The fumble might be the best thing for Romo

burmafrd

Reaction score
No way he can be over confident or cocky now.
No way can he NOT be working his butt off from now through TC.
All the times BP was nagging at him like a housewife on the hubby taking out the garbage as regards holding onto the ball- none of that matches the impact of The Hold.

VA Cowboy

Benched
Reaction score
Unless we won the SB, which wasn't going to happen without a miracle, then our season was going to end with a loss.
I don't think it had to take some improbable fumbled snap inside the ten to make Romo work hard. I think just losing in the playoffs and coming up short of the SB would've been enough.

burmafrd

Reaction score
But this way there is no way he eats the cheese that so many have been feeding him. THIS way there is tremendous personal motivation.

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
No loss is ever good, but if he is who I think he is, then he should be back. I don't expect him to pull a Donnie Moore.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
I doubt the snap will chnage is attitude or how he plays. Unless he places an inordinate proportion of his self-evaluation on PK holds, it would seem to have little bearing on what he does during most of the game, play QB.

burmafrd

Reaction score
Confidence is one thing; over confidence is another. I frankly think he was eating the cheese at least some during the last couple of months. All the other fumbles and INTS he had did not seem to make that much of an impression on him.

kojak

Who Loves Ya Baby?
Reaction score
It just proves that Romo shouldn't be the one who has to hold the ball for the fieldgoal attempt.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
abersonc;1300476 said:
I doubt the snap will chnage is attitude or how he plays. Unless he places an inordinate proportion of his self-evaluation on PK holds, it would seem to have little bearing on what he does during most of the game, play QB.

:hammer:

and who says Romo is eating the cheese? he seems pretty grounded, just high on his ability, which any good player is

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
I agree with Brum. All the time BP was trying to tell Romo that he wasn't as good as he thought. All the time he was saying, "It's the little things."

Well, guess what? He was right about all those things.

It's hard to understand that when everybody in the world is telling you your the greatest thing since Moses sailed. I just think that this gives that little chip on the shoulder you need to over come some of those things that might be holding you back. This will be rememberd as long as Romo plays and he will never want to feel that way again. Those are the kinds of moments in life that make you go 220 instead of just the 110%.

burmafrd

Reaction score
2 years as the holder and this was the first time there was a problem.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
ABQCOWBOY;1300494 said:
I agree with Brum. All the time BP was trying to tell Romo that he wasn't as good as he thought. All the time he was saying, "It's the little things."

Well, guess what? He was right about all those things.

It's hard to understand that when everybody in the world is telling you your the greatest thing since Moses sailed. I just think that this gives that little chip on the shoulder you need to over come some of those things that might be holding you back. This will be rememberd as long as Romo plays and he will never want to feel that way again. Those are the kinds of moments in life that make you go 220 instead of just the 110%.

but in turn, you don't want him to be afraid of his own shadow, even BP said he wants Romo to keep trying to make plays, just be smart about it

that comes w/ experience, he'll get it

kojak

Who Loves Ya Baby?
Reaction score
CanadianCowboysFan;1300495 said:
Huh? One fumble shows he shouldn't be holding?

Since when does your starting QB have to be the one holding the ball on Fg attemts? I thought backup's or tightends had that role. Look for a diffrent holder next year.

burmafrd

Reaction score
I can understand why they did not want to change holders during the season- that is not a good idea- but its pretty safe to say that there will be a different one next year. I just happen to think that after all the problems he had holding onto the ball that THIS one will make a bigger impact then all the others combined- and should ensure that he will work twice as hard from now on; AND remember to hold onto the ball.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
summerisfunner;1300500 said:
but in turn, you don't want him to be afraid of his own shadow, even BP said he wants Romo to keep trying to make plays, just be smart about it

that comes w/ experience, he'll get it

I don't think one has to mean the other. To me, Romo needs to evaluate the lessons learned and take from the as any good player would. Next time he's in that situation, and I'm not just talking about holding, he'll remember that moment. One single laps in concentration, that's what it was, cost dearly. Next time, his mind will be focused on the little things. In the NFL, it's the little things that are the difference makers to me.

For that single failure, he will be a much better player IMO.

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
burmafrd;1300509 said:
I can understand why they did not want to change holders during the season- that is not a good idea- but its pretty safe to say that there will be a different one next year. I just happen to think that after all the problems he had holding onto the ball that THIS one will make a bigger impact then all the others combined- and should ensure that he will work twice as hard from now on; AND remember to hold onto the ball.

I agree with that statement but to say because he fumbled the snap, he shouldn't be holding is silly.

Hell, Romoitis had a great run. He had hot country stars all over him, he started to sell jerseys to people who didn't even know he existed at the beginning of October.

It came too easily for him. Now he knows he has to work for it.

DipChit

Reaction score
I think he was humbled enough just by his QB play alone the last few weeks.

I would hope so anyway cause theres nothing worse than a "cocky" player that only plays ordinary but still thinks he's good.

kojak

Who Loves Ya Baby?
Reaction score
CanadianCowboysFan;1300516 said:
I agree with that statement but to say because he fumbled the snap, he shouldn't be holding is silly.

Hell, Romoitis had a great run. He had hot country stars all over him, he started to sell jerseys to people who didn't even know he existed at the beginning of October.

It came too easily for him. Now he knows he has to work for it.

No it isn't silly. How many starting QB's in the league other than Romo have that same task.

I could understand when Romo first started. But now it is time for another holder.

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
I just hope he runs more sprints in the off season cause it was like he was running in slow motion. I couldn't scream RUN loud enough at the tv:laugh2: