The excited fan vs. the realistic fan

DandyDon52

Reaction score
There have been times during the long championship drought that they have been, for sure. The run from 2014 to the present, they've made a lot more good moves than bad.
well I will admit they have done better during that time, and have made some good moves, but they have still made some bad moves
during that period.
one was not letting romo start the last 2 games of 2016, if he gets hurt, they could go right back to dak, but if he doesnt and plays good.,
then he should start in the GB game, as he matched up better against GB than Dak.
I think it would have been awesome and maybe not one and done, if they start romo, and dak is bkup.
They really had nothing to lose doing it that way.
The next season would have been better with Romo, with the E suspension looming, which anyone with common sense knew
it was going to happen , no way he could avoid it, and with Romo they would have had a better passing game, so might
have made playoffs again, and if Tony gets hurt in comes dak, they dont have to worry.

The other thing is keeping JG, instead of getting a better HC and staff, they keep JG and replace 1 or 2 of the staff , expecting
that to make the team better.
And of course if they had or do get rid of JG then no guarantee they will get someone better.

I also see flaws in the blocking schemes for both pass and run plays, and receivers don't respond properly to
blitz or heavy rush on QB, they just run their normal routes.

Dallas has been in playoffs with a good team 3 times now in that period, and cant get past div round, so
They have problems, because they should have done better than that. Those are all missed opportunity's.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
...Dallas has been in playoffs with a good team 3 times now in that period, and cant get past div round, so
They have problems, because they should have done better than that. Those are all missed opportunity's.

This league is all about the quality of the players. I don't think anyone on the forum thought we had a better roster than the Rams going into 2018. The fact that they beat us isn't all that surprising, or it shouldn't be. I agree it was a missed opportunity, but it wasn't exactly an opportunity we should have expected to win. Just one we had a good chance to win. It's tough to be upset that they couldn't defy the odds.

Which is why teams need to get competitive and then hang around for those chances to defy the odds. Or, better yet, to get good enough that the odds are actually in their favor. Even when that happens, though, you still see the ball bounce the wrong way a lot. Like I said above, just ask the Saints. They had their hearts broken in 2017 v. Minnesota when they were probably the better team, and then had a Superbowl taken from them in 2018 by terrible officiating. Nobody is saying Sean Payton can't coach.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
This league is all about the quality of the players. I don't think anyone on the forum thought we had a better roster than the Rams going into 2018. The fact that they beat us isn't all that surprising, or it shouldn't be. I agree it was a missed opportunity, but it wasn't exactly an opportunity we should have expected to win. Just one we had a good chance to win. It's tough to be upset that they couldn't defy the odds.

Which is why teams need to get competitive and then hang around for those chances to defy the odds. Or, better yet, to get good enough that the odds are actually in their favor. Even when that happens, though, you still see the ball bounce the wrong way a lot. Like I said above, just ask the Saints. They had their hearts broken in 2017 v. Minnesota when they were probably the better team, and then had a Superbowl taken from them in 2018 by terrible officiating. Nobody is saying Sean Payton can't coach.
I agree with most of what you say, however I dont think the Rams had that much better of group of players, just better coaches.
And your right if dallas keeps getting in the playoffs, their chances of going further improve.
But in that regard I think coaching will still be the reason they dont get to and or win a SB.
I am thinking they might make it to a championship game.
But luck plays a part, maybe they make it to champ game, and in previous game the other team lost their starting qb and 2 off linemen and
a defensive star, so cowboys beat them.

And I dont get upset if they lose, or expect them to win any game in playoff series, but just saying Garrett got there 3 times
recently with good teams, once with romo and a whole different team, and the results were all the same, lose in Div round
If Garrett were a good coach, I would think he could have taken one of those teams further, or all the way to SB, and I wont even say win the
SB, because I dont see him beating NE in a SB and I think it was Denver in 2014? they had a killer defense that year.

and on S payton , he is a good coach, but he makes mistakes too, I think he threw too much and didnt run enough.
Any time you let the other team remain close, or ahead you can lose the game on a bad call, that is part of football.
In the playoffs refs tend to not call things they would in the season.
To me that is just payback for the bounty bowl tactic used back when they stole the SB game from brett farve and curt warner by
playing dirty.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Let us pray.

Look, louts, if stating we need a QB, a safety and a DT to reach our perpetual goals is against the party line, speak up!

Last edited: