every year. They fill holes with trades and free agency and do a brilliant job of accumulating draft picks and using them to get the players they want. They are not afraid to make bold moves. I love how they are willing to trade players for draft picks. They traded a top pass rusher, Haason Reddick, for a conditional 3rd round pick, which will mostly likely be a 2nd in 2024. It seems like the Eagles are always drafting twice in the early rounds.

The Eagles front office is so much smarter than Jethro and Gomer it is not even funny.
When you look at the starters, the Eagles and Jets look loaded but as ever it will come down to injuries and depth.