The effects of 10 years of a Garrett coached team

ondaedg

Reaction score
As a result of 10 years of Garrett's football philosophy, many Cowboys fans now think that:
  • Our Oline is supposed to pancake defenders on every play.
  • Kick and punt returns in the NFL don't happen anymore.
  • The only way to score a td is to drive 87 yards for it.
  • What's an INT and why do I care?
  • If the defensive lineman doesn't have 20 sacks then he is trash.
  • A scheme is knowing when to throw or run on first down.
  • Execution > coaching

What am I missing?

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Also add - Doesn’t matter if you’re BPA. If you ain’t RKG you ain’t playing or getting drafted.
RKG is a myth. I doubt even Garrett has an actual definition for it other than the ever tiring "comes to work every day and works hard to get better" cliche.

He probably heard RKG used by another successful coach and starting using it as his own buzzword for so long, he eventually started applying it to every guy the Cowboys drafted or signed as if it made them special or worthy in some way.

We fans have been trying to define RKG for years, but there has been no pattern to it except the one that includes the Cowboys not winning any Super Bowls or going deep in the playoffs with RKG players.

MojaveJT

Reaction score
RKG is a myth. I doubt even Garrett has an actual definition for it other than the ever tiring cliche, "comes to work every day and works hard to get better".

He probably heard RKG used by another successful coach and starting using it as his own buzzword for so long, he eventually started applying it to every guy the Cowboys drafted or signed as if it made them special or worthy in some way.

We fans have been trying to define RKG for years, but there has been no pattern to it except the one that includes the Cowboys not winning any Super Bowls or going deep in the playoffs with RKG players.

Exactly. I never bought into the stupid RKG ideology. Only Garrett would come up with chit like that.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
RKG is a myth. I doubt even Garrett has an actual definition for it other than the ever tiring cliche, "comes to work every day and works hard to get better".

How about those that tried to 'school everybody' about the 'proper definition' of RKG?

You don't hear much from them anymore.

Good times, good times...

DallasInDC

Reaction score

Its so true...Garrett is nothing more than a cliche regurgitator. Everye press conference is filled with his tired a.. Cliches.

fredp22

Reaction score
a field goal is as good as a TD
if you need to know anything about the team/game ask the owner- never the HC
our season is 16 games long. After that we watch the good teams fight it out for the sb
we dont understand home field advantage and feel its an overrated stat
the HC job during the game is to be quiet, clap, spit, tell us how many points to go for after a td

cowboyblue22

Reaction score
after ten years of garrett when u watch other teams play makes u wonder what league the cowboys are playing in the cowboys players look slower look lost are penalty ridden teams make more mistakes than a jr high school foot ball team

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
As a result of 10 years of Garrett's football philosophy, many Cowboys fans now think that:
  • Our Oline is supposed to pancake defenders on every play.
  • Kick and punt returns in the NFL don't happen anymore.
  • The only way to score a td is to drive 87 yards for it.
  • What's an INT and why do I care?
  • If the defensive lineman doesn't have 20 sacks then he is trash.
  • A scheme is knowing when to throw or run on first down.
  • Execution > coaching

What am I missing?

-Regular season record counts