The Eagles secondary

Rayman70

Reaction score
The June 1 cuts by all 32 teams is where we must find a couple good players to come in here and help us.

bigdnlaca

Reaction score
Not only is their secondary looking pretty good this year but the Eagles also have a damn good DL. Give them credit, they go all in for real every year. They fill holes with trades and free agency and do a brilliant job of accumulating draft picks and using them to get the players they want. They are not afraid to make bold moves. I love how they are willing to trade players for draft picks. They traded a top pass rusher, Haason Reddick, for a conditional 3rd round pick, which will mostly likely be a 2nd in 2024. It seems like the Eagles are always drafting twice in the early rounds.

The Eagles front office is so much smarter than Jethro and Gomer it is not even funny.
Yes the secondary sounds good this year but they also sounded good last year as well with the addition to Byard. What happened?

Also, the Eagles have a good D-Line? Who do they have that will be an all-pro?

HanD

Reaction score
IMG_1483.jpeg.942338cb250f13cd627e26e3ff2816ff.jpeg

Evidently it translates
some of those guys took time to develop for sure. not sure we can say either way how he'll perform. that's player, scheme and opponent specific...but yeah small school doesn't always mean anything.

mcmvp

Reaction score
Yes the secondary sounds good this year but they also sounded good last year as well with the addition to Byard. What happened?

Also, the Eagles have a good D-Line? Who do they have that will be an all-pro?
Perhaps not this coming year, but Jalen Carter certainly has the potential

Creeper

Reaction score
When you look at the starters, the Eagles and Jets look loaded but as ever it will come down to injuries and depth.
It will come down to the QBs. If Rodgers as anything left, the Jets should be pretty good. With the Eagles it will be up to Hurts, but their defense might just be good enough to overcome Hurts or at least let the Eagles put him in a shell where he doesn't have to score 30 points every game.

Swagger

Reaction score
It will come down to the QBs. If Rodgers as anything left, the Jets should be pretty good. With the Eagles it will be up to Hurts, but their defense might just be good enough to overcome Hurts or at least let the Eagles put him in a shell where he doesn't have to score 30 points every game.
I think Hurts will play well next season. He played with injuries in a lot of games and he was in the MVP running until the Eagles capitulated during the final third of the season. I think Rodgers will play at an elite level if his body holds up.

FVSTONE

Reaction score
Them and Detroit were smart. They attacked their weakness. Judging from our draft I assume the Cowboys thought our Oline was the weakness…
This draft only proves why the Cowboys need a real GM!

Nova

Ntegrase96
Reaction score
Everyone agrees that drafting for need is a recipe for disaster.

Yet fans and talking heads grade drafts based on whether a team addressed needs or not.

AtlCPA

Reaction score
Not only is their secondary looking pretty good this year but the Eagles also have a damn good DL. Give them credit, they go all in for real every year. They fill holes with trades and free agency and do a brilliant job of accumulating draft picks and using them to get the players they want. They are not afraid to make bold moves. I love how they are willing to trade players for draft picks. They traded a top pass rusher, Haason Reddick, for a conditional 3rd round pick, which will mostly likely be a 2nd in 2024. It seems like the Eagles are always drafting twice in the early rounds.

The Eagles front office is so much smarter than Jethro and Gomer it is not even funny.
They had a great DL until Fletcher Cox left!

DallasDW00ds0n

Reaction score
Slay had a pretty solid season. The rest of their secondary was bad. Hence why they are looking to replace Bradberry and brought back CJGJ at S in free agency. If one of the rookies can play and supplant Bradberry, him and Slay isn't a bad combo.
Quite the opposite Slay was one of the worst rated starting corners in more than one metric. Bradberry was obviously even worse.

CowboysLakerBamaFan

Reaction score
Their 2ndary SUCKED last year.

Sure, they got 2 highly rated DBs at great value, but let's wait and see if they can at least be average first.

They were a total mess, and now have new coaching again. Could easily still be bad...just like adding Guyton and Boobie doesn't guarantee our oLine will be better

J12B

Reaction score
Them and Detroit were smart. They attacked their weakness. Judging from our draft I assume the Cowboys thought our Oline was the weakness…
They literally had one of the worst defenses and couldn't stop anyone in the 2nd half of the season.

Their rookies will have growing pains.

I don't expect their defense to be that much better.

Aven8

Reaction score
They literally had one of the worst defenses and couldn't stop anyone in the 2nd half of the season.

Their rookies will have growing pains.

I don't expect their defense to be that much better.
But they have the great Fangio now!…..