The faulty premise that a slightly upgraded or average D will take us to the playoffs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
look, chap, I am not in it for the nutrition as much as the thrill of victory and impressing the library lady. She says I look marvelous catching fish in me bow tie and sailor hat.
Damn, give her my number then if you dare. I’ll show her how it’s really done.

Kwyn

Reaction score
To think that our Boys, with a good offence led by the Bus Driver Dak, needs only to have a slightly better D to succeed is ludicrous.

Yes, let us match up with a team with a great offence and a good D. Guess what happens.

Meanwhile, we are happy just to wish for an upgrade on D so we can compete,

I am not saying don't be optimistic, me fellow workaday fans. What I do caution against is believing that 6 defencive picks in the draft and several in FA will take us far or anywhere.

Hope for the best, me dewey-eyed fans, but don't just yet start planning yer Super Bowl party with banners that proclaim we are better than the 49ers, Green Bay, the Cards or Washington in the NFC or KC or 5 other AFC teams.

An almost-there D wont do it.

Hollah and brings me a dollah!
Thanks Eeyore

blueblood70

Reaction score
To think that our Boys, with a good offence led by the Bus Driver Dak, needs only to have a slightly better D to succeed is ludicrous.

Yes, let us match up with a team with a great offence and a good D. Guess what happens.

Meanwhile, we are happy just to wish for an upgrade on D so we can compete,

I am not saying don't be optimistic, me fellow workaday fans. What I do caution against is believing that 6 defencive picks in the draft and several in FA will take us far or anywhere.

Hope for the best, me dewey-eyed fans, but don't just yet start planning yer Super Bowl party with banners that proclaim we are better than the 49ers, Green Bay, the Cards or Washington in the NFC or KC or 5 other AFC teams.

An almost-there D wont do it.

Hollah and brings me a dollah!

please speak English, this was hard to read..

not faulty,

we won 6 games with horrible defense and backup offense , premise is Dak and the offense started off 1-4 mostly because of bad defense they scored a lot, defense was the issue, those were playoff teams we lost two go from bottom five to middle of the pack say lower final scores needing to win by 5 points, we start out 4-1 last season ..

so its easy to see us winning 3-4 more games then last season just with better defense and our starting offense back..so going from 6 to 10 wins in this division is not a faulty preimse..it makes sense..

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
You are creepy.
I am here to help you. regardless of your illogic, rants, attention grabing approach....there is a deep rooted issues you fight to hide. but you haven't been able to.... I have helped several on this board deal with their issues. I can help you too. you have problems....I can help

Turk

Reaction score

not faulty,

we won 6 games with horrible defense and backup offense , premise is Dak and the offense started off 1-4 mostly because of bad defense they scored a lot, defense was the issue, those were playoff teams we lost two go from bottom five to middle of the pack say lower final scores needing to win by 5 points, we start out 4-1 last season ..

so its easy to see us winning 3-4 more games then last season just with better defense and our starting offense back..so going from 6 to 10 wins in this division is not a faulty preimse..it makes sense..
Lots of teams score well early in the season and proceed to tail off badly as the year goes by and defenses improve.
So many here are only after making it to the playoffs. I want a Lombardi. It is going to take a much better D to accomplish that.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
It's cool, I don't take what you all say personal. Or seriously

Most of you who say things like this, don't know any better, just how to Jump up and down and cheer.

I can send you a link to about 3 different sports forum, that discuss sports in general and not just cowboys.

I can make a bet if you make a thread, talking the way you talk about Dak, you would get laughed out of there, then you'd come back here and say how they are idiots and don't know football.

Are you willing to take the bet, and you make new accounts and post on them, send the link here and let's watch the results. Game?
oh, so I bring up facts backed by actual stats and your response is "I don't know what I am talking about", yet perhaps you are probably one of those that does the "eye test" thingy.....and because you "eye test" is sooooo goooooood, we should all just listen because hey no body knows better than you....too funny none of us know anything according to you....not the FO people in the NFL who think Dak is good. none of the analysts most of whom former NFL pros and all pros...none of them knows anything...but you do!!! ooookkk then....

PM me your address. I will buy a copy of football for dummies from amazon and send it to you as a gift...then we can begin your training and education.....start you with the very basics...I am a good teacher. a patient teacher. we will figure out your learning style. I will take it slow and ensure we build your foundation.....and we build on that.....seriously...let me know. book is on me....

Last edited:

blueblood70

Reaction score
Lots of teams score well early in the season and proceed to tail off badly as the year goes by and defenses improve.
So many here are only after making it to the playoffs. I want a Lombardi. It is going to take a much better D to accomplish that.

going from bottom five to middle of the pack would be hinge jump and will support the premise that will turn into more wins with our offense..thats the point of the thread..

again, do i studder? with an improved defense and our starting offense its easy to see 3-4 game improvement over last year..

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
I could care less about slipping into the playoffs as the last seed waiting to get wasted in the first round. Clearly that is enough for you. Not for me.

Your god Dak did not do all the well against the better D's he has faced so this claim of yours about 37 points a game meaning much is a joke.

I care about winning another Lombardi.

NOTHING LESS.

And until we have a near top 10 D we ain't going to sniff one no matter what you think your God will accomplish.
that needing top 10 D is pretty much true for all QBs who succeeded.........so what's your point?

and dude, I think you are taking this a little too personal...."God"...really? no really you said that? its football. its entertainment.....its not life and death so a little perspective would be good

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score

not faulty,

started 2-3...and you are right. we played first few games against 3 playoff teams and lost close games, mostly due to historically bad defense that was giving up 37+ points a game and in the first 5 games gave up a 300 yard rushing and 200 yard rushing....I bet none of these pundits can show one team in history of NFL that won a game when the defense gave up 200+ yards rushing....

Frozen700

Reaction score
oh, so I bring up facts backed by actual stats and your response is "I don't know what I am talking about", yet perhaps you are probably one of those that does the "eye test" thingy.....and because you "eye test" is sooooo goooooood, we should all just listen because hey no body knows better than you....too funny none of us know anything according to you....not the FO people in the NFL who think Dak is good. none of the analysts most of whom former NFL pros and all pros...none of them knows anything...but you do!!! ooookkk then....

PM me your address. I will buy a copy of football for dummies from amazon and send it to you as a gift...then we can begin your training and education.....start you with the very basics...I am a good teacher. a patient teacher. we will figure out your learning style. I will take it slow and ensure we build your foundation.....and we build on that.....seriously...let me know. book is on me....

Yeah thought so, just a bunch of ramble, because you know you'd get embarrassed talking like this about Dak off this site.

This is your comfort zone. Tough inside of a box.

Like I said you proved my point by dancing around the bet. Done with you

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Yeah thought so, just a bunch of ramble, because you know you'd get embarrassed talking like this about Dak off this site.

This is your comfort zone. Tough inside of a box.

Like I said you proved my point by dancing around the bet. Done with you
oh, send it to me.... not embarrassed one bit....

wow, didn't think you had such immature mentality. I incorrectly took you for someone more mature than this... you are giving clues into you psyche with every post. so please continue posting

now, send me you address (PM) and I will send you the book.... on me as I said. seriously........we need to raise the level of your game given all you have done to this point is talk about anything but actual football. (another clue to your psyche)...

we will fix you...no worries...

RonnieT24

Reaction score
started 2-3...and you are right. we played first few games against 3 playoff teams and lost close games, mostly due to historically bad defense that was giving up 37+ points a game and in the first 5 games gave up a 300 yard rushing and 200 yard rushing....I bet none of these pundits can show one team in history of NFL that won a game when the defense gave up 200+ yards rushing....

Actually if I'm not mistaken we lost to the Ravens back in 2012 or 2013 despite rushing for over 200 yards. I believe it was the infamous "Garrett iced his own kicker" game when Bailey missed a 50+ yarder at the end which would have won it.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Actually if I'm not mistaken we lost to the Ravens back in 2012 or 2013 despite rushing for over 200 yards. I believe it was the infamous "Garrett iced his own kicker" game when Bailey missed a 50+ yarder at the end which would have won it.
wasn't the ice game against arizona...where the kicker made the kick, but timeout was called and then he missed the re-kick....

but you are right, we did rush for over 200, held the ball for 40 minutes and lost...I guess there is no substitute for idiot coaching....... this speaks more to Garrett's idiocy and lack of coaching prowess than anything else...how can you rush for 200, have 40 minute TOP advantage and lose the game. it should be impossible

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I still think that's an unfair characterization (Garrett iced the kicker). Garrett didn't randomly call the timeout, he heard a coach or coaches yelling that the play clock was about to expire, and given that it was already a long kick he didn't want to run the risk of being backed up 5 more yards. That's why he called the timeout.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
I still think that's an unfair characterization (Garrett iced the kicker). Garrett didn't randomly call the timeout, he heard a coach or coaches yelling that the play clock was about to expire, and given that it was already a long kick he didn't want to run the risk of being backed up 5 more yards. That's why he called the timeout.
I used to think that and tried to defend it that way, but its called incompetence.....if he made that mistake or his coaches (which he is responsible for), then coaching is at fault.....and he is the head coach...as the head coach (or manager in any organization), you are responsible for the outcome even if someone under you made the mistake...

Frozen700

Reaction score
oh, send it to me.... not embarrassed one bit....

wow, didn't think you had such immature mentality. I incorrectly took you for someone more mature than this... you are giving clues into you psyche with every post. so please continue posting

now, send me you address (PM) and I will send you the book.... on me as I said. seriously........we need to raise the level of your game given all you have done to this point is talk about anything but actual football. (another clue to your psyche)...

we will fix you...no worries...

https://boxden.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16

https://www.city-data.com/forum/pro-football/

Reddit.com

Do those, sign up. Make a thread about Dak, and your opinion on him, you know how you praise him on here.

Post the link. Let's see the response's.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
I used to think that and tried to defend it that way, but its called incompetence.....if he made that mistake or his coaches (which he is responsible for), then coaching is at fault.....and he is the head coach...as the head coach (or manager in any organization), you are responsible for the outcome even if someone under you made the mistake...

Yeah I think I did conflate the AZ timeout game with the Ravens 200+ yards rushing loss game. However Garrett's idiotic game management was very much on display in that game.. After we recovered the onside kick the play calling was typical Garrett.. We had run for over 200 yards but after the PI got us into 50 yard FG range we throw a 1 yard pass and then run the clock down instead of trying to advance and make it a higher percentage kick.. Instead Garrett settled for the 51 yarder which missed.. And only by a hair as I recall.. Had we simply run it for 2-3 more yards we probably hit the FG and win the game.

Doomsday101

Reaction score

Just the fact special teams coach was running down the sideline hollering timeout so Garrett called the timeout. People claiming he iced his kicker is small minded

Status
Not open for further replies.