The end of an incredible offensive line era is fast approaching

75boyz

Reaction score
I was and still am mad we didn’t take Slater. I like Parsons but I’ll never value a LB over an OL

Totally agree. Me neither. I made several previous posts comparing the impacts on wins and losses to THIS current roster.

A hand full agreed.

I would have traded up for Sewell. But then Slater was right there as a solid back up plan.

But neither.

The word is Parsons can play backup left tackle in a pinch though. Heck of a kick step I hear.

Fingers crossed.

75boyz

Reaction score
When Dak and Zeke were rookies the O line was at peak strength. We were beating teams down. Teams were terrible the week after they played us. We were young and hungry and physical. Then Jerry had to go out and collect some shiny new toys and give his favorite players the keys to the kitchen. Now the team is fat and overpaid and there is no real reason to hope for much at all.

Wholeheartedly agree.
Additionally, this whole offensive paradigm shift from dominant, mauling oline smash mouth TOP football to the now pass happy, big 12, fantasy, wannabe KC Chiefs style is gonna be exposed again.
They still start slow, don't know how to integrate an effective running game and are clueless in the red zone. Regardless of injuries, coach or quarterback.

And the supposed narrative of the offseason is get the defense back to mediocrity and the offense will carry them.

It's gonna be fun to read post game comments this year when those expectations aren't quite met yet again, lol

Fun times

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Try to follow along. I know this will be challenging, but I believe in you. Sometimes even the 7th ranked offensive player is still rated higher than the #1 rated defender. Let me illustrate an example for you. This is just an exercise to help you attempt to understand the concept. I will rate posters, with fictitious scores, and somewhat realistic groupings.

Non d-bag posters
1. Corso 9.2.
2. Bullflop 9.2
3. Dr Chicken 9.1
4. CWR 8.8
5. Anyonebutyou 8.6

D-bag poster
1. AbeBeta 8.2

So in this example you could select the 5th ranked non d-bag poster and he/she would still be ranked higher than the number 1 d-bag on this entire board. I hope that helps good buddy.
tenor.gif

Reactions: CWR

EJK24

Reaction score
Man its really tiresome...we all root for the same team....we all will have different opinions on it but we all can't agree on how to disagree with each other. Keep it civil. That's lost on some for some reason.

This is the exact reason I hardly post here.

If you have a difference in opinion, the same hand full of people here start b.s because somehow we haven't figured out that no one on this forum is an expert on anything at the NFL level. Somehow, people feel like they no better then anyone else, the professionals who do this for a living included. They have an opinion based on what they seen on YouTube or read from another writer and suddenly that's the end all.

Right now, with the draft just having past, it's about as bad as it gets. Pet cats or dudes they heard about from someone else are who we need and when they pick someone else, it's the worst pick they could make.

A difference in opinion is all these arguments tend to be, not based on much fact. We like/dislike different things and somehow that's not okay. It's crazy how many threads are a bunch of b.s. whining and complaining. I can't be bothered to keep up with half of it.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
Try to follow along. I know this will be challenging, but I believe in you. Sometimes even the 7th ranked offensive player is still rated higher than the #1 rated defender. Let me illustrate an example for you. This is just an exercise to help you attempt to understand the concept. I will rate posters, with fictitious scores, and somewhat realistic groupings.

Non d-bag posters
1. Corso 9.2.
2. Bullflop 9.2
3. Dr Chicken 9.1
4. CWR 8.8
5. Anyonebutyou 8.6

D-bag poster
1. AbeBeta 8.2

So in this example you could select the 5th ranked non d-bag poster and he/she would still be ranked higher than the number 1 d-bag on this entire board. I hope that helps good buddy.

Go look at just about every expert's board. All had Parson's higher than many of the guys who went before him. After you do that, pour yerself a big glass of shut up juice

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I would get more excited if this FO knew what kind of team they want to build. It seems like they just draft “good players” without much blueprint for what they are trying to make.
Yup

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
This article summarizes my opinion since day one. I am one for adding to the strength of what you do well. BUT... these oline choices must be well vetted high round worthy picks and not project reaches requiring seasoning and lots of coaching up.

The Cowboys have achieved this goal quite well.

They also acquired free agents and signed UDFAs who shined.

It is the ONE unit that this team has managed to draft/acquire, coach and develop from good to dominant levels over a long period of time.

As for the current state of the OL, I think Philbin is a decent coach.

But now, many here rrightfully question how much did all that high invested draft capital accomplish for the team in playoff wins and losses.

It's simple really. It's THE only thing that's managed to achieve Jerry's comfort level of relevance(ie, a perennial 7 to 9 win team)

In other words,
Let this OL continue its gradual decline or have another injury plagued season like last year and then convince me they are not THE central unit determining wins on this club.

For those that want to support defense, there is justification in your opinion. But THIS is NOT the team that is gonna have balance on both sides as recent articles referred to.

The only way will be to grind/maul or outscore opponents. The former was achieved with younger/dominant OL legs but No trophy. Now the latter should be tried I guess. IF health holds up. It's their only hope.
Players are less important than coaches. We can draft good player but it no good coachinh
Lol, it's all quoted from someone else's article.
Hmmmm...not I said the pig.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Players are less important than coaches. We can draft good player but it no good coachinh

Hmmmm...not I said the pig.
Why are you replying to me again on this post?
I thought we settled this in a back alley fight!

I won, by the way.

It's weird how much you looked like Van Damme though...

CWR

Reaction score
Go look at just about every expert's board. All had Parson's higher than many of the guys who went before him. After you do that, pour yerself a big glass of shut up juice

Lol, Abe! My petty little buddy, I'm thrilled we got Parsons. You don’t need to sell me. Now get off my lawn!