The excited fan vs. the realistic fan

cern

Reaction score
Can someone tell me, realistically, how healthy the team is going to be this year? Then I can tell you how, realistically, we will do.

And not just the Cowboys, how about the Eagles with Wentz?
wentz is showing the same predisposition for injuries as our own sean lee. wouldn't that be nice.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
the largest detriment to winning the big dance, imo, is the lackluster head coach. has been for years. we've seen what he has as a coach and it's not much. good motivator? seems to be. good at x's and 0's? clearly not. innovative or creative in his play calling? clearly not. does he know anything about defenses? clearly not. i'm hoping this is his last year.
Isn't this a strange circumstance most of the posters here find themselves in? Most want Garrett gone but most want a good season as well and the latter could be the undoing of their wishes.

What a weird season this is going to be. Every win will get Garrett closer to another contract so there is this bittersweet feeling the posters have about this season not shared by many other fans. Wanting the coach not renewed and the team to make it at least to the NFCCG makes us the most unusual fans in the league.

Toss in that it is not a given that Garrett is gone, under any circumstances, and even those wanting a bad season to get rid of him can't feel too good about it.

northerncowboynation

Reaction score
There comes a great barker, Jerry, who is perpetually expecting a Super Bowl. I love Jerry, but he is lost in mediocrity.
Some of you, too.
Blokes, goons, scholars, oafs ... You have every right to be optimistic. Yet
We are, realistically, a DT, a safety and a QB away from the Super Bowl.

Can you, assorted ruffians, offer honest views about your expectations in 2019??
Will ya?

10-6
1 and out in the playoffs.
Repeat in 2020.

I said 10-6 or 9-7 last year and I know we haven't been good at the two years in a row thing. On top of that there hasn't been a repeat NFC east winner in years. I say we buck both trends... 11-5. Tell me how Opey Moore is going to perform as an OC and I'll predict a playoff scenario. I'm not buying the boy genius schtick just yet. Didn't buy into him as a good backup either. He was Linehan's boy and I hope Linehan didn't rub off on the man

northerncowboynation

Reaction score
Isn't this a strange circumstance most of the posters here find themselves in? Most want Garrett gone but most want a good season as well and the latter could be the undoing of their wishes.

What a weird season this is going to be. Every win will get Garrett closer to another contract so there is this bittersweet feeling the posters have about this season not shared by many other fans. Wanting the coach not renewed and the team to make it at least to the NFCCG makes us the most unusual fans in the league.

Toss in that it is not a given that Garrett is gone, under any circumstances, and even those wanting a bad season to get rid of him can't feel too good about it.

I can imagine the threads if it's not at least a conference championship. Imagine wanting the team to lose just to get a new HC! Imagine losing and not getting a new HC!! Man, this site would go BERSERK!!! We are "unusual" for sure

This would absolutely kill some fans.... Moore sucks as an OC, JG takes over calling the plays and we win the Conference championship. I can see some fans slitting their wrists, jumping off cliffs, hooking a hose up and taking a carbon monoxide sniff!! Me? I may smoke a spliff

Last edited:

cern

Reaction score

I think it would take a super bowl win for garrett to stay. he's on Stephen's list.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I can imagine the threads if it's not at least a conference championship. Imagine wanting the team to lose just to get a new HC! Imagine losing and not getting a new HC!! Man, this site would go BERSERK!!! We are "unusual" for sure

I think there is a good chance that a failed season will cost Garrett his job. Having said that you bet I want to see this team win and win big this year, unlike many I don't have a problem with Garrett and if he can get this team to the show then you bet he will be deserving of getting an extension. If he fails and it cost him his job I will shed no tears over it because I will know 100% he was given every opportunity to get the job done yet failed.

northerncowboynation

Reaction score
I think there is a good chance that a failed season will cost Garrett his job. Having said that you bet I want to see this team win and win big this year, unlike many I don't have a problem with Garrett and if he can get this team to the show then you bet he will be deserving of getting an extension. If he fails and it cost him his job I will shed no tears over it because I will know 100% he was given every opportunity to get the job done yet failed.

Big old ditto to that Dooms!

northerncowboynation

Reaction score
the largest detriment to winning the big dance, imo, is the lackluster head coach. has been for years. we've seen what he has as a coach and it's not much. good motivator? seems to be. good at x's and 0's? clearly not. innovative or creative in his play calling? clearly not. does he know anything about defenses? clearly not. i'm hoping this is his last year.

I don't remember JG being all that bad as an OC at calling plays. Of course he did have Romo to lean on and make him look good didn't he. I do remember his clock management sucking however

GMO415

Reaction score
Fan is short for fanatic. Fanatics are emotional people. When emotions are high, rationale is low.

With that said, 10-6

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Is there ever going to come a point when the self-appointed Realists are actually realistic about things going into a season? Or is it always just going to be a euphemism for “dissatisfied with everything”?

Was going to post. Usually when one calls themself a "realist" it means more like "pessimistic".

Big_D

Reaction score
Too many fans like you are really comical, really it’s funny reading and listening to y’all complain about everything wins and losses. There’s nothing wrong with the owner, HC, or the QB. Y’all don’t know what a great coach is, . You think Jimmy was a great coach, haha he was a great motivator, and delegator. If he was so great what happened in Miami? I have been a Cowboys fan for 53yrs Landry was great, he didn’t win Super Bowls right out the gate and not did he win them on a regular basis, Yes we racked up a lot of wins which I am very proud to throw in any and everyone’s face. He was consistent it was easier back then simpler, you could say. I hated that we kept getting beat by the Steelers, but I don’t think Chuck Knoll was a great coach, not do I think Bradshaw was a great QB, he had what every QB needs a very good to great team/players around him and they were intelligent did their jobs, did not make bone headed plays at the wrong time. Coaches can only do so much, it’s more on the players to do their jobs

2 playoff wins in 4 years same amount as Garrett in 9. lmao

StarBoyz83

Reaction score
I never think superbowl but Dallas should for sure be a top 5 nfc team this year. See them going 10-6

CWR

Reaction score
There comes a great barker, Jerry, who is perpetually expecting a Super Bowl. I love Jerry, but he is lost in mediocrity.
Some of you, too.
Blokes, goons, scholars, oafs ... You have every right to be optimistic. Yet
We are, realistically, a DT, a safety and a QB away from the Super Bowl.

Can you, assorted ruffians, offer honest views about your expectations in 2019??
Will ya?

10-6
1 and out in the playoffs.
Repeat in 2020.

Theres only one thing left to do, win the whole f'ing thing. Lets go COWBOYS!

Joe Realist

No Kool-Aid here!
Reaction score
They have not shown they can be good 2 years in a row. First place schedule next season. It will be them and Eagles