The Full Scope Of Dak’s Leverage

Blue64

Reaction score
Sounds like quite the Dak slobbering fantasy. Dak will play two tag years and then sign for 45 mil per year! Dak has never had a bad season or missed the playoffs and no one ever gets injured so I guess there’s no roadblocks. The future is bright!
Where you on another planet last season???
“Dak hasn’t missed the playoffs” I guess last year and the fact that Dak couldn’t buy a win against a team with a winning record was all fantasy

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
Dak only has leverage if Jerry allows it. Being the QB for the Cowboys is the most high profile position in sports. It's not the same in Jacksonville or Indy.
This is all a waste of breathe.

Who wants a QB who's guiding light is to disable his team by playing the game outlined above.?

Dallas fans will not support a QB of this agenda.

The organization has to let him walk.

If the team pulls together under McCarthy, Dak becomes less valuable. He loses alot of his leverage.

Right now, he is trying to convince everybody he is the key to any SBs in Dallas.

That is incredibly naive on his part. He has won TWO playoff games.

And I doubt he has anymore in Dallas if ownership keeps him around. Pretty soon every player who wants a new contract will be using Dak as their negotiating model.

The Cowboys can not do this. Every other owner in the NFL will be calling Jerrah not to sign Dak. It's going to effect their franchises directly and indirectly.

Let Dak go, get a backbone Jerrah. You have alot of good decisions so far. Letting Dak play for another team maybe your best decision.

Remember, you own and built the team that Dak needs. Dak didn't build it. It will succeed without him.

He on the other hand is going to end up on a much less talented team. Only a less talented team can afford him.

It's called Catch 22.

Last edited:

Super_Kazuya

Reaction score
Where you on another planet last season???
“Dak hasn’t missed the playoffs” I guess last year and the fact that Dak couldn’t buy a win against a team with a winning record was all fantasy
I’m not sure whether to reply with a “whoosh” or not...

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
So much wrong with that post lol but the thread is too strong now for me to argue. I feel good about the discussion that has occurred, no reason to further the banter

Lets see this is about what the like the100th thread about this. There are multiple Prescott threads that start EVERY say. Just how many times does the same thing needed to be discussed EVERY day?

MarcusRock

Reaction score
It's a message board. You don't have to care for the people who are posting. You just have to post and for the record, it's not YOUR conversation. Again, a message board. To put a finer point on it, you ain't important enough to get incredulous over or whatever else. I'm just telling you how it works. Another one of those things your folks should have taught you. Maybe they tried, IDK. Either way, nobody cares.

Yep. Nobody cares. Even as you continue to. People who turn into salty manbabies when they can't muster a defense for weak points, care.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Dak only has leverage if Jerry allows it. Being the QB for the Cowboys is the most high profile position in sports. It's not the same in Jacksonville or Indy.
:laugh::lmao::lmao2:You are such a funny goof. Your inability to understand the situation as it really exists causes you to say the most inept things. Your ability to ignore the reality of Dak's importance to this team allows you such freedom. It's an entertaining perspective as long as one only gives it the merit it deserves and no more. Jerry has already committed to making Dak his franchise QB for the foreseeable future. If you think he can just pretend he hasn't made those moves, you genuinely deserve all the mockery that you receive.

csirl

Reaction score
Daks leverage left the building with Garrett last month. The only leverage he has now is to become backup QB at the Giants.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Right now, he is trying to convince everybody he is the key to any SBs in Dallas.
I love reading these kind of statements. There is ZERO proof of anything in that being true. Unless your in the room or on the phone call no one has any idea what Dak/Dak's lawyers/Cowboys are or aren't saying.

Northern_Cowboy

Reaction score
:laugh::lmao::lmao2:You are such a funny goof. Your inability to understand the situation as it really exists causes you to say the most inept things. Your ability to ignore the reality of Dak's importance to this team allows you such freedom. It's an entertaining perspective as long as one only gives it the merit it deserves and no more. Jerry has already committed to making Dak his franchise QB for the foreseeable future. If you think he can just pretend he hasn't made those moves, you genuinely deserve all the mockery that you receive.

At this point if the team felt that Dak was the QB you think he is he would have already been signed to a long term deal. JJ has never not signed a player he truly wanted to sign. Does the team like Dak? yes i believe they do but i don't think they like him enough to call him the elite franchise QB alot around here think he is which is why they won't give him the money he wants. NFL teams very rarely throw the tag on QB's they thing are franchise or elite QB's so if Dak gets tagged and plays under it that should tell you something

cowboy_ron

You Can't Fix Stupid
Reaction score
This isn’t necessarily a thread arguing for or against his signing, just some interesting info on the leverage Dak’s camp holds in this negotiation. I know it’s not some flashy reporter, but it’s all factual well researched info and the meat of the reasons why this deal is moving so slow

What he doesn't have leverage on is how people view his character now. His greed is more important than the team.........not a good quality to have in your team leader.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
At this point if the team felt that Dak was the QB you think he is he would have already been signed to a long term deal. JJ has never not signed a player he truly wanted to sign. Does the team like Dak? yes i believe they do but i don't think they like him enough to call him the elite franchise QB alot around here think he is which is why they won't give him the money he wants. NFL teams very rarely throw the tag on QB's they thing are franchise or elite QB's so if Dak gets tagged and plays under it that should tell you something
Having the QB they want is a different matter than negotiating the price they pay for the guy. Two different things. The way you talk, you don't seem to understand this. There is no ambiguity about how the FO feel about Dak. The Jones boys have already stated he is their franchise QB for the foreseeable future. There is a reason a lot around here think Dak is the guy, its because they have eyes and ears and they used them to see and hear Jerry say exactly that. Stop being so oblivious to the reality of the situation, Dak will get tagged but he will also eventually get a long term deal.

Rockdoc

Reaction score
as a general manager i would be happy to negotiate but if u are being a smart ***. do it at your own risk

jaythecowboy

Reaction score
Having the QB they want is a different matter than negotiating the price they pay for the guy. Two different things. The way you talk, you don't seem to understand this. There is no ambiguity about how the FO feel about Dak. The Jones boys have already stated he is their franchise QB for the foreseeable future. There is a reason a lot around here think Dak is the guy, its because they have eyes and ears and they used them to see and hear Jerry say exactly that. Stop being so oblivious to the reality of the situation, Dak will get tagged but he will also eventually get a long term deal.

Zeke had to hold out till nearly week 1 to get his deal, and people think Dak's deal will get done in February? The Cowboys only do deals early if they think they are getting a discount. If the player isn't giving them a deal then they wait till the last minute. They did it with Tank and Zeke.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Zeke had to hold out till nearly week 1 to get his deal, and people think Dak's deal will get done in February?
"People", think many things. February will be over in just a few days and then those people you mentioned will be wrong. The Cowboys don't have to tag Dak until after the first week in March.