Video: The Gallup Drop

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Yep, he T-Rexxed it. No excuses.

Yet he will make a big catch down the sideline and manage to control his body and land both toes in bound. lol The catch he would make later in the game was amazing, at 1st glance I thought he was out of bound yet replay shows he dragged his toes and made the catch.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
True. And maybe they did after that play.

Not sure about that, I just know that is a catch he needs to make. Again, while it is upsetting I tend not to come down on a player who time and again has shown ability to make big plays.

glimmerman

Reaction score
Nothing wrong with it outside of a dropped pass. Distraction? shouldn't be. WR must remain focused and watch the ball into his hands. That was a 3rd and 2 and should have been a 1st down. Gallup needs to make the catch unlike some I don't stay down on a player when they mess up because I know over the course of the game and the season he will make big plays as well. I would love perfection but do not expect it.
He made a unreal sideline catch that I thought would be challenged. Was great catch. The missed pass would have been huge for us. Maybe points on the board. Like the Lamb drop.

Jarntt

Reaction score
I'm not saying Gallup shouldn't have caught it (he should), but that was a horrible pass. The replays I've seen don't really show it but the original live shot of it showed the ball fluttering all over the place and kind of knuckling almost a little. Again, should have had it, but not as easy of a catch as most are stating IMHO

slick325

Reaction score
Wish he could have that back. Jalen Ramsey was so far out of the play that I think that was a TD by Gallup.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Good rule find. But Gallup was dropping that whether that guy was behind the white line or not. He could have short-armed it because he thought the guy was a defender though. If that's the case, he should have pleaded his case to the refs. Have to know the rule though and I doubt he did. Coaches need to be on that type of stuff and you know ours never are like with that Butler substitution penalty in the playoffs at home against Green Bay.

Yeah, I don't know if we can say that the short-arm wasn't caused by the coach movement and Gallup thinking it was a defender. I agree if that was the case that he needed to say something to the officials. I think one reason our guys don't get calls at times is because they don't complain. Our DL don't flail and fall to the ground when they are held, our receivers don't make a big show of it when they are interfered with, etc. The QBs are one of the biggest ones I notice going back to Romo. Our guys are terrible about flopping when they are hit while throwing.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
He made a unreal sideline catch that I thought would be challenged. Was great catch. The missed pass would have been huge for us. Maybe points on the board. Like the Lamb drop.

I make no excuses for the drop, that is a catch that needs to be made. I don't care about coaches on the sideline standing in the white, he need to make that catch

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Yet he will make a big catch down the sideline and manage to control his body and land both toes in bound. lol The catch he would make later in the game was amazing, at 1st glance I thought he was out of bound yet replay shows he dragged his toes and made the catch.
Yeah, in real time from that angle, I thought NO WAY he made that catch. It was amazing, and that's why I love having him here.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
Looks like a Rams coach was clearly in the white line (safety area) area out of bounds.

Seem he was yelling at Gallup during the play
At the very least it was a distraction.
It that legal?
No. Yet another call missed! Good eye. :D

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Looks like a Rams coach was clearly in the white line (safety area) area out of bounds.

Seem he was yelling at Gallup during the play

At the very least it was a distraction.

It that legal?

Not legal...should have been flagged

JonesBoys

Reaction score
I don't think it effected the catch because the second replay shows Gallup looking back at the ball so I'm not even sure he saw that coach.
That being said I thought they can't be in that white space area during play? If that's the case that should have been a 15 yard penalty.

bsbellomy

Reaction score
I'm curious how often the coaches are on the white border. I don't pay much attention to it at games, but if they are regularly on it, then I can understand why the officials wouldn't throw a flag. However, this was the perfect opportunity to enforce the rule since the drop happened right in front of a coach who was violating it.

Yes but this one borders on interference with the actual play. If there was ever a reason to enforce the rule this was it.

FVSTONE

Reaction score
Yes. Nothing to see here.
I agree, this was a plain and simple drop on Gallop's part. Which resulted in another stalled drive. There are too many drops happening in Cowboy games this year and they need to move this issue to the top of their FIX IT list because if they persist these types of drops are going to come back and bite this team in the BUTT!