The faulty premise that a slightly upgraded or average D will take us to the playoffs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
he is mario andretti of bus drivers.....he made a bus hummm, like nobody's business
EvuM.gif

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
To think that our Boys, with a good offence led by the Bus Driver Dak, needs only to have a slightly better D to succeed is ludicrous.

Yes, let us match up with a team with a great offence and a good D. Guess what happens.

Meanwhile, we are happy just to wish for an upgrade on D so we can compete,

I am not saying don't be optimistic, me fellow workaday fans. What I do caution against is believing that 6 defencive picks in the draft and several in FA will take us far or anywhere.

Hope for the best, me dewey-eyed fans, but don't just yet start planning yer Super Bowl party with banners that proclaim we are better than the 49ers, Green Bay, the Cards or Washington in the NFC or KC or 5 other AFC teams.

An almost-there D wont do it.

Hollah and brings me a dollah!

The same bus driver that averaged 37 po
To think that our Boys, with a good offence led by the Bus Driver Dak, needs only to have a slightly better D to succeed is ludicrous.

Yes, let us match up with a team with a great offence and a good D. Guess what happens.

Meanwhile, we are happy just to wish for an upgrade on D so we can compete,

I am not saying don't be optimistic, me fellow workaday fans. What I do caution against is believing that 6 defencive picks in the draft and several in FA will take us far or anywhere.

Hope for the best, me dewey-eyed fans, but don't just yet start planning yer Super Bowl party with banners that proclaim we are better than the 49ers, Green Bay, the Cards or Washington in the NFC or KC or 5 other AFC teams.

An almost-there D wont do it.

Hollah and brings me a dollah!

Cowboys make the playoffs even with last years D.

Big_D

Reaction score
I think the more realistic approach would be next season, gives some young defenders time to develop and I expect them to be more active in FA for that reason. After the D we watched last year a deep playoff run seems pretty far fetched.. but not impossible. I’m still looking to 22, 23?where hopefully this team is clicking on all cylinders!

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
As long as I have your attention it is worthwhile.

There are some (such as you) who can't wait, like a mean girl with arms akimbo, to chime in.
Build your own post/thread, then, and tell us the way it really is, Karen.
LOL... you must have been neglected as a child...don't worry. I will give you special attention

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
I think the more realistic approach would be next season, gives some young defenders time to develop and I expect them to be more active in FA for that reason. After the D we watched last year a deep playoff run seems pretty far fetched.. but not impossible. I’m still looking to 22, 23?where hopefully this team is clicking on all cylinders!
the revamping of the D is at least a 2 year project. multiple new players. new coach. several rookies. new scheme. it will take some time to jell. then by year end we should know what's working, what's not, who is working out and who is not, so we can go in FA and draft filling in some gaps... these players will be on 42 different pages to start the season, so I am looking to see how they jell, how quinn will add to the playbook and see improvements.....I doubt if they will be historically bad....

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
That is creepy.
Are you a registered offender?
Please leave me alone, Creepy Chap.
sorry, I thought you wanted attention given you post about Dak. repeating the same thing, same way and create an unnecessary thread about the samething that has been hashed at least 100,000 over....and you said you want my attention.... so you got my attention...I will here to help you with your psychological issues....

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
sorry, I thought you wanted attention given you post about Dak. repeating the same thing, same way and create an unnecessary thread about the samething that has been hashed at least 100,000 over....and you said you want my attention.... so you got my attention...I will here to help you with your psychological issues....

You are creepy.

Turk

Reaction score
The same bus driver that averaged 37 po

Cowboys make the playoffs even with last years D.
I could care less about slipping into the playoffs as the last seed waiting to get wasted in the first round. Clearly that is enough for you. Not for me.

Your god Dak did not do all the well against the better D's he has faced so this claim of yours about 37 points a game meaning much is a joke.

I care about winning another Lombardi.

NOTHING LESS.

And until we have a near top 10 D we ain't going to sniff one no matter what you think your God will accomplish.

plasticman

Reaction score
I have done a lot of comparison research on the attributes of a Super Bowl champion. I have discovered that a team doesn't necessarily need a dominant defense, they need an opportunistic one.

Super Bowl champion defenses create turnovers. They may not necessarily stop an offense, they will limit scoring with timely interceptions and fumble recoveries. I'm not talking specifically about the game, I mean the entire season in general.

Super Bowl defenses will generally rank higher in point prevention than yards prevention, in some cases the difference is even extreme.. The Chiefs defense in 2019 ranked 17th in yards against, 7th in points against. The previous champions, the Patriots, ranked 21st in yards against, 7th in points against. The Saints defense in 2009 was ranked 25th in yards, 20th in points but they had the #1 offense both in yards and points. Most of these are examples of extreme separation but almost every championship team is separated by at least a few places where the points against are ranked higher.

Such a defense also relies on the point production of their offense. The pressure to score causes opponents to gamble more and make mistakes. If the offense has matured to the point where they can score early, the defense will fair much better. in any case, Dak will impact the effectiveness of the defense.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I could care less about slipping into the playoffs as the last seed waiting to get wasted in the first round. Clearly that is enough for you. Not for me.

Your god Dak did not do all the well against the better D's he has faced so this claim of yours about 37 points a game meaning much is a joke.

I care about winning another Lombardi.

NOTHING LESS.

And until we have a near top 10 D we ain't going to sniff one no matter what you think your God will accomplish.
So you agree we need a top 10 defense? There ya go........baby steps.

As far as the rest of your rant, you must be talking to someone else.

Playmaker3128

Reaction score
I think a middle of the pack defense can help.... it only if we have one that forces turnovers. When we had Byron we had seasons in the top half of the league in D.... but we didn’t cause enough turnovers.

We can win the turnover battle and get our o extra possessions we could be dangerous.

Frozen700

Reaction score
so he lucked into being the 2nd in passing yards in 19 and 1st by a mile in first 5 games of 20. and one of the lowest interception rates, highest rated and best deep pass throwers...just pure luck.

yeah, you know a lot about NFL QB play...NOT

It's cool, I don't take what you all say personal. Or seriously

Most of you who say things like this, don't know any better, just how to Jump up and down and cheer.

I can send you a link to about 3 different sports forum, that discuss sports in general and not just cowboys.

I can make a bet if you make a thread, talking the way you talk about Dak, you would get laughed out of there, then you'd come back here and say how they are idiots and don't know football.

Are you willing to take the bet, and you make new accounts and post on them, send the link here and let's watch the results. Game?

Chuck 54

Reaction score
Too many fans are looking at our first game and whining that we are not good enough.
There is always a paper lion every year.
It’s a long season. There’s no guarantee that TB even makes the playoffs. In my opinion, it’s Dallas vs Washington for the East, and with a healthy OL, I chose Dallas as the divisional champs. It’s a new season, and anything can happen. The Cowboys can beat any team in the NFL on any given Sunday.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
So you decide to chime in, take up space and tell us?
Go back to your bait stand and sell more dead and skinny night crawlers.
Croakers are the bait of choice this time of year. That and live shrimp which always works. But the thing with shrimp of you catch a lot of trash fish.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Croakers are the bait of choice this time of year. That and live shrimp which always works. But the thing with shrimp of you catch a lot of trash fish.

look, chap, I am not in it for the nutrition as much as the thrill of victory and impressing the library lady. She says I look marvelous catching fish in me bow tie and sailor hat.

Status
Not open for further replies.