Article: The First Commercial Brain Computer Interface Is Entering Human Trials

dsturgeon

Reaction score
As the second guy to post in this thread, I do know what inconceivable means, thank you! It means that someone is sterile... they can't conceive. Thus they are inconceivable! :lmao:

that is indubitable

rags747

Reaction score
Musk has been saying for awhile that we are basically already Cyborgs with the computer (phone) at the end of your arm. I follow Neuralink vids on YouTube, having all of that computer power implanted vs at the end of your arm would make a world of difference. Superhumans coming right up, Exciting times…

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
They're putting a chip into someone so they can operate a prosthetic limb. That person can't use the chip to access the net and the net can't be used to access the chip. The people who actually think robots will take over or people will be able to hack someone's brain are just crazy. Neither of those things will ever happen. Mankind has a better chance of building a new Earth out of astroids then robots taking over.
:omg:

nobody

Reaction score
They're putting a chip into someone so they can operate a prosthetic limb. That person can't use the chip to access the net and the net can't be used to access the chip. The people who actually think robots will take over or people will be able to hack someone's brain are just crazy. Neither of those things will ever happen. Mankind has a better chance of building a new Earth out of astroids then robots taking over.
:omg:

While it is extremely unlikely it is more possible than you realize. They can already alter thought patterns using just magnetic fields. (Read up on Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation.) They can already start directing some of the actions of animals with electrodes and chips in their brains.

I think we're a long way from sentient computers and robots if that's even possible at all...but as far as hacking people? That is possible to a degree already and will be more possible if things progress as they are.

As far as something using the net and the net not being able to access the chip? That's a fallacy. Internet usage requires some level of access. It's built into the structure of the net. Packets of information have to be send and received. We wouldn't have had so many tech ideas (including military) stolen from China if it was possible to be on the net with only one way access. Someone always finds a way. There is no foolproof way to connect to the internet and be 100% safe.

All that being said I find it unlikely that people will be taken over, especially by robots. To discount the possibility though is sort of silly to anyone who researches what they're already learning to do with technology right now.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
While it is extremely unlikely it is more possible than you realize. They can already alter thought patterns using just magnetic fields. (Read up on Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation.) They can already start directing some of the actions of animals with electrodes and chips in their brains.

I think we're a long way from sentient computers and robots if that's even possible at all...but as far as hacking people? That is possible to a degree already and will be more possible if things progress as they are.

As far as something using the net and the net not being able to access the chip? That's a fallacy. Internet usage requires some level of access. It's built into the structure of the net. Packets of information have to be send and received. We wouldn't have had so many tech ideas (including military) stolen from China if it was possible to be on the net with only one way access. Someone always finds a way. There is no foolproof way to connect to the internet and be 100% safe.

All that being said I find it unlikely that people will be taken over, especially by robots. To discount the possibility though is sort of silly to anyone who researches what they're already learning to do with technology right now.
I think what he's saying is that the chip only interacts with the body parts, like CCTV.

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score

I highly doubt they can alter thought patterns. Is more than likely used as a stimulate to make the brain produce certain chemicals.

If they could alter thought patterns the government would mandate convicted rapist, pedophiles and violent criminals be treated before being paroled.

nobody

Reaction score
I highly doubt they can alter thought patterns. Is more than likely used as a stimulate to make the brain produce certain chemicals.

If they could alter thought patterns the government would mandate convicted rapist, pedophiles and violent criminals be treated before being paroled.

https://www.camh.ca/en/health-info/.../repetitive-transcranial-magnetic-stimulation

They're literally changing the way neurons fire with it. That's changing thought patterns not through chemical production but chemicals are involved because that's how neurons work. That's just one link. There are hundreds more out there.

They're also learning to better "read" what someone is thinking in a general way through scans. That's the first step in altering. Again, I'm not saying they will do it or can do it soon, but that's where technology is heading.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

They can definitely alter thought patterns with magnetism. They can't control them, but they can alter them. It's like being able to make someone move his hands with electricity. They can't make him shuffle a deck of cards, but they can make his hands spasm.

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
They can definitely alter thought patterns with magnetism. They can't control them, but they can alter them. It's like being able to make someone move his hands with electricity. They can't make him shuffle a deck of cards, but they can make his hands spasm.
That's just stimulation. A thought pattern is... the guy who thinks 9 year old little girls are sexy. A thought pattern is... homeless people need to be enslaved. So it's not changing thought patterns it's just interacting with someone nervous system. Inducing a neurological response and actually changing someone's thought patterns is a big, big difference. Because a thought pattern is someone's personal point of view. So when he says they're changing thought patterns that's like forcing someone to stop being a pessimist this season and making them be an optimist.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Personally, I will be a little miffed if this conspiracy gains grassroots traction. Next thing you know, bionics technology will get shelved.

That won't be right I tell ya. I'm growing old. One day my hearing will go kaput. I WANT A BIONIC EAR IMPLANT DANG IT! :mad:

dsturgeon

Reaction score
Are we even positive thoughts come from the brain?

My computer processor can do aot of things, but it does not makeup the commands and functions. It can make imputed data visual and into audio with the help of other computer organs, but it doesn't make its own thoughts

dsturgeon

Reaction score
I believe the eyes process frequencies and our brain turns it into images. If you can manipulate that system your brain should see imputed data. If it is true they can put sounds into people's head, which I have read about, there is another way

If that is the case and extending on that premise, you could manipulate people like the news does already through censoring/providing specific data, lying, also by abuse, torture etc. And change thought patterns and actions. Along with manipulating emotions with frequency which also changes thought patterns

We are at the start of frequency technology

Last edited:

dsturgeon

Reaction score
If you bypass the eyes and ears to input data, the matrix chip/computer upload idea does not seem that crazy

nobody

Reaction score
Personally, I will be a little miffed if this conspiracy gains grassroots traction. Next thing you know, bionics technology will get shelved.

That won't be right I tell ya. I'm growing old. One day my hearing will go kaput. I WANT A BIONIC EAR IMPLANT DANG IT! :mad:

cochlear implants are safe. lol I want ocular implants if my vision gets much worse.

rags747

Reaction score

Not possible today, but forever is a long time. Just look at the advancements in the past 100/200 years. 100 years from now will be vastly different from today, would love to see it.

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
Not possible today, but forever is a long time. Just look at the advancements in the past 100/200 years. 100 years from now will be vastly different from today, would love to see it.
Never. God won't allow it. Kind of like stem cell research. God won't allow it to go to far.