Article: The First Commercial Brain Computer Interface Is Entering Human Trials

dsturgeon

Reaction score
Never. God won't allow it. Kind of like stem cell research. God won't allow it to go to far.

in 2020 there were 42.6million somethings done, the leading cause of death. I can't imagine the Moloch, Ba'al, Quetzalcoatl, Egyptian, Babylonian, Assyrian, Aztec, Mayan, Sumerian, etc sacrificial totals came anywhere near that. "Life is in the blood", I do not speak for him, but I can't imagine stem cells being on a different level than blood drinking/sacrifice etc.

As to the corruption of the human genome/body, it has happened and is documented, creating monstrosities, mighty men of old. Here in the U.S. you can find newspaper articles and pictures in the 1800s from doctors, lawyers, scientists, of skeletons of 8, 10, 15 ft giants. Mounds and structures that history says comes from Indians, but their history says otherwise.

Events of the last few years show that people will line up out of fear to medically alter their body. I do not know the future, but I can see new mighty men of technology happening and it being allowed.

Last edited:

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
in 2020 there were 42.6million somethings done, the leading cause of death. I can't imagine the Moloch, Ba'al, Quetzalcoatl, Egyptian, Babylonian, Assyrian, Aztec, Mayan, Sumerian, etc sacrificial totals came anywhere near that. "Life is in the blood", I do not speak for him, but I can't imagine stem cells being on a different level than blood drinking/sacrifice etc.

As to the corruption of the human genome/body, it has happened and is documented, creating monstrosities, mighty men of old. Here in the U.S. you can find newspaper articles and pictures in the 1800s from doctors, lawyers, scientists, of skeletons of 8, 10, 15 ft giants. Mounds and structures that history says comes from Indians, but their history says otherwise.

Events of the last few years show that people will line up out of fear to medically alter their body. I do not know the future, but I can see new mighty men of technology happening and it being allowed.
Giantism is a real thing, but USA today and National Geographic say the giant skeleton remains are a hoax. Hoaxes always get exposed sooner or later. Crop circles and crystal skulls are two of the more infamous hoaxes of my time.

And how the heck does 42.6 million abortions lead to a real life Winter Soldier? I know, you're trying to say that if God allows those things to happen then why not cyborgs? What I'm saying is there are certain things that mankind wasn't meant to know. And there are certain things mankind wasn't meant to do. Moderate success in those areas is all they can hope for. God won't allow it to be a full fledge thing.

So my beliefs and your beliefs vary. Only time will tell the truth.

dsturgeon

Reaction score
Giantism is a real thing, but USA today and National Geographic say the giant skeleton remains are a hoax. Hoaxes always get exposed sooner or later. Crop circles and crystal skulls are two of the more infamous hoaxes of my time.

And how the heck does 42.6 million abortions lead to a real life Winter Soldier? I know, you're trying to say that if God allows those things to happen then why not cyborgs? What I'm saying is there are certain things that mankind wasn't meant to know. And there are certain things mankind wasn't meant to do. Moderate success in those areas is all they can hope for. God won't allow it to be a full fledge thing.

So my beliefs and your beliefs vary. Only time will tell the truth.

Giant origin is yours to choose, but I don't choose to believe usa today and national geographic.

"And whereas thou sawest iron mixed with miry clay, they shall mingle themselves with the seed of men: but they shall not cleave one to another, even as iron is not mixed with clay." I am not saying this refers to cyborgs, but it is interesting. Clay humans, maybe Iron machines. It might not get to full movie cyborgs, but you can see the goal being there, or transhumanism in general, because that has always been the goal.

But, And the LORD said, Behold, the people is one, and they have all one language; and this they begin to do: and now nothing will be restrained from them, which they have imagined to do. You can take google translate and go have conversations in pretty much any language, or math/computer language, it is interesting path to think about. Language is almost back from Babel, and imaginations are great

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
Mankind's imagination first appeared when Neanderthals begin to sharpen their clubs so they could stab their prey instead of clubbing it to death. Mankind has always used their imagination to explain the unexplainable. For instance, they didn't know where lightening came from so they made up the god of thunder Zues. Now what stories do you think mankind made up to explain an exploding meteorite. They didn't know that the astroid belt existed and they didn't know what a meteorite was. That's why meteorites are still refered to as falling stars to this day. They thought they were real live stars falling out of exsistance. So all of the Greek gods are lies told to one another to explain the unexplainable to one another. True or false? Just because something was written 3,000 years ago doesn't make it true. Because mankind's imagination existed back then too.

Even in today's world we see mankind making up things to explain the unexplainable. The big bang theory, ancient astronaut theories, dark energy and Darwinism, just to name a few. So some of the people we might call scholars are indeed just fabricators. So the many languages the mankind speaks come from our very own imaginations. Group A developed their language without interacting with Group B. And vise versa. Because they lived in different parts of the world. So Group A's language is completely different from Group B's.

Every individual human being has to decide for themselves which storyline to believe in when it comes to our creation and evolution. Every individual human being has to decide for themselves which one of the prophets they will abide by, if any. So to those that think a computer chip will take away mankind's freedom of choice, I say it will never happen. Mankind will revolt before they give up their freedom of choice.

Last edited:

dsturgeon

Reaction score
Mankind's imagination first appeared when Neanderthals begin to sharpen their clubs so they could stab their prey instead of clubbing it to death. Mankind has always used their imagination to explain the unexplainable. For instance, they didn't know where lightening came from so they made up the god of thunder Zues. Now what stories do you think mankind made up to explain an exploding meteorite. They didn't know that the astroid belt existed and they didn't know what a meteorite was. That's why meteorites are still refered to as falling stars to this day. They thought they were real live stars falling out of exsistance. So all of the Greek gods are lies told to one another to explain the unexplainable to one another. True or false? Just because something was written 3,000 years ago doesn't make it true. Because mankind's imagination existed back then too.

Even in today's world we see mankind making up things to explain the unexplainable. The big bang theory, ancient astronaut theories, dark energy and Darwinism, just to name a few. So some of the people we might call scholars are indeed just fabricators. So the many languages the mankind speaks come from our very own imaginations. Group A developed their language without interacting with Group B. And vise versa. Because they lived in different parts of the world. So Group A's language is completely different from Group B's.

Every individual human being has to decide for themselves which storyline to believe in when it comes to our creation and evolution. Every individual human being has to decide for themselves which one of the prophets they will abide by, if any. So to those that think a computer chip will take away mankind's freedom of choice, I say it will never happen. Mankind will revolt before they give up their freedom of choice.

All of mankind no, but some yes. There is a whole generation of children, who will happily give it up in the future to become ironman, the winter soldier, or whatever transhuman they like. In the last two years for the first time in the history of the U.S. people gave up their freedom to work when they want, go where they want, and make their own medical decisions. Freedom of choice has been taken from China with computer chips, and revolt is not happening

dsturgeon

Reaction score
Surprised some posts were allowed to stay.

it is not really any different than the telescope thread where talk of a telescope expanded from one point in all directions into theories and life beliefs about the origins of all things

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
it is not really any different than the telescope thread where talk of a telescope expanded from one point in all directions into theories and life beliefs about the origins of all things
If those posts broached a subject that isn't allowed, I'm surprised they're allowed to stay too.

dsturgeon

Reaction score

International Committee of the Red Cross. This stuff is happening right now including chip/computer/human transhumanism

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

International Committee of the Red Cross. This stuff is happening right now including chip/computer/human transhumanism

1:09 - 1:20 mark of video:

"If we enhance ourselves such that we are no longer the same as we are now, are we still human?
This has an important potential impact in terms of warface and military practice. Because if our enemies see us as no longer human, then they might be treating us quite differently."

Throughout time to the present day, militaries have treated civilians--young, old, rich, poor, women, children--thoughtlessly as collateral damage. With that in mind, what hypothetical ethical considerations should be taken seriously if an enemy sees an 'enhanced soldier' as sub-human? That has often been the case anyway. Why should an enhanced human being suddenly be the reason why ethics are re-written when present ethics are ignored?

dsturgeon

Reaction score
1:09 - 1:20 mark of video:

"If we enhance ourselves such that we are no longer the same as we are now, are we still human?
This has an important potential impact in terms of warface and military practice. Because if our enemies see us as no longer human, then they might be treating us quite differently."

Throughout time to the present day, militaries have treated civilians--young, old, rich, poor, women, children--thoughtlessly as collateral damage. With that in mind, what hypothetical ethical considerations should be taken seriously if an enemy sees an 'enhanced soldier' as sub-human? That has often been the case anyway. Why should an enhanced human being suddenly be the reason why ethics are re-written when present ethics are ignored?

The enhancement human debate is an interesting one and it is covering many aspects of technology right now. Animal DNA and chimeras is one aspect along with mechanical/technological, and gene editing. I think it comes down to ones beliefs. There are only certain things I put in my body due to beliefs, and none of this stuff would qualify

I didnt agree with that part. I would kill a normal enemy solider just as fast as an enhanced one or try too, haha

Creeper

Reaction score
https://www.bloombergquint.com/onwe...hron-selects-patient-for-brain-computer-trial

Synchron Inc., which develops a so-called brain-computer interface and competes with Elon Musk’s Neuralink Corp., enrolled the first patient in its U.S. clinical trial, putting the company’s implant on a path toward possible regulatory approval for wider use in people with paralysis.

I went to a conference around 4 years ago where Hugo De Garis talked about A.I. A couple of things he said that I liked, was that everyone is currently a cyborg.. The computer is in their hand (cell phone), but it will soon move to their brain. He wrote a book called The Artelect War, which talked about a war that will be coming between normal humans (Terrans), and artelects (arteficial human intellects). He talked about how advanced the thinking of artelects will be compared to normal terrans, that it will be like how we view ants. They are so far beneath us and unimportant that it is nothing when you kill them. The artelects intelligence will be so far above the terrans that it will be easier to kill them than find work and a way to feed them.

Questions

1. At some point the children with chips in their brain will be so far above normal children, that parents will have to decide whether or not to chip their children, so that they can keep up in school, jobs, etc. Would you chip your child?
2. If it is approved to be safe, will you move your computer from your hand to your forehead?

What are the parameters of the questions? We have to assume the chips have been tested. But what about the design? If the chips are tiny, let's say the size of a grain of rice, and it has undergone long term testing with little or no side effects, then yes. Imagine being able to speak multiple languages, or play the violin, or play golf like Tiger Woods after getting a simple implant at your doctors office. The possibilities are endless. Of course the question would become, if everyone could do anything or everything without practice or learning would we all get bored and look for other outlets?

Someday I think people will get chipped regularly. Some people will oppose it of course. Conspiracy theorists will worry the government will hack their brains, or use the chips to track their movements. And they may be right.

Something tells me our brains would need to develop a lot more to process all the information we would be receiving constantly before the potential of this idea could be reached.

If I could get a chip that improved my eyesight, kidney function and cured diabetes I would give it a go unless I had to undergo invasive brain surgery. Why not?

dsturgeon

Reaction score
What are the parameters of the questions? We have to assume the chips have been tested. But what about the design? If the chips are tiny, let's say the size of a grain of rice, and it has undergone long term testing with little or no side effects, then yes. Imagine being able to speak multiple languages, or play the violin, or play golf like Tiger Woods after getting a simple implant at your doctors office. The possibilities are endless. Of course the question would become, if everyone could do anything or everything without practice or learning would we all get bored and look for other outlets?

Someday I think people will get chipped regularly. Some people will oppose it of course. Conspiracy theorists will worry the government will hack their brains, or use the chips to track their movements. And they may be right.

Something tells me our brains would need to develop a lot more to process all the information we would be receiving constantly before the potential of this idea could be reached.

If I could get a chip that improved my eyesight, kidney function and cured diabetes I would give it a go unless I had to undergo invasive brain surgery. Why not?

I agree with you in that I think people will line up for this stuff. Both on the technological/mechanical level, and what is going to start being done with crispr cas 9 and on a medical level. It will also be forced on people for both testing and application. I am sure there are already countries using unwilling participants including ours.

This is regina dugan from darpa/google in 2013, I think it fits your grain of rice chip. I imagine the technology has in increased in the last 12 years

Last edited:

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

But would any chip implants work that way? Would they automatically instill the ability to speak another language, or would it simply give you access to the information, the same as looking it up on a computer or phone?

dsturgeon

Reaction score
But would any chip implants work that way? Would they automatically instill the ability to speak another language, or would it simply give you access to the information, the same as looking it up on a computer or phone?

A cool application of this would be soldiers controlling weapons, extra limbs, and other equipment with their mind while fighting

People communicating with their minds by neuron training. It would have to go person-computer-other person. It might be code over actual language, I don't know

Last edited:

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

A cool application of this would be soldiers controlling weapons, extra limbs, and other equipment with their mind while fighting

People communicating with their minds by neuron training. It would have to go person-computer-other person. It might be code over actual language, I don't know

That's very cool, but it still isn't enabling his mind to understand more than it could before. It's allowing his mind to transmit knowledge he already has...which, like I said is very cool.

dsturgeon

Reaction score
That's very cool, but it still isn't enabling his mind to understand more than it could before. It's allowing his mind to transmit knowledge he already has...which, like I said is very cool.

In a way it is. He is understanding how the video games works and how to play and beat pong which is not knowledge he had before.

I know what you are saying though. As far as learning a language you don't know I think it would have to be subliminal. If the chip is able to bypass the ears and allow a brain to hear and learn, you might be able to learn a language in your sleep the same way you would when you are awake. Or depending on how the brain works, maybe it could teach you while you are awake and performing other tasks. If something like the audio part of Rosetta stone ran 24/7 to your brain, I would think at some point it would me a matrix style upload where "I know kung f.u" or I can speak russian just happens. Just a thought