The first five picks of the 2016 Draft

Motown12

First words were not Mom or Dad but Flex Defense
Reaction score
Goff and Wentz are looking like franchise QB's. Bosa has been dominant even after a prolonged contract dispute his rookie year which cost him valuable training camp time which is critical for any rookie. Zeke stepped in and became the best RB in the NFL. And Jalen Ramsey is becoming a dominant shutdown CB. We have all seen drafts where several top 5 picks go down in flames but we picked a good year to have a top 5 pick. I have to admit my order of preference was 1) Zeke 2) Ramsey 3) Bosa. I knew Bosa was a high motor guy who was great at Ohio State but I never thought he would become the player he has become this quickly.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It'll be interesting to see with Goff. Word from MIN was that his coaches were helping him with reads and that, to confuse him, the defense was resetting when the play clock reached 15 seconds. I don't know how true that is...you'd expect other teams to be switching up at the last second on a young QB like that, and MIN has a good defense, but he certainly looked flustered this weekend. Will be interesting to see whether it was just a good defense, or if they exposed something with him going forward.

kumizi

Reaction score
I wanted 1. Wentz 2. Goff 3. Bosa 4. Ramsey 5. Zeke

of course I didn't think either of the QBs would be there. Was really hoping for Bosa and I turned the TV off when they picked Zeke.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Ramsey doesn't matter. A non factor. Irrelevant. Other than that, solid pick.

Goff looks promising, Wentz is the best player in league history, Bosa is an absolute terror and Zeke is the best back on planet Earth.

In my dreams, Zeke lines up behind Wentz for the Dallas Cowboys.

Krikey.

DasTex

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I wanted Jalen Ramsey all the way but in hindsight, he would have been ruined here...and probably become injury prone.
Ramsey could be one of the most annoying players in the league. Just like Cam, not sure I could cheer for him.

He is talented though

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
Goff and Wentz are looking like franchise QB's. Bosa has been dominant even after a prolonged contract dispute his rookie year which cost him valuable training camp time which is critical for any rookie. Zeke stepped in and became the best RB in the NFL. And Jalen Ramsey is becoming a dominant shutdown CB. We have all seen drafts where several top 5 picks go down in flames but we picked a good year to have a top 5 pick. I have to admit my order of preference was 1) Zeke 2) Ramsey 3) Bosa. I knew Bosa was a high motor guy who was great at Ohio State but I never thought he would become the player he has become this quickly.
Very similar to the 1989 draft
Top of that draft yielded
Aikman
Deon
Barry Sanders
3 hof'ers

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
Ramsey doesn't matter. A non factor. Irrelevant. Other than that, solid pick.

Goff looks promising, Wentz is the best player in league history, Bosa is an absolute terror and Zeke is the best back on planet Earth.

In my dreams, Zeke lines up behind Wentz for the Dallas Cowboys.

Krikey.
Even Cowboys hater Stephen A. Smith said he would take Dak over Wentz if a running back like Zeke was behind him.

Tell me you aren't more of a hater then Stephen A Smith haha.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Ramsey could be one of the most annoying players in the league. Just like Cam, not sure I could cheer for him.

He is talented though

We need one of those "annoying" players - someone who gets under the offenses skin and makes them lose focus.

I'd take Ramsey's "distractions" over Zeke's.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
Only Cleveland could screw that draft up. And they did. Royally! Here is what they got:

So the Browns now have nine players — Corey Coleman, Shon Coleman, DeShone Kizer, Cody Kessler, Derrick Kindred, Spencer Drango, Ricardo Louis, Jordan Payton, Jabrill Peppers — as well as the Texans’ first-round pick next year and the Eagles’ second-round pick next year, all for trading the opportunity to choose Wentz.

Corey Coleman has been hurt the past two years and hasn't shown much when healthy. Never heard anything on Shon Coleman. Kizer is a stinking pile of garbage. Kessler is an even stinkier pile of garbage. Never heard of Derrick Kindred, Spencer Drango, Ricardo Louis, and Jordan Payton. I doubt they are any good since the Browns won a whopping 1 game with them. Jabrill Peppers? Is he even active on game day? Haven't heard anything on Peppers.

Clevelad pretty much got the opposite of the Herscel Walker trade. The Cowboys got a lot of good players for Herscel Walker. The Browns got 9 steaming piles of putrid trash in exchange for Carson Wentz.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...ers-for-carson-wentz-and-theyre-not-done-yet/