CFZ The future looks bright

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Well Farniok has only been here one year, so I dont understand the "every" year reference.

This is his 2nd year losing out to Biadasz in the starting center competition. Its actually been no competition at all, but these Biadasz haters like to talk big about it.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This is probably going to be a long post as I will touch on several topics.

I think the first thing I want to say is that I am very excited about the young players we have on this team. It starts with the stars like Parsons, Diggs, and Lamb, but carries over to lots of players taken later in the draft or even in free agency. I think we have 2-3 guys at WR that can be really good, we have exciting guys like Dowdle, Davis and Shampklin in the backfield.

~clicks Fan Zone tab~

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Pretty much given up on winning the Superbowl, but will still follow the Cowboys and hope they do well.
Just setting realisic expectations for myself.
How about you Rock ?
Every year it’s a new team. They’ve got a team that can go all the way if they stay healthy and get the breaks all SB winners get along the way.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
Every year it’s a new team. They’ve got a team that can go all the way if they stay healthy and get the breaks all SB winners get along the way.
Yep, the ball bouncing your way helps tremendously.
Can't plan for it, but nice when it happens.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
The key to this team's success is whether or not Dak gets the needed time to find his receivers and complete the intended passes. Pass protection should decide that. Of course, the rushing game needs to click, too. If both of those things perform up to par, good things will happen. If not, expectations should be kept at arm's length. That holds true for most any year. Prospective seasons like this one won't likely respect any deviations from the norm.

Last edited:

OGCowboy

Reaction score
Many saying they are worried about the offense...how is that possible when almost all key starters haven’t taken a snap in a game yet and all the on paper chatter is just that...chatter
When it’s for real and on the field....then we’ll know more about what is what...

nalam

The realist
Reaction score
missing a 61 yarder doesn’t bother me at all…if he is good under 45 to 50 then we are gonna be aolid
The last game when he was short of 61 was better kick, directionally, this time he tried to compensate for the distance and pulled it.
I would be happy if he kicks directionally well and makes all FG under 50 yards and EPs .

Cebrin

Reaction score
Depth on Defense is a bright spot.

CB Depth
With the exception of Diggs, I don't think there's a huge gap between the other CBs. Al Harris is doing a good job with these guys.

Safety Depth:
Good depth; I wonder if it lets Kearse play a hybrid S-LB type of position and then lets Parsons play closer to the line.

Run Defense/DL:
Interior DL has good depth and a good rotation of guys. DL overall has quality depth. I think it takes pressure off the LBs.

Run Blocking:
It's look good regardless of personnel/lineup
Huge win if we can bang the ball this year. Instantly makes the entire offense even more dangerous.