The end of "The Walking Dead"

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Thanks for that.

As a long-time reader, did it feel like a satisfying ending for you?

Good question.

On one hand the way it ended (technologically, most zombies long-gone, relative peace) made perfect sense.

On the other the ending was very abrupt. No one expected the comic was ending so suddenly.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Good question.

On one hand the way it ended (technologically, most zombies long-gone, relative peace) made perfect sense.

On the other the ending was very abrupt. No one expected the comic was ending so suddenly.

When I read that it was ending, it seemed sudden to me, so I wondered how it felt as a reader. And with it being so sudden I was curious as to whether that ending was satisfying or not.

DanteEXT

Reaction score
The ratings on "Fear" have continually dropped.

I believe the show is ending because the source of original material is now gone. The graphic novel ended with the "Commonwealth" arc which is the story of our cast of characters meeting up with citizens of a much, much larger community (or group of communities).

And that's how the TV series will end... With a similar situation.

Carol and Daryl are suppose to be going off on their own spinoff show.

My guess is they'll decline to be part of this much larger community and will take off on their own.

IMO that show will be like one of the old "Lassie" shows where they'll meet "a friend a week" kind of thing.

The only bits of Fear I have seen are what have been on commercials. Had zero interest in the show and I don't know why. I am intrigued by World Beyond so I may check it out. And the announced anthology series could be interesting if done correctly.

I never read the comics (well, I did get the first few a couple years ago in a Humble Bundle or something). Even without the source material the Walking Dead universe could hold some interesting stories.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The only bits of Fear I have seen are what have been on commercials. Had zero interest in the show and I don't know why. I am intrigued by World Beyond so I may check it out. And the announced anthology series could be interesting if done correctly.

I never read the comics (well, I did get the first few a couple years ago in a Humble Bundle or something). Even without the source material the Walking Dead universe could hold some interesting stories.

I have all 4 compendiums and look forward to re-reading them.